• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I saw that on TV myself and then equated that to missing out on some of the young midfield talents in the last 12 months. This made me even more sceptical.

Last edited:
Im sure noone will approve but from what I've seen Yedlin is beginning to look like a Walker lite. He doesnt look as raw as he did under us, Im sure Rafa would have improved his defensive side.....

If we sell Eriksen, as currently looks possible, we'll pull in a lot of cash to re invest.

Thats aside from the rumoured amounts sitting in the bank now unspent.

And, really, its not necessarily about buying big.

As you mention Wan-Bissaka, IMHO he would be first choice right now if he was in our squad. Cracking player, one Poch could make top class.

Overhaul? Could be a case of 3 or 4 in, and 3 or 4 out - not sure "overhaul" is quite how I see it. More "refresh".

I guess it depends on how 'overhaul' could be defined.

Likely/possible outs (by order of likelihood imo):

- Eriksen
- Alderwiereld
- Llorente
- Janssen
- GKN
- Onomah
- Trippier/Aurier (one of?)
- Wanyama?

Right now as things stand before we do anything, if we want to maintain our position we probably need a CM defensive option as well as a creative/box-to-box type to replace some of the skills that Dembele brought to the team. So that's potentially 2 signings. Onomah probably going too.

Eriksen is likely gone. That's another signing needed to replace what he brings: vision, goal scoring, creativity and tempo setting.

Alderwiereld. Quite possible he'll go though not a foregone conclusion. I guess we have future-proofed ourselevs a bit more in this area as we have already signed young good CBs who are slowly being able to deputise for him as it is in Sanchez and Foyth. However, it could be argued we also need to future proof ourselves for when Vertoghen has to be replaced. Not sure we have fully done that yet, in that apart from maybe Davies we don't have a left-sided CB option yet ready to deputise. If we do indeed use Davies in that way, then we'll need another left-back to challenge Rose (assuming he doesn't go).
So that another signing. Number 4.

Llorente will likely go once his contract expires. Janssen will likely be finally offloaded. We all know we need more CF options to rotate/play with Kane anyway AND also give Son a rest. So that's another signing. Some would say we'd need another to replace Janssen as well, but i'm not going to be greedy, so i'll stick with just one. Number 5.

The wide-pacy forward/winger who we all hoped GKN to be; has he been replaced by Moura? Perhaps. So maybe not needing replacing, if so, then number 6. I'll be conservative for now and say no so stick with 5 at this point.

Right-back position: a day of reckoning has to come now as neither Trippier or Aurier have hit the great heights as a package that Walker at his very best hit - and which prompted Pep to go for him (we've seen how important he is to Pep's juggernaut now..). I think we can't keep both AND KWP. KWP might be sold but wont probably generate much money compared to the other two plus it could be said he has more space to grow anyway. Trippier being english and the oldest still has the world cup kudos that might make someone bite, plus his lack of pace went get any better. So likely he's the one that gets sold imo. Or perhaps BOTH get sold. If so, imagine if we could get someone like Wan Bissaka in?? That's put the wow factor back in the position Poch is mst famous for developing. Number 6.

I think that is a fair big set of changes and some of which SHOULD have been done last summer. That way it would have been more gradual. This way (6 out, 6 in) has the risk of:

a) being more expensive (e.g. the CM position will be known by the sellers who will likely build it into their selling prices, assuming we will go for the best available player and NOT the cheap and cheerful options that we've done in the past)

b) having a big effect on us negatively as we take time to integrate the new players; will they have the time/patience needed seeing where we are as a club now? It was even difficult for the 'fab 7' in AVB's time let alone now.

A big summer ahead either way. Fingers crossed we navigate it well and grab the bull by the horns (and not put it off again).

It was reported there was as much as £100m to spend, but Poch and Levy couldnt find the players they were happy to get.

By a decent journalist who seems to have the inside line with us, but of course take it with a pinch of salt.

See this is my worry; for years Arsenal were reporting 'war chests' as well and how many times did they do minimal transfer action due to "not being able to find the right targets" or "there was no value available in the market" etc etc :eek:

See this is my worry; for years Arsenal were reporting 'war chests' as well and how many times did they do minimal transfer action due to "not being able to find the right targets" or "there was no value available in the market" etc etc :eek:
Not sure they waited long enough to spend it...

On a serious side with football inflation being what it is saving up money doesn't make a lot of sense. Waiting until the right signing is available makes all the sense in the world.

If reports are true that Pochettino turned down signings I'm absolutely happy with that.

Right now as things stand before we do anything, if we want to maintain our position we probably need a CM defensive option as well as a creative/box-to-box type to replace some of the skills that Dembele bought to the team. So that's potentially 2 signings. Onomah probably going too.

We have Dier, Sissoko and Wanyama as DM options. If two go we'll need one in, otherwise no DM at all.

I really think we need a better b2b option to replace Dembele, so would look to reinforce there. UNLESS - Alli is earmarked for the role. Something I actually think he would be excellent at. Because....

Eriksen is likely gone. That's another signing needed to replace what he brings: vision, goal scoring, creativity and tempo setting.

...there is no replacing Eriksen. So I think we may well change up our system a bit to accommodate.
I would expect some quality in, but not necessarily in the same position/style.

Alderwiereld. Quite possible he'll go though not a foregone conclusion. I guess we have future-proofed ourselevs a bit more in this area as we have already signed young good CBs who are slowly being able to deputise for him as it is in Sanchez and Foyth. However, it could be argued we also need to future proof ourselves for when Vertoghen has to be replaced. Not sure we have fully done that yet, in that apart from maybe Davies we don't have a left-sided CB option yet ready to deputise. If we do indeed use Davies in that way, then we'll need another left-back to challenge Rose (assuming he doesn't go).

Id expect a young up and coming LB and Davies used more in CD as you say.

Llorente will likely go once his contract expires. Janssen will likely be finally offloaded. We all know we need more CF options to rotate/play with Kane anyway AND also give Son a rest. So that's another signing. Some would say we'd need another to replace Janssen as well, but i'm not going to be greedy, so i'll stick with just one. Number 5.

We need another AM, not striker. Son has proven beyond all doubt he is the best deputy to Kane. Llorente and Jansen can leave without being directly replaced, providing we have cover in the AM areas to allow Son to move forward.

The wide-pacy forward/winger who we all hoped GKN to be; has he been replaced by Moura? Perhaps. So maybe not needing replacing, if so, then number 6. I'll be conservative for now and say no so stick with 5 at this point.

GKN can leave and we wouldnt even notice. Non issue.

Right-back position: a day of reckoning has to come now as neither Trippier or Aurier have hit the great heights as a package that Walker at his very best hit - and which prompted Pep to go for him (we've seen how important he is to Pep's juggernaut now..). I think we can't keep both AND KWP. KWP might be sold but wont probably generate much money compared to the other two plus it could be said he has more space to grow anyway. Trippier being english and the oldest still has the world cup kudos that might make someone bite, plus his lack of pace went get any better. So likely he's the one that gets sold imo. Or perhaps BOTH get sold. If so, imagine if we could get someone like Wan Bissaka in?? That's put the wow factor back in the position Poch is mst famous for developing. Number 6.

I actually dont think Walker is/was all that. And that of Peps team he is the easiest to upgrade for them.

That said, you are right, neither Trippier or Aurier are really doing the business for us. We could well stick with what we have and hope they step up. We could well let both go and replace with one while having KWP contest the position. Id absolutely love Wan-Bissaka in! He and KWP fighting for the spot would suit me fine.

I think that is a fair big set of changes and some of which SHOULD have been done last summer. That way it would have been more gradual. This way (6 out, 6 in) has the risk of:

a) being more expensive (e.g. the CM position will be known by the sellers who will likely build it into their selling prices, assuming we will go for the best available player and NOT the cheap and cheerful options that we've done in the past)

b) having a big effect on us negatively as we take time to integrate the new players; will they have the time/patience needed seeing where we are as a club now? It was even difficult for the 'fab 7' in AVB's time let alone now.

A big summer ahead either way. Fingers crossed we navigate it well and grab the bull by the horns (and not put it off again).

- Eriksen
- Alderwiereld
- Llorente
- Janssen
- GKN
- Onomah
- Wanyama

Lets say ALL of them leave. Eriksen and Alderweireld are the genuine losses. Llorente, Janssen, GKN, Onomah... would the squad even notice? Arguably Wanyama too as he has been out so long.

Trippier and Aurier would be a significant change, but IMO its a position thats one of the easiest to make changes in.

Ill add Vorm as well, out of contract if memory serves and another we wouldnt notice missing.

We bring in a CM, AM, RB and LB, I think we are ok. With plenty of room left to speculate on a couple of prospects, or promote from the academy. I think it would be really refreshing to the squad.

You are right, I guess it comes down to how you define over haul, but to my mind this seems much less severe than that word indicates. The core of the team is as it was, its the surrounding squad thats getting tweaked.

The Sun:
  • Emirates Marketing Project are set to rival Manchester United for the signature of Tanguy Ndombele after Pep Guardiola made the Lyon midfielder his No 1 target.
  • Liverpool stars Sadio Mane and Naby Keita are urging RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner to join them at Anfield.

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly keen to bring in AC Milan's Franck Kessie.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Tottenham Hotspur have contacted Franck Kessie's agent about a potential summer move.

Spurs saw Mousa Dembele leave the club for a move to China last month, heading on to Guangzhou R&F despite Tottenham having no replacement lined up.

Tottenham must look for midfield help in the summer, preferably a player who can replicate Dembele's skill and poise on the ball as well as his ability to drive through midfield.

Now, Tuttomercatoweb report that Tottenham want AC Milan ace Franck Kessie, and have already contacted his agent in an attempt to discuss a potential summer move.

It's stated that Paris Saint-Germain are also keen on the Ivorian, so if Spurs want to do a deal, they may have to move quickly come the end of the season.

The report adds that Milan will activate their €20milion (£17.5million) purchase clause in Kessie's two-year loan from Atalanta, but then want €40million (£35million) in order to sell him.

Whether Spurs are prepared to spend that kind of money remains to be seen, but Kessie would certainly fit the bill as a replacement for Dembele.

The 22-year-old has skill, pace, strength and work rate, offering the ideal box-to-box attributes, and after hitting three goals and two assists this season, Spurs should seriously consider splashing out on Kessie this summer.

Sounds
good, right profile etc, but cant honestly say Ive seen him play.

Well if you want to be picky, "Most" players have them these days.

Agent, Finances guy, Someone looking after image rights etc.

Ill bet pretty well all our players have a team around them doing various bits.

I guess it depends on how 'overhaul' could be defined.

Likely/possible outs (by order of likelihood imo):

- Eriksen
- Alderwiereld
- Llorente
- Janssen
- GKN
- Onomah
- Wanyama?

Right now as things stand before we do anything, if we want to maintain our position we probably need a CM defensive option as well as a creative/box-to-box type to replace some of the skills that Dembele bought to the team. So that's potentially 2 signings. Onomah probably going too.

Well if you really believe that we need/will bring in 6 new faces in the summer then all i can say is that you will be able/ happy to moan about our lack of signings again.

Back