• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2019 - In memorm..mermo...memr...they gone

Just posted this in the other thread.

World class keeper without a doubt ( his save against Pele is still talked about as one of the best ever), We may have gone on and won the 70 world cup but he had to miss the game against Germany and Bonetti was at fault for a couple of the German goals.

On top of that he really was one of the nicest people i have met.

I was nowhere near alive at the time but I don't understand the hype around that particular save against Brazil, it looked pretty routine stuff, you know where the balls going to go before hand and Pele's header bounces taking any and all power away from the ball?

Well there were some textbook rules in football years and years ago in my day lol..how to kick a ball,how to trap a ball etc.One of the textball ways to head a ball at goal was to head it down away from the keepers hands. Pele did this perfectly against Banks [He generally did everything perfectly] As can be seem that save was just out of this World IMO...
It's just what makes football Magic!
RIP Banksie.

I was nowhere near alive at the time but I don't understand the hype around that particular save against Brazil, it looked pretty routine stuff, you know where the balls going to go before hand and Pele's header bounces taking any and all power away from the ball?

Well even Pele said it was the best save he had ever seen so i would think he knows better then the rest of us.

The answer to this question is, No.

Well there were some textbook rules in football years and years ago in my day lol..how to kick a ball,how to trap a ball etc.One of the textball ways to head a ball at goal was to head it down away from the keepers hands. Pele did this perfectly against Banks [He generally did everything perfectly] As can be seem that save was just out of this World IMO...
It's just what makes football Magic!
RIP Banksie.

Before watching the save back over the past few days, I always thought it was overrated. But now I notice how Gordon Banks throws himself backwards collecting the ball behind him. The camera angle makes it difficult to appreciate just how good the save was. Had it been today, we would have seen it from different angles, making it easier to appreciate just how good that save is.

As usual, it is easier to appreciate someone's efforts when they have passed away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47293612

<Insert joke about Chanel being in mourning, wearing black and nobody noticing>
Quotation-Karl-Lagerfeld-Sweatpants-are-a-sign-of-defeat-You-lost-control-of-43-86-53.jpg

My hero.

Back