• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

What with how we invariably seem to perform better in the 2nd half of matches, perhaps Pochettino should incorporate these tactical video sessions into the pre-match routine!

Interesting that because at about 30 mins you could see across the pitch to the tech area and poch was going nuts screaming at the players and waving his arms, something we very seldom see him do.

Love it when I can watch a match in Block 143/144, within earshot of our dugout :cool:

Very frustrating that dozens of those seats remain empty at every fixture, presumably they’re mostly reserved for friends and family or hospitality guests. Although some always seem to get put on sale a few a few hours before matches, gutted that I didn’t get to sit there for the Dortmund game as the late release wasn’t until 5pm on matchday o_O

Love it when I can watch a match in Block 143/144, within earshot of our dugout :cool:

Very frustrating that dozens of those seats remain empty at every fixture, presumably they’re mostly reserved for friends and family or hospitality guests. Although some always seem to get put on sale a few a few hours before matches, gutted that I didn’t get to sit there for the Dortmund game as the late release wasn’t until 5pm on matchday o_O
So next time you get one can we expect a detailed report like the above?!

"Pochettino has not won anything, but he has created a club that expects — and is expected — to do so in the future. He has fundamentally altered the fabric of the place that he found. He has made what was once unthinkable entirely feasible, and he has done it so often that his brilliance has become mundane. It is easy to be fooled into thinking this is normal. It is not, and the best measure of how extraordinary it is may well be how ordinary it seems."

From the article above. A fantastic summary.

"Pochettino has not won anything, but he has created a club that expects — and is expected — to do so in the future. He has fundamentally altered the fabric of the place that he found. He has made what was once unthinkable entirely feasible, and he has done it so often that his brilliance has become mundane. It is easy to be fooled into thinking this is normal. It is not, and the best measure of how extraordinary it is may well be how ordinary it seems."

From the article above. A fantastic summary.
Some people myself included at times, forget just how far we have come as a club under him. To not just break the top 4, but consistently break it to an extent that it now has to be branded the 'big 6' is something not done before - Everton once finished in the top 4 but never again (knocked out in CL qualifier:D). I might of had the odd criticism of Poch, but that is far outweighed by my appreciation of the job he has done and continues to do. The thing I love most about him is that I'm gradually believing (rightly or wrongly) that he loves the club as much as we do.....

Some people myself included at times, forget just how far we have come as a club under him. To not just break the top 4, but consistently break it to an extent that it now has to be branded the 'big 6' is something not done before - Everton once finished in the top 4 but never again (knocked out in CL qualifier:D). I might of had the odd criticism of Poch, but that is far outweighed by my appreciation of the job he has done and continues to do. The thing I love most about him is that I'm gradually believing (rightly or wrongly) that he loves the club as much as we do.....
It's good to look from outside the bubble sometimes, any rational football fan (ie sans the social media crowd) can surely join the dots and see its an exceptional effort by Poch (and the club).

Ive given up thinking (or noticing) Poch does anything wrong or quite frankly can't be bothered to criticise him. 1.Because he has so many brownie points in the bank and 2. What's the alternative, he's the best manger by far and if i could give him a 10 year contract i would.
Most of the stuff you could moan about is quite minor, so what's the point. Better of soaking up the good stuff.

So if we beat Burnley & Chelsea, that’s our equal biggest winning streak in Premier League history?

So when we beat Arsenal that will be the record for us of consecutive PL wins.

Back