• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Fantastic player. To be able to switch like that from centre back to full back and be class in either position. The control, read of the game, crossing, bit of pace with strength and a good attitude. Truly a special player.

This might be controversial but I think he's somehow still underrated by some.

I really think he has a few years of service and I hope we don’t go down the road of only offering him a year because of his age. I think it’s important to blend youth with experience and his game is based on positioning and technique on the ball rather than physicality. It also helps the coach to have some experienced allies to ensure his message reaches the players on and off the pitch.

I really think he has a few years of service and I hope we don’t go down the road of only offering him a year because of his age. I think it’s important to blend youth with experience and his game is based on positioning and technique on the ball rather than physicality. It also helps the coach to have some experienced allies to ensure his message reaches the players on and off the pitch.

Agreed. I think he has great value coaching off the pitch too!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He really is a top player and he looks at home on a pitch no matter where he plays.
He's like Dembele in the sense that, putting to one side any debate of what he has and hasn't contributed to the team and just focusing on the individual alone, he's a real pleasure to watch, so technically good and gifted, a real master of the game.

The kind of player (like the moose) who I'll always remember fondly.

2jxuz5.jpg

fudging brilliant tonight

What a player, what a leader, what a legend.

Mad to think he's been with us coming up 7 years now. If he plays another 50 games, which he undoubtedly will, he will overtake Ledley King's number of appearances!

Back