• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Z8YFdOJ.jpg

So whats the general feeling on here now? I don't hav no more inside info as my mates job has finished. I would be shocked if we are in now by end of season, thats my gut feeling
I tend to agree.

It suits me to prepare for the fact it won’t be this season. There is no benefit to the club to confirm that until we have almost run out of games but if it does open before the end of the season I will now see it as a huge bonus.

That is a bad memory, i was at all the three games and in each one we took the lead. Do not think that i have felt more gutted then i did waling away after that third game. :(

I know mate, same here went to all three. The last 5 mins and ending were surreal, still don't know how we lost.

That is a bad memory, i was at all the three games and in each one we took the lead. Do not think that i have felt more gutted then i did waling away after that third game. :(

I’ll have to get a video of them to refresh my failing memory, that year my Son was one and I had my mind on family and business.
My son now misses so much Spurs due to his business life.

I was 14yo and watching via teletext. I must have got the kickoff time wrong and went to bed happy in the knowledge that I was going to school the next day with us going to Wembley.

Got a right fudging shock with my weetabix!

Strange to think that 30 years on we can’t wait to escape from Wembley but dont give two s h i t s about cup finals either!

Arsenal 1987 League Cup Semi-Final replay anyone? :oops:

Gary Mabbutt talked at a legend's night that I went to a few years ago, hosted by the Norwegian Spurs Supporters Club. He talked about the aftermath of the second leg, where he won the coin toss and got to choose which ground the replay should be played at. He wanted to choose Highbury, because Spurs' away form was very good that season. But he chose White Hart Lane, as you do, of course. He was adamant that we would have won that replay, had the Arsenal captain won that coin toss.

86/87 in a nutshell, fine margins and team fatigue keeping us from a potential treble. A few years before my starting to support Spurs, so I have only read about it. Agonisingly.

That was the night I wanted to kill my mum....

I was living/studying in Paris at the time, and my mum had come out to visit and stay with me for the week. That evening we were sitting in my room, listening to the game on the radio (World Service I think) and I was of course gutted at the end and would have preferred to be on my own to wallow. At which point mum (who knew nothing about football but would class herself as a Spurs fan because of my dad and I) decided to try to cheer me up by uttering those near-fatal (for her) words “well, never mind, in the end the best team won.” :mad: :mad:

I was living/studying in Paris at the time, and my mum had come out to visit and stay with me for the week. That evening we were sitting in my room, listening to the game on the radio (World Service I think) and I was of course gutted at the end and would have preferred to be on my own to wallow. At which point mum (who knew nothing about football but would class herself as a Spurs fan because of my dad and I) decided to try to cheer me up by uttering those near-fatal (for her) words “well, never mind, in the end the best team won.” :mad: :mad:
Where is she buried?

86/87 in a nutshell, fine margins and team fatigue keeping us from a potential treble. A few years before my starting to support Spurs, so I have only read about it. Agonisingly.

Indeed that side deserved to have won a trophy that season, but fixture congestion and injurys piled up. By the time we played Coventry in the final we were out of steam and legs.

“Bon, tant pis, finalement la meilleure équipe a gagné :(

Back