• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Much prefer us to sign Tielemans and he'd probably be a lot cheaper as well

The only reason I can see with us being linked to Maddison is because he is British and boosts our home grown thing, but looking at the team sheet for Chelsea today I dont think it matters as they only have one British player or player who went through the academy system in this country in Barkley.

So it seems to me if you are using the British players to make up the numbers of academy trained players in a squad, you might as well use your own academy players or sign players just for squad places in which case they would be a great deal cheaper then Maddison.

Brilliant result, was a hard listen on the radio -- we sounded crap and very lucky! Left work when it was 2-1, got a txt when I was driving home and checked my phone at the lights, feared the worst...3-1! That will phucking do!

The only reason I can see with us being linked to Maddison is because he is British and boosts our home grown thing, but looking at the team sheet for Chelsea today I dont think it matters as they only have one British player or player who went through the academy system in this country in Barkley.

So it seems to me if you are using the British players to make up the numbers of academy trained players in a squad, you might as well use your own academy players or sign players just for squad places in which case they would be a great deal cheaper then Maddison.

Yep, can never work it all out. Chelsea played Arsenal the other week and IIRC there wasnt an English player on the pitch at kick-off. We have usually 3, 4 or 5 Engalnd internatonals on the pitch a lot of the time, plus numeorus academy lads in the 18, but always seem to be the ones struggling with the rules :mad:

Brilliant result, was a hard listen on the radio -- we sounded crap and very lucky! Left work when it was 2-1, got a txt when I was driving home and checked my phone at the lights, feared the worst...3-1! That will phucking do!

We were dreadful at times!
But :)

I phucking wish haha. Sod's law when it's my weekend on, we are the early game on the Sunday so I miss it, but was probably better for my blood pressure today that I did.

I screamed so loud! I had to apologise to my better half
Blood pressure through the roof!

Thoughts from today...

Another crap performance but impressive win considering injuries once again. Leicester would have wiped the floor with us on another day If they had taken their chances. We really didn’t create much at all. The first goal was a set piece and the last goal was a counter attack. We’ll need to play a hell of a lot better on Wednesday night.

Awful performance from Michael Oliver. Not quite up there with Chris Foy against Stoke but a seriously inept showing from him all the same.

Winks was fantastic and Skipp is still young but today was another example of why we need to upgrade in the CM position. We look shaky at the back in almost every game and the lack of solidity in front of the back four is a major factor IMO.

I fudging love Son! By far our player of the season.

Yep, can never work it all out. Chelsea played Arsenal the other week and IIRC there wasnt an English player on the pitch at kick-off. We have usually 3, 4 or 5 Engalnd internatonals on the pitch a lot of the time, plus numeorus academy lads in the 18, but always seem to be the ones struggling with the rules :mad:

I mean I never know with Arsenal because they fill their youth teams with foreign signings, but I was looking at Chelsea and I am not joking or trying to do cheap shots but I could not understand it.

Eriksen’s inclusion in your list is particularly straw-clutchy.
Eriksen was poor by his very high standards, but still clearly one of the better footballers on the pitch.

Because of Son's tendency to drop quite deep and make late runs and Llorente, he didn't really have a lot in front of him to work with.

Back