• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

It happens to most fans over the years, i remember sitting in the stands saying Waddle ( when he first came here) was a flash in the pan. He went on to be our best ever flank player ( imo) :oops: since then i have tried to keep stum about our new players since then.

Mine was Lennon. Called him little boy lost on this forum after a disastrous first game. Had to eat a nice dollop of humble pie a few weeks later - and tasted really good.

I have no issue with people rushing to judgment. It's the persistent hardheadedness in not accepting you were wrong, and going through ridiculous gyrations to maintain your argument, that I have an issue with.... especially when cloaked in ridiculous presumption and airs of supposed superiority.

Quite sad to see some fans not able or willing to appreciate what Sissoko brings to the team, but I don't know, maybe he fudged their wives or something to that effect which wouldn't endear me to him either. It's all about perspective though; Joseph was totally cool with GHod fudging his wife.

And to the point about "why can't you just let people disagree or have a different opinion?"...
If you want to think 2+2 = 5, sure, you can continue to believe that... but you're wrong. We're just trying to bring some enlightenment to the disillusioned.

To be honest mate we could put most of our M/F players we have had over the years on the brick list if we had to compere them to Luka.

This.
Modric was incredible. I remember Wenger saying he thought Modric was too small to make it in the Prem, which was when I realized that many managers don’t look at the person/background, etc. Coming from the times he came through, I remember thinking Modric would be Ossie tough+...but the vision with that steel? And the footballing intelligence? Sublime. What a player.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

As i have said elsewhere he HAS to be in contention for our POS, I know we have injurys but even if everyone was fit i still believe Poch would have him in the side more often then not.

This is what I mean. I too think he is contention for our player of the season. I don't think he'll get it, as it should probably go to Son given what he is achieving despite everything he has had to battle through with South Korea, but he's up there. And almost after every match we play, he is a nominee for our MOM.

So with that in mind, why the ever loving fudge are we still talking about him like he's someone we're looking to move on. I repeat, we keep winning with him in the team. We have our best points total at this stage and he has played the majority of the games. And he is playing well. Surely the debate can move on from what he is adding. That should surely be closed. He is what he is. He is adding value because of who he is. If you still don't like it, it is your problem with the type of player he is, not that he is not adding the value.

To be honest mate we could put most of our M/F players we have had over the years on the brick list if we had to compere them to Luka.
It's not about comparative ability - most players in he world would fall short.

It's about style - Modric and Sissoko are at opposite ends of the scale.

This is what I mean. I too think he is contention for our player of the season. I don't think he'll get it, as it should probably go to Son given what he is achieving despite everything he has had to battle through with South Korea, but he's up there. And almost after every match we play, he is a nominee for our MOM.

So with that in mind, why the ever loving fudge are we still talking about him like he's someone we're looking to move on. I repeat, we keep winning with him in the team. We have our best points total at this stage and he has played the majority of the games. And he is playing well. Surely the debate can move on from what he is adding. That should surely be closed. He is what he is. He is adding value because of who he is. If you still don't like it, it is your problem with the type of player he is, not that he is not adding the value.

He’s a nominee because the cult keeps voting for him.

The debate will move on from where it is when the cult stops harassing and bashing anyone who dares critic him in any thread.

He’s not the messiah, he’s just a footballer that runs around a bit.

Reading this thread makes me want to ask: Does anyone else think that the net effect of Glory Glory on their mood is a negative one, and wonder why they keep coming back for more? It’s like an addiction!

The debate will move on from where it is when the cult stops harassing and bashing anyone who dares critic him in any thread.

That’s bullocks!
We all know what he is.
A player who has improved, nothing more nothing less.
Some haven’t got the stones to except even that.

Oops I’ve woken them up

No mate
Your ok - I’m sorry that was ott
Just hate irrational and repeated negativity towards some players!
My way of looking at this sort of thing is if you have said your bit and you have nothing new to say......
My apologies once again

Not sure why Scara liked your comment, you said he’s a footballer:D

Seriously though, we can debate to the cows come home how good he is and we won’t all agree. But what surely can’t be questioned is that with the confidence he’s gained, he’s added consistency to his game - I genuinely can’t think of the last poor game he has had. Considering he has been playing a hell of a lot of games and during a busy period that in itself is impressive enough....

Agreed, I was one of the original “haters” and I’m quite happy to admit that he surprises me every match how much he has improved over the course of this season.

I just don’t see the MOM, better than x,y,z player that some people do, in my eyes he is an athletic footballer just not a particularly skilful one.

If I can accept other people’s views then maybe they could accept mine and others who see him similar to me.

Agreed, I was one of the original “haters” and I’m quite happy to admit that he surprises me every match how much he has improved over the course of this season.

I just don’t see the MOM, better than x,y,z player that some people do, in my eyes he is an athletic footballer just not a particularly skilful one.

If I can accept other people’s views then maybe they could accept mine and others who see him similar to me.

Again, judging a player isn't really all that subjective. In terms of rating a player's match performance on a scale, there's obviously a little wiggle room so I could see disagreements about a player deserving a '7' vs. an '8' for example.
What I don't understand here is two-fold:

1) He's one of our players, why would you use him as a punching bag? Is he scoring own-goals on purpose or somehow sabotaging the team performance? (if anyone answers yes, they're a troll)
2) To not appreciate what he brings to the team in terms of his performances this season (and to a lesser extent previous seasons) makes me question whether some of you actually watch the matches.

With all that said, I want to clarify that I don't have any personal problem with anyone here over any disagreement. The whole point of a forum is to discuss and debate. However, I read your comment about accepting other people's views the way anti-vaxers or even flat-earthers might try to appeal to other skeptics. Obviously, that's not a 1:1 analogy since there is more granularity and interpretation involved here... just not on the scale of such divisive, categorical statements.
But hey, that's just my view too.

That’s bullocks!
We all know what he is.
A player who has improved, nothing more nothing less.
Some haven’t got the stones to except even that.
I don't think anyone has claimed he hasn't improved - at least I haven't seen that in this thread. For me, the level of improvement is astonishing.

Problem is, he's come from such a low level that even such a huge improvement leaves him significantly behind the rest of the team in terms of talent. He's still at the very top of the list of players that need replacing and are easiest to replace in the summer, he's still at the bottom of our list of midfielders if everyone's fit (barring Skipp maybe on experience terms).

Last edited:
Back