• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Wrong. Most players have credited Llorente for his attitude and contribution to squad morale.

He's a winner and he's extemely experienced. Everything I've seen and heard suggests he's a man of integrity, character and is highly respected.

Complete opposite of Adebayor, winning stuff aside.

Who has started playing well that he is now talking about a new contract.

The simple fact is llorente has helped to contribute to our good form without the likes of Harry, Dele and Dier being available. He is a good option for us to have. A proven striker, with a history of winning things that is happy to play a support role for the team.

You’ve seen his reaction to some of his goals recently - and I was so pleased he came on and scored against Dortmund.

I think he is a great option to bring off the bench, he seems a popular member of the squad, he doesnt court bad headlines about not playing, he just keeps his head down and gets on with his job. I hope he keeps playing the reliable role he is playing.

And for his critics, I would love to see a stat about mins/goal, i think we’d be surprised to see how low it is.

He's proving himself worth keeping beyond this season and unless we have a long term target in mind that is available/gettable in the summer it would make sense to keep him around rather than roll the dice on another cheap backup CF who will probably turn out to struggle to get going for the same reasons Llorente did last year.

Although delighted he hasn’t let anyone down in his most recent appearances and I wouldn’t argue that with more game time he will get sharper and move a little better, this period has been a freak in terms of his selection. If he signs a new deal it would take Son and Kane to both be out at the same time for him to be considered to start a game of any importance, which will mean he will never get run of games he needs to be at the top of his game.

I’ll happily admit I was wrong when I thought Son couldn’t play as a 9 against top opposition, but this means with Kane unlikely to be genuinely rested or rotated, whoever it is we keep / sign will be a distant third choice. I think our third option has to be another player who can also get some minutes as an AMF, with Sterling getting opportunities against lower league teams in the cup.

Would hardly say he is playing well

But he has had an impact that’s for sure

Because he wants a new contract. I give some money to the guy sat outside co-op sometimes, because 1 he does not annoy me and 2 he has not been trying to steal a living the last 18 months. Llorente can do one. I can tolerate him being cack, but only starting to put in a bit of effort when he wants a new contract, bugger off.

Give him a contract. Easiest way to solve the backup striker issue for a year.

It's a dramatic turnaround from a month ago, but hey, he deserves it. Even if his goalscoring is temporary, his bullish ability to knock it down to others is worth keeping.

It's a dramatic turnaround from a month ago, but hey, he deserves it. Even if his goalscoring is temporary, his bullish ability to knock it down to others is worth keeping.

Might just come down to money. We have 6 main players for the 4 attacking positions (Kane, DEle, Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Moura). Really you need 8 based on 2 players per position.

I think we need another Son-like player - mobile attacker who can play behind the front man, and ideally, though not critical, also deputise as a CF.

If you add that 7th player, then is it worth spending £100k per week (£5m per year) or whatever Llorente would want as your 8th player for those positions? Probably not. I'd rather get a young player

Might just come down to money. We have 6 main players for the 4 attacking positions (Kane, DEle, Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Moura). Really you need 8 based on 2 players per position.

I think we need another Son-like player - mobile attacker who can play behind the front man, and ideally, though not critical, also deputise as a CF.

If you add that 7th player, then is it worth spending £100k per week (£5m per year) or whatever Llorente would want as your 8th player for those positions? Probably not. I'd rather get a young player

That would be fine, too. In fact, I agree. But I think we're not likely to get a Son-esque player who's also happy being a backup to Son. Maybe Ryan Sessegnon if Fulham go down, but he's more of a traditional winger, and I doubt he can play as a CF.

Thus, keeping Llorente around would allow us to retain relatively healthy numbers up front. And then, in 2020, we can assess if Troy Parrott is ready to make the step up to be a backup striker to Kane and Son.

Yep, we will have bigger priorities to deal with over summer ..

Back