• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

"Eriksen is above our level" according to a transfer pundit. Talk like that really tinkles me off. clams who can't stand to see us challenge the heirarchy nor acknowledge that we as a club are further up the chain than we are.

"Eriksen is above our level" according to a transfer pundit. Talk like that really tinkles me off. clams who can't stand to see us challenge the heirarchy nor acknowledge that we as a club are further up the chain than we are.

Ignor the idiots!
Go get beer from the fridge!
They talk out of thier arses!

It’s a failure of logic, our level is where our players get us.

It all depends on the definition of level too - level as in how the league table looks today? Or perceived level, based on previous merit?

Because Eriksen is clearly above Spurs 2000s standard, but I'd say he's just where he belongs now, in a team competing for the PL title and in the last 16 in the CL.

Transfer pundit?! :D:D:D:D:D
Seasonal work in-between being a "blogger".
Yes, yes, I will have fries with that... thanks

It all depends on the definition of level too - level as in how the league table looks today? Or perceived level, based on previous merit?

Because Eriksen is clearly above Spurs 2000s standard, but I'd say he's just where he belongs now, in a team competing for the PL title and in the last 16 in the CL.
Agreed.
And I think there is a question mark about he is good enough to be in the next bracket at all.

Agreed.
And I think there is a question mark about he is good enough to be in the next bracket at all.

What is teh next bracket?
It’s City, Barca and Madrid.

It’s not PSG who get mentioned a lot as despite their money they really haven’t impacted the European stage

Maybe Bayern but their declining this season and would take eriksen in a heart beat

Juve... possibly

What is teh next bracket?
It’s City, Barca and Madrid.

It’s not PSG who get mentioned a lot as despite their money they really haven’t impacted the European stage

Maybe Bayern but their declining this season and would take eriksen in a heart beat

Juve... possibly
It's just the three you mentioned at the start and I don't think he would quite cut it.
Possibly at City.
Madrid - not a galactico, they would get on his back
Barca - would be a rotation player. Doesn't command games consistently enough.

It's just the three you mentioned at the start and I don't think he would quite cut it.
Possibly at City.
Madrid - not a galactico, they would get on his back
Barca - would be a rotation player. Doesn't command games consistently enough.

I agree although he is better than Coutinho and he struggles for enough starts

He'd start for Barca. Modric was Xavi's successor and they missed out on him. They wouldn't waste another hyper intelligent playmaker if they got their hands on him.

Said it before, will say it again - his impending depature will hurt us more than we can possibly imagine. He is crucial to everything we do, and there is not a single playmaker in world football who is more of a perfect fit for the way we play than he is.
I agree that he's irreplaceable in that we can't replace him like for like and expect a player of even similar quality to come in.

Would be a massive blow if he leaves. Can only cross our fingers and hope he can be convinced to stay on. But I also think Pochettino is as likely to cope well with the loss of a player like that as anyone around.

Said it before, will say it again - his impending depature will hurt us more than we can possibly imagine. He is crucial to everything we do, and there is not a single playmaker in world football who is more of a perfect fit for the way we play than he is.

Think positive.
I have always heard it was Barca or a new deal this summer for us. I think if we want him we will keep him. And why wouldn’t we want him? I think he will stay as Barca won’t bite...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Could not agree more mate, it amazes me to hear some fans ( there was a couple sat a few rows in front of us yesterday) saying he is weak, scared and the funnyist insult of them all " he does not work hard enough".

I know Stop! Hammer time but where do they get these ideas from. o_O

We will/may have to find a way forward without him!
It might be as simple as he want a change of scenery.
All the whinging and whining which I quite understand will not make him change his mind.
Personally I don’t think it can be purely money.

The club will be all over this!

Incredible that a player of his technical ability still covers the most yardage every game for us and frequently leads the EPL too, ahead of the likes of Kante!

View attachment 5970

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/10-premier-league-players-most-13208336

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...t-distance-in-the-premier-league-this-season/
Spot on. End product way up there with a magnificent work rate, true playmaking ability and flexibility to play several different roles and positions. That's a rare combination.

Back