• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Yes I am very much so. I have seen him play half a dozen times maybe more live this season and its not like that every game, many times he takes people on keeps hold of ball too long and then gets doubled up on because of holding it, not every time granted but very much alot. He often chooses wrong options and is selfish in play, granted he is star player but his poor output is not just down to being doubled up on FFS

How much of that is down to a lack of options?

Ive only seen Palace a few times this season, but Id say:
- He certainly is doubled/tippled up on a lot of the time
- He is literally the only one they look to to make things happen
- Very often he is the out ball, he carries it, and has none/one in the box to try and find and is otherwise alone
- Most of their players are brick so its no surprise if when he tries to go alone
- They havent even been playing a striker most of the season

Im not saying he is perfect, at all. I think he should certainly produce more. I also think there are a few good reasons as to why he is as he is.

And I still think a move to a better club could see him suddenly become a superstar.

Ive argued before, if he came to us and gets the ball out on the left - Kane/Alli/Son etc are also up there with him.
He has support. If he gets doubled up on THEY have space. If he doesnt HE gets to make the killer move and when he does weve got bodies forward to capitalise.

Same goes if he was at City/Utd etc...

Needs a goal doesn't he? At least to keep his spirits up to match his graft.
Good pressing tonight and was a tireless worker, so unfortunate that early volley just missed the target.

If he was to score vs Burnley AND we win, could you imagine the fear we'd start putting into defences even more than now?:eek:

Needs a goal doesn't he? At least to keep his spirits up to match his graft.
Good pressing tonight and was a tireless worker, so unfortunate that early volley just missed the target.

If he was to score vs Burnley AND we win, could you imagine the fear we'd start putting into defences even more than now?:eek:

I thought he did well, both him and Son never gave their defense a minutes peace and although neither one of them had one of their best games they never stopped working and run their defense ragged.

I thought he did well, both him and Son never gave their defense a minutes peace and although neither one of them had one of their best games they never stopped working and run their defense ragged.

You think so? Thought he was our weakest player myself. True he puts in a shift but his end product - considering his position - was tinkle poor and has been for the past three months. Also still waiting for the amazing dribbling skills and searing acceleration that people always talk about.

Unlucky not to score, inches from a spectacular goal. Worked his arse off, just needs a bit of luck to boost his confidence imo.

Fantastic technique. He's getting closer to his next goal. 6 league goals so far not to be sniffed at either way..

I think he is one that suffers from injury recovery

I’d argue our tow best players this season have been Son and Toby.... neither has had an injury

We seem to have a problem that players who get injured cannot get up to speed again to their previous levels

I think he is one that suffers from injury recovery

I’d argue our tow best players this season have been Son and Toby.... neither has had an injury

We seem to have a problem that players who get injured cannot get up to speed again to their previous levels

Perhaps, though often a Mr Kane and Vertonghen buck that trend but i take your point. As Poch trusts players more i think he will ease them back (and mostly i think he tries to do this).
Moura might have been more unlucky in that he was nearing a return just when Kane and Alli were injured and so perhaps might have come back vs Palace or Watford instead of as a sub vs Chelsea

Perhaps, though often a Mr Kane and Vertonghen buck that trend but i take your point. As Poch trusts players more i think he will ease them back (and mostly i think he tries to do this).
Moura might have been more unlucky in that he was nearing a return just when Kane and Alli were injured and so perhaps might have come back vs Palace or Watford instead of as a sub vs Chelsea

Kane was poor when he came back last year

I see Lucas as an inconsistent player. I don't know if it is instructions or being marked out. It is definitely not attitude as he works very hard.

I think this season our results havent suffered with Kane being out. Thia means we can ease him back in from the bench, get him match time when defences are tiring. I expect him to be on the bench for Burnley, Chelsea and Dortmund (or whatever order they are in) and i think he will start against Arsenal

I see Lucas as an inconsistent player. I don't know if it is instructions or being marked out. It is definitely not attitude as he works very hard.
There’s been a couple of times when he’s breezed last players from deep positions but ran into trouble before releasing the ball or getting a shot off. He also seems to get fouled a lot which can make him disappear from the game / provide less thrust.

I’m optimistic as I was when Son first came to us that he has all the tools to do well in this league and there will be a continual improvement the more he plays. The United game showed what he is capable of and he’s been unfortunate to get injured when he did - a goal would be good for his confidence though.

Last edited:
There’s been a couple of times when he’s breezed last players from deep positions but ran into trouble before releasing the ball or getting a shot off. He also seems to get fouled a lot which can make him disappear from the game / provide less thrust.

I’m optimistic as I was when Son first came to us that he has all the tools to do well in this league and there will be a continual improvement the more he plays. The United game showed what he is capable of and he’s been unfortunate to get injured when he did - a goal would be good for his confidence though.

I dont think he is use to the pace of the league yet, he is always looking for an extra touch or take on on that bit too far.

He has come from a joke league, so that was always going to be the case

Back