• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Some German Team

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For all of those that were complaining about us exiting the cups, how important is it now that we have 10 days to recover before our next game and are able to focus on the league and CL: the two competitions that really matter.

With a well-rested squad and the injuries clearing up we just might still have a chance at silverware this season. Silverware that's actually important and could end up allowing us to retain our most important players, Poch himself, and make us an even more attractive proposition for players we want to bring in.

Just re-watched the second half (something I thoroughly recommend), and wow. Just wow. Magnificent. Even Sissoko (talking to you, @scaramanga - watch at 62.20-ish how ‘lucky’ he gets). What a half of football. And Verts was LITERALLY on fire. Literally covered in flames. What he was doing as a centre forward for his goal, whom knows. And it was his interception that lead to the corner that lead to Lamp-post getting the third.

What a foo-kin joy to behold. I LOVE this club (as a grey old cnut) and have done since 1973. And what we are seeing this season - and all the Poch seasons - is truly special. In an era of blood-money doped clubs we are doing it OUR way, with OUR players from OUR academy, with a coach who can read auras and a spirit I have only seen with mine eyes I’m the 80’s. A club and a team with an identity and a togethness. Who’d have thought that (even with their absences) a team with Foyth, Verts at wing back and no Dele or Kane or Dembele or Dier we’d thoroughly throttle Dortmund?

I LOVE THIS CLUB AND THE LESS MISERABLE OF YOU LOT ON HERE.

This is an erection inducing and historic win. This is the first time we have won a knockout match at home in the CL. It is great to get a comfortable win to bring to the second leg at Dortmund. But we cannot get carried away as Dortmund will be fired up to get revenge in the second leg. I think we still need to score at least 1 goal in the second leg to progress to the Quarter finals. We played poorly in the first half and were fortunate not to concede any goals. But we improved in the second half and put up one of our best performance of the season to beat Dortmund 3-0. Hope we can play the way we did in the second half for the rest of the season.

Well done to Son, Vertonghen and Llorente for the goals and Vertonghen, Aurier and Eriksen for the assists. We didn't look like scoring in the first half but did well to score 3 crucial goals in the second half. It was an inch perfect cross by Vertonghen to Son for our first goal. Son took the goal well with a first time volley. Similiarly, it was a great cross by Aurier to Vertonghen for our second goal. Vertonghen took it well with a first time volley as well. Good to see Eriksen taking a good corner which allowed Llorente to score our third goal. Still disapppointed to see Eriksen wasting another freekick. Moura started well and maybe should have scored early in the first half but went missing after that. I think Lamela should have started this match but he didn't have much time to make an impact after coming on late in the match.

Our midfield had a mixed match. We played poorly in the first half but totally dominated the match in the second half. Sissoko and Winks did their part to help us for this win. Special mention about Winks as he was our only English player who played in this match. Wonder how the football purists would have reacted if we had started without any English players while Dortmund played with 1 English player in Sancho.

Our defence did well to keep this clean sheet. But we rode our luck in the first half when Dortmund had many chances to score. Lloris single handedly kept us in the game by making many important saves in the first half. Vertonghen may have scored 1 and assisted 1 goal but I think our real man of the match should be Lloris for keeping us in the game. Foyth and Sanchez looked shaky in the first half but had a good match in the second half.

Despite this 3-0 win, we cannot get complacent in the second leg. Dortmund will be desperate to save their pride in front of their own fans. Hope we will have Kane and Alli back by then. One negative thing from this win is that all the teams in the CL will treat us with more respect from now on. Let's hope we will do enough in the second leg to progress to the CL Quarter finals.

That’s a good stat, first time we’ve won at home in KOs. You’re right, as silly as it sounds we aren’t safe yet. If they go 1-0 up at home, especially in first half it is game on so I trust Poch to have everybody mentally switched on....

That’s a good stat, first time we’ve won at home in KOs. You’re right, as silly as it sounds we aren’t safe yet. If they go 1-0 up at home, especially in first half it is game on so I trust Poch to have everybody mentally switched on....
Not silly at all. We definitely need to be on our game for the return leg to minimize the chances of a dreadful turnaround.

Huge win! Felt something special would happen before hand. The players have been phenomenal these last few weeks running on fumes. Brilliant set of results now hopefully we can approach the crucial period of the season with a rested Kane and alli. Can’t underestimate how important that may prove to be

For all of those that were complaining about us exiting the cups, how important is it now that we have 10 days to recover before our next game and are able to focus on the league and CL: the two competitions that really matter.

With a well-rested squad and the injuries clearing up we just might still have a chance at silverware this season. Silverware that's actually important and could end up allowing us to retain our most important players, Poch himself, and make us an even more attractive proposition for players we want to bring in.

This this this

Morning!

Tottenham Hotspur....you make my f.ucking day!

Bouncing.
Made mine as well last night..but talking to some guy in the pub who claimed he was neutral ..made the point that top clubs win trophies!
This morning we still need a reality check..sure definitely were nearly there ..let's hope that's not a million miles away because we ain't won anything till we've won it......
Great win last night though credit to the lads.

I think we still need to score at least 1 goal in the second leg to progress to the Quarter finals.

The away leg should now fall straight into our hands, Dortmund will need to attack and we'll be deadly on the counter as usual, I can see us scoring at least one.

Made mine as well last night..but talking to some guy in the pub who claimed he was neutral ..made the point that top clubs win trophies!
This morning we still need a reality check..sure definitely were nearly there ..let's hope that's not a million miles away because we ain't won anything till we've won it......

Comments like that from '"neutrals" totally miss the point of nights like last night (if I correctly interpret the context of the comment as being "yeah, you won, but...").
Sure, we all want to win a trophy. But winning a trophy is not intrinsically linked to being able to enjoy a game, laud a performance and come away feeling euphoric like we all did last night. Not winning the CL will not take away that feeling. If we never won another trophy ( :( ) but the team continues to give us nights like that, I'd still be happy (albeit grudging that we/they weren't getting what they deserved).

I don't think there's any need for reality checks this morning. No one thinks we've won the thing and whilst we have a very comfortable cushion going into the 2nd leg, our natural fear of messing things up stops us from getting too carried away.
For now, let's just revel in the win and the manner of the win and let these so-called neutrals wallow in their definition of what a "top club" should be doing.

Don't open that can of worms again:D Just enjoy the win and the ride etc etc.....

Back