• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

With our sickbay full and our desperate need for midfield reinforcements, Sissoko is a large dollop of pragmatism.
He's not pretty but he's bloody effective.

Yep, agree with that, so how do feel about the current rumours of Inter Milan being interested in him and us being willing to sell based on the above?

Also, considering my statement on what type of team he would best suit, how do Inter play are they a more direct attacking/counterattacking team or do they play similar to us, i don't follow other teams so genuinely do not know.

And, if the rumours are to be believed, why do you think we are willing to sell him now?

Yep, agree with that, so how do feel about the current rumours of Inter Milan being interested in him and us being willing to sell based on the above?

Also, considering my statement on what type of team he would best suit, how do Inter play are they a more direct attacking/counterattacking team or do they play similar to us, i don't follow other teams so genuinely do not know.

And, if the rumours are to be believed, why do you think we are willing to sell him now?
If rumours are to believed, we would have signed half of the professional football population in this past year and sold all of our first team by now. Some flaky Italian website saying Inter wants Sissoko and we might be prepared to sell doesnt even come close to meaning Poch wants to sell him at all.....

If rumours are to believed, we would have signed half of the professional football population in this past year and sold all of our first team by now. Some flaky Italian website saying Inter wants Sissoko and we might be prepared to sell doesnt even come close to meaning Poch wants to sell him at all.....

wow and yet its ok to discuss every other rumour, damn you guys are intransigent when it come to him

Err, just a couple of points...

1. Where do I use him as a punching bag?
2. Where do I say I don’t appreciate what he brings to the team?

I’m assuming you have read my post as you have quoted it but your 2 points in your reply baffle me as I don’t understand how you could extrapolate that from what I posted.

I believe in debate and encourage it, but to debate it helps if both parties can respect each other views and not twist or intentionally misconstrued what is said.

And for the record I don’t believe that the earth is flat or that we should not do everything we can to protect our children.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to aim any digs at you. It's more of a generalized post meant to respond to a few posters who will simply use the "we'll just have to agree to disagree" adage of backing up their argument. Which is to say, that's not an argument, it's a cop-out (IMO). I will call out any false-equivalency arguments as they don't actually address the issue and I don't think they push forward any meaningful discourse on the topic.
My intent of bringing up the flat-earth/anti-vax point was to equate them to your stating that we should all respect each other's opinions. I'm not trying to suggest you're in those camps but was using it as an analogy.

Finally, if people are defending Sissoko more vehemently than other players, there's a very simple reason for that: people are offending Sissoko more vehemently than other players.

wow and yet its ok to discuss every other rumour, damn you guys are intransigent when it come to him
Genuine rumours sure, one article from that source you can barely qualify as a rumour:D Its been proven the vast majority of rumours are BS, I'd imagine that site has a near 100% success rate.....

Maybe it's better for the forum if Sissoko goes back to being mediocre or brick again, that way we can all be in agreement (and pick another player to brick on instead)

All of them averaged together or the recent ones where, and brace yourself for this, he's been good (or not as disastrous)?

All of them. He has a lot of ground to make up. Although he is getting there. I'd love to interview Sissoko - he is a bit of an enigma.

That was a pretty bloody good all round performance, in the last sixteen of the CL.
Think how good we'll be when we replace him with someone who can play football!

Back