• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Oh GHod now you've done it!! I admire optimism and confidence, but phrases like "There's no way we will fail" and "nailed on" just strike fear deep into my oh so S-pursy heart!!!

Keep your powder dry my friend and wait for the infallible maths to prove your point.

Never! I like to tell the fans of these other sh1t clubs what we are going to do, and then tell them "I told you so" when we do it!

Ok, it doesn't always work out...

We are on 57 points with 13 to play. The highest number of points gained by a 5th placed team in PL history was 75 (Woolwich in 2016-17). In 8 of the last 9 seasons 78pts has been enough for 3rd.

That means 21 points (7 wins) should see us into 3rd from those final 13 games - we need 1.615 pts per game having to date gained on average 2.28 from our first 25. With no domestic cup distractions and hopefully Harry and dele due back soon after a break we should be fine!

We are on 57 points with 13 to play. The highest number of points gained by a 5th placed team in PL history was 75 (Woolwich in 2016-17). In 8 of the last 9 seasons 78pts has been enough for 3rd.

That means 21 points (7 wins) should see us into 3rd from those final 13 games - we need 1.615 pts per game having to date gained on average 2.28 from our first 25. With no domestic cup distractions and hopefully Harry and dele due back soon after a break we should be fine!

This post makes me feel better. We go into the big games against City, pool and Chavs (plus Scum) knowing that if we play to our best potential we can still have a say in where the title goes.

Get to 80 first, because that guarantees CL qualification, apparently our prime concern. Worry about anything else afterward. 23 points (Seven wins, two draws) from our next ten games? Seems perfectly possible.

Actually, it's not possible - either 21 points or 24 points, because we don't do draws. :p

Get to 80 first, because that guarantees CL qualification, apparently our prime concern. Worry about anything else afterward. 23 points (Seven wins, two draws) from our next ten games? Seems perfectly possible.

Actually, it's not possible - either 21 points or 24 points, because we don't do draws. :p

Ranieri was masterful managing Lecisters expectations. Took away the pressure and kept them fighting. Focus on smaller, closer targets, never get above yourself. We have to fight for CL qualification. From there who knows what other teams will do.

One sentence of caution. We havn't been playing all that well. The next 4 games including the CL are tough games. We'll need to improve and up our game (with Kane and Alli back and Eriksen refreshed from a few days off, we can do anything, everything is possible).

Erm no, Leicester had the entire league and media on their side. Everything went against us, while everything else went totally for them.

Really the entire league fudged up by doing everything in their power to let Leicester fluke a title.

When you see that written down it looks like paranoia, but you're right every game they played was like a testimonial for them, refs couldn't wait to give them penalties and became totally blind to Huth and Morgan wrestling players.

Erm no, Leicester had the entire league and media on their side. Everything went against us, while everything else went totally for them.

Really the entire league fudged up by doing everything in their power to let Leicester fluke a title.

I still haven't gotten over just how lucky they were that season. So many matches where they were saved by the post or bad refereeing decisions, horrible finishes by the opponents, or scoring on their only chance in the game (like against us at WHL - I think we battered them something like 17-3 shots that game, and they had 1 on target). People say I should let it go and concede that they were better than us that season, but they simply weren't. They were lucky as fudge to win it.

Back