• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

And closer to his prime ...

Next season, new stadium, a fit Dele/Kane/Son to start season, all with a year more experience, all a little closer to their prime, could be very interesting.

Be interesting, could Son outscore Kane?

Very true. If we can somehow keep Eriksen and Toby (and actually make a little bit of investment), I will be more excited for the start of the season than for any other in a long time.

The problem with Son is when he is on form he is red hot but when he isn’t he can be very frustrating to watch. Luckily his form has been consistent over a long period.
If he keeps going at this level, more or less, he'll be player of the season. PL player of the season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Son isn’t mentally fatigued, possibly running on fumes since coming back from the Asian games but knowing he had to step up in Kane’s absence. Kane comes back, the pressure is lifted and his brain puts him in relax mode. I don’t mean he is intentionally switching off but he has been through a lot of pressure this season and it is bound to take its toll.
Of course my amateur psychology beats anything the club can see.

I thought he was OK today, chased everything and gave them something to think about.
Problem is that it's him and Harry up front on their own. There's no help around them. Last three games they're getting the and theres 3 on each of them.
Need dele back and Eriksen to step up.

I always think Son is streaky, he is unplayable for a run of games and then returns to being a mere mortal for awhile. But, right now, I think he could do with the night off v Dortmund and bring him back fresh for Southampton.

Not sure we can afford that luxury mate. He’s been our best player offensively this season and we’re not playing well. We should still get through but we’ve thrown away similar leads in cup competitions before. It’s all hands on deck.

Also don’t think the term streaky is overly accurate anymore.

Not sure we can afford that luxury mate. He’s been our best player offensively this season and we’re not playing well. We should still get through but we’ve thrown away similar leads in cup competitions before. It’s all hands on deck.

Also don’t think the term streaky is overly accurate anymore.

I wouldn't rest him due to 'streakyness' (even if that's only my perception of him and not the reality). But he has done 3 games in a week, pretty tough ones and to me, he looks like he could do with a break before the next league game. I think, with a 3-0 lead, we can afford to play Moura in his place.

Back