• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A really impressive performance, with Skipp, Winks, no Kane, Alli, Dier. We shouldn't have made such hard work of it this half.

@milo Winks, Sissoko, Rose, and Sanchez. So good to see him back looking on it. Son has run and run, and got a goal, not sure how fresh he'll be midweek.

We've rode our luck these last few games, but against average sides we have enough. Against CL teams we need to find more. Some clear things we can improve upon. Main ones:

1. We need to get more clinical up front and put sides away.
2. We need to be able to keep ball, and see out games by staying in possession and controlling things.

But a great win!! Would have taken a draw.

Just goes to show that the quality of player and the experience they've gained can see you thru these iffy games.

Leicester had the positions, the chances BUT not the players to see them thru.

I thought Sissoko and Winks were our best players, Sissoko does leave midfield more open than some but his passing is just so much better than in the past. Winks is a very good dribbler and did good defensive work. Winks and Sissoko don't knit together that well but they are getting us results. Rather see Sissoko's name on the team sheet than Dier's these days.

Eriksen and Son didn't play that well but had decisive moments. Clutch players to borrow a tennis phrase. If Leicester had those players they would have won today. Trippier was good going forwards but so much space behind him as usual. Sanchez is looking better on the ball in recent matches. Llorente's hold up play was okay, seems to be improving but we don't play long to him much.

Ref was abysmal. I think we might have got one borderline decision but certainly no more than that.

Oh my days, I’m more relieved than a man who has just taken pain relief, who has just relieved himself, after participating for comic relief...

# relieved and poured myself a whiskey.

Good result that against a difficult opponent.

Son, Eriksen, Winks and Sissoko all had good games, but one major weakness again was Trippier, it seemed everything good Leicester did came down his side as he lost his man for the umpteenth time, he is just not good enough in a back four as his lack of positioning and awareness get him caught out far too often.

3 points and we keep up with the leaders.

Lloris saved a pen!

Back