• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

In-form Tottenham forward Son Heung-min, 26, who signed a five-year contract in July, is set to be offered a second pay rise in 12 months in a new deal, taking his wages to £150,000-a-week. (Mail)

Tottenham look to pip Arsenal to sign £35m ex-Liverpool star Suso
The 25-year-old Spaniard is currently with AC Milan but has a release clause with the Italian giants

Tottenham are ready to re-ignite their interest in AC Milan attacking midfielder Suso.

The 25-year-old Spaniard has scored six goals and provided eight assists in 26 appearances in all competitions this season.

Mauricio Pochettino has a long-standing interest in the versatile star who can also play on the right wing.

Suso - full name Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre - has three seasons left on his current contract but he also has a release clause of £35million that Milan want to remove.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery is an admirer but the interest of Spurs is understood to be stronger.

Suso made his Liverpool debut as a teenager in 2012 but was loaned out to Almeria before joining Milan in 2015.

He admitted earlier this year that he would return to the Premier League if given the opportunity.

"Premier League football is different, I would call it special. I would like to play for Liverpool again someday.

"I grew up there and it is a big club," he said.

Well if you really believe that we need/will bring in 6 new faces in the summer then all i can say is that you will be able/ happy to moan about our lack of signings again.

I was in a discussion with @nayimfromthehalfwayline about his musings on Poch making a sweep of changes in the squad. My take was that it may at most involve up to 6 leaving and i thought that number of changes might be such that it'd be unlikely and/or may be too many IN ONE SUMMER WINDOW to be cohesive.

Stop looking for your usual excuse to bash anyone you feel at some point might critically look at/question Levy/The Club

Looking at who we target, you do feel that a key aspect of any new forward/attackers who might be brought in will be having the two-footed ability that Son, Eriksen, Kane and to a lesser extent Alli and Moura have.
This might make Lamela the most at-risk to be marked for 'upgrading'....

I also wonder if two-footedness will be key for any new CM. Or actually do we need to have more left-footed CMs to balance movements and passing in CM, like Pep and other top coaches seem to like?

Looking at who we target, you do feel that a key aspect of any new forward/attackers who might be bought in will be having the two-footed ability that Son, Eriksen, Kane and to a lesser extent Alli and Moura have.

I also wonder if two-footedness will be key for any new CM. Or actually do we need to have more left-footed CMs to balance movements and passing in CM, like Pep and other top coaches seem to like?

Lamela is very upgradeable because he is so one footed and suffers physically

His end product is decent and sometimes excellent but when you have other players just at the higher level he is at risk IMO

However Poch does love him and he has never let us down. But to go to the very next level he IMO can be upgraded on

In-form Tottenham forward Son Heung-min, 26, who signed a five-year contract in July, is set to be offered a second pay rise in 12 months in a new deal, taking his wages to £150,000-a-week. (Mail)

Tottenham look to pip Arsenal to sign £35m ex-Liverpool star Suso
The 25-year-old Spaniard is currently with AC Milan but has a release clause with the Italian giants

Tottenham are ready to re-ignite their interest in AC Milan attacking midfielder Suso.

The 25-year-old Spaniard has scored six goals and provided eight assists in 26 appearances in all competitions this season.

Mauricio Pochettino has a long-standing interest in the versatile star who can also play on the right wing.

Suso - full name Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre - has three seasons left on his current contract but he also has a release clause of £35million that Milan want to remove.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery is an admirer but the interest of Spurs is understood to be stronger.

Suso made his Liverpool debut as a teenager in 2012 but was loaned out to Almeria before joining Milan in 2015.

He admitted earlier this year that he would return to the Premier League if given the opportunity.

"Premier League football is different, I would call it special. I would like to play for Liverpool again someday.

"I grew up there and it is a big club," he said.

How many tranfers windows have we been linked with him now?

Any rumours coming out of Italy should just be ignored.

I was in a discussion with @nayimfromthehalfwayline about his musings on Poch making a sweep of changes in the squad. My take was that it may at most involve up to 6 leaving and i thought that number of changes might be such that it'd be unlikely and/or may be too many IN ONE SUMMER WINDOW to be cohesive.

Stop looking for your usual excuse to bash anyone you feel at some point might critically look at/question Levy/The Club

Its easy to bash ( your word not mine) a fan who every time ( or nearly every time) you have posted since the summer you have had a dig at Levy, being critical is fine but you are/have been a Brocken record on that subject. No reason to become precious about what is true.

Its easy to bash ( your word not mine) a fan who every time ( or nearly every time) you have posted since the summer you have had a dig at Levy, being critical is fine but you are/have been a Brocken record on that subject. No reason to become precious about what is true.

Whatever bud. I've given my views on last summer (which even you have to agree was quite unique/different to any other given the context of where we are, where our competitors are etc) and if every time i or anyone talks about possible pitfalls regarding our plans going forward you see it as a 'dig at Levy' then i'll leave you to your own "people always want to bash Levy even if they are trying to critically analyse" broken record; it gets played often enough eh

Looking at who we target, you do feel that a key aspect of any new forward/attackers who might be bought in will be having the two-footed ability that Son, Eriksen, Kane and to a lesser extent Alli and Moura have.

Absolutely.

Not only is he completely one footed, but he is also regularly unavailable and arguably failing to reach his potential.

And thats aside from massive inconsistency in performance.

He has some wonderful attributes, and has put in some great performances, but you never quite know what youre going to get - if anything.

So in AM, if someones getting replaced, I think Lamela is at genuine risk.

That said, my expectation is more that we will get an extra AM to compensate for Llorente and Jansen leaving.

I think two footedness is a massive plus in any position, no matter where on the pitch. Just look at Eriksen and Kane, they have the ingenuity to get out of situations one footed players cant, just as they have the ability to play really imaginative shots and passes because they do whatever is best, rather than move it to a preferred side first.

I dont think its KEY, but its a very nice to have.

Makes you wonder why he does not practise with his right foot more.

I am sure I saw him score a right foot curler for us this season, I noted it because I almost did not believe what I saw, thought it might be the start of something. Alas it was not, so like you I would upgrade him like an old Nokia.

There is a kid on loan from QPR to Accrington Stanley called Paul Smyth aged 21. I have seen him play many times for Linfield in Belfast. He scored against South Korea on his senior debut for Northern Ireland, although he's still mainly with the U21's. He won a penalty and scored against Sunderland tonight. He is a cracker and if he was called Smythio he would be no doubt be a prospect. He can play right wing or 10. His pressing is superb and he is a torture for defenders who dawdle on the ball. If we can sign the likes of NKoudou and N'jie, although he is probably more similar to Sonny (big, big statement I know), then I can't help but wonder what Poch could do with this lad. He is a talent and would cost us next to nothing.

@Yoof

Whatever bud. I've given my views on last summer (which even you have to agree was quite unique/different to any other given the context of where we are, where our competitors are etc) and if every time i or anyone talks about possible pitfalls regarding our plans going forward you see it as a 'dig at Levy' then i'll leave you to your own "people always want to bash Levy even if they are trying to critically analyse" broken record; it gets played often enough eh
To be fair, we are having our best PL season so far since that transfer window and still in the CL. Every time we lose a game it’s because “we didn’t buy anyone”, so it’s only fair to point out the reality of where we currently are this season.

I am watching bayern leverkusen versus dusseldorf seeing as we often linked with players from Germany. This Havertz for Bayern gets talked about a lot and as a few of you will know I am keen on Brandt and Tah.

I would not mind bringing Sancho back. Jan had him pegged back second half but he is the kind of player who could fit in our team, is young, English and his value will go up. And there is still room for Poch to coach him up. I know we was interested when he left City but he chose Dortmund.

To be fair, we are having our best PL season so far since that transfer window and still in the CL. Every time we lose a game it’s because “we didn’t buy anyone”, so it’s only fair to point out the reality of where we currently are this season.

And where in my exchanges with @nayimfromthehalfwayline did I say "we lost game x or y because we didn't buy anyone"?
I thought I WAS talking about the reality of where we are this season and where we may possibly be next summer..

Back