• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I never learn mate.
I am actually keeping the end of May/start of June free.
I love the hope.
I love the fact I can genuinely have some.

It is great to be in the title race, no matter how unlikely, as we approach March. There was a time when all that was left was to plan the summer holidays at this time of year because the season was always effectively done. To be in the CL too is also amazing.

But it’s fudging stressful. Days dreaming about what a title win would be like before I catch myself and talk some sense in to me. Co workers and friends saying “you’d never know” and me, in a pure reflex action, saying “Ah it’s Tottenham, we’ll fudge it up”. That awful, terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach as you’re one goal up on Leicester in the last few minutes and they are battering you and you know, you just know they’ll equalize because you’ve seen it a million times before. In fact, they’ll probably get two.

And then Sonny scores and secures the three points. The pure elation completely makes all the worrying over the last week and particularly the last 10 minutes worth it. This team defy my cynicism again. And they’ll have to do the same next week and for every week thereafter. They’re carrying the can for the 30 years of brick that preceded them. And they’re doing it brilliantly.

Imagine the stress of needing a win in the last game for the title or to win the CL. I’d be in a mental home. Then imagine the euphoria if we actually did it. Imagine. The euphoria of Sonny’s goal multiplied by a million. I’d fudging climb the gates of that mental home to get out and celebrate.

To dare is to do.

It is great to be in the title race, no matter how unlikely, as we approach March. There was a time when all that was left was to plan the summer holidays at this time of year because the season was always effectively done. To be in the CL too is also amazing.

But it’s fudging stressful. Days dreaming about what a title win would be like before I catch myself and talk some sense in to me. Co workers and friends saying “you’d never know” and me, in a pure reflex action, saying “Ah it’s Tottenham, we’ll fudge it up”. That awful, terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach as you’re one goal up on Leicester in the last few minutes and they are battering you and you know, you just know they’ll equalize because you’ve seen it a million times before. In fact, they’ll probably get two.

And then Sonny scores and secures the three points. The pure elation completely makes all the worrying over the last week and particularly the last 10 minutes worth it. This team defy my cynicism again. And they’ll have to do the same next week and for every week thereafter. They’re carrying the can for the 30 years of brick that preceded them. And they’re doing it brilliantly.

Imagine the stress of needing a win in the last game for the title or to win the CL. I’d be in a mental home. Then imagine the euphoria if we actually did it. Imagine. The euphoria of Sonny’s goal multiplied by a million. I’d fudging climb the gates of that mental home to get out and celebrate.

To dare is to do.

For me the remedy is goin to the games

I find it much more stressful watching on TV as there is a build up I can’t control

The blokes a twunt

But for me it’s true

Wednesday night was enjoyable because of being there

Totally agree, watching at home is far more stressful, always helps to have fellow yids and a few pints to take the edge off the nerves. I like to have a bit of time after to come back down and dissect the match with a mate after a game too, it’s not quite the same when the game is over at home and you then just to continue with the day / eve straight after.

I actually think that's the hardest place to get a result We'll be worthy champions if we do.

I take heart from last season there, when we bossed them absolutely in the second half. On a side note, Poch does these tactical tweaks at half time - around the Liverpool away game last year I started to notice them clearly - we are in a spell at the moment where they are very noticeable too.

I haven't seen us really dominate City recently and I think they will be more relaxed than Pool, more able to play without nerves and mistakes.

I'm not super confident, just more so than usual.

Phil Thompson saying rival fans dread the thought of a decade of Liverpool dominance if they win the title this year.

Actually it is the thought of 50 more years of Liverpool muppets & tosspots dominating the media scene that I dread the most.

Never believe a word that Jeff Stelling and his panel of tame monkeys have to say.

Never believe a word that Jeff Stelling and his panel of tame monkeys have to say.

They are just old footballers chewing the cud. Nothing more. Quite entertaining but nothing serious, some on here take it all far too seriously.
If some think Kammy is "credible" my case rest.

They are just old footballers chewing the cud. Nothing more. Quite entertaining but nothing serious, some on here take it all far too seriously.
If some think Kammy is "credible" my case rest.

As much as I truly detest Liverpool, I do enjoy Thompson. Not because I find him particularly insightful but because he’s a proper fan. He loves Liverpool and I suspect he’s been a fan since he was a kid not just because he played for them. He loves that club and is passionate about them and football in general and it’s entertaining to watch and listen to him for those reasons. Admittedly, it’s even more enjoyable watching the pain on his face when they concede.

Back