• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2018/19

Everton v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

The situation at United obviously has a knock-on effect for Tottenham, with their manager Mauricio Pochettino supposedly among the front runners to get the post permanently in the summer.

If he is offered the job it will be a big temptation for him and it will be a decision that will keep him up at night. That could affect Spurs' season too of course.

Right now, this trip to Merseyside is the only thing Pochettino will be focused on as they look to continue their run of good results since they lost to Arsenal at the start of December.

Tottenham's recent record at Goodison Park is decent - they have not lost in any of their past five visits - but Everton's home form this season is good and I cannot see them being beaten.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
didn't age well - like a lot of tweets putting us down, hoping to see us in the euro league etc

Love it ! :D

Tottenham v Bournemouth

The great thing for Tottenham after they beat Everton 6-2 was that nobody asked Mauricio Pochettino afterwards about going to United - the questions were all about whether Spurs can win the league.

We already knew Tottenham are a very good team with a very clever manager but it was such a good display, and the result was one of those that makes you sit up and say 'wow'.

Bournemouth got a good win against Brighton on Saturday but this is a different sort of test for them, and, if Spurs play at the level they can, they will win.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Cardiff v Tottenham (17:30 GMT)

I was listening to Tottenham v Wolves on 5 live, but switched the commentary off at half-time thinking the home side would win. They didn't, obviously, but we should focus on the fact Spurs came into the match having won five on the spin.

Are the London club paying for not spending in the summer? I don't think so. Until Saturday they were second in the league. Of course, from Tuesday they have the chance of bringing in someone if they wish.

Mauricio Pochettino's side don't have too many negative "wow" results - they usually comfortably beat teams outside the top six, so they should win in Wales.

What Cardiff have shown this season is they can hang on in there. If they lose a couple of games it doesn't change their philosophy - they just keep going.

Manager Neil Warnock has been open and vocal about looking to bring players in, and I think they've given themselves a chance of staying up.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Tottenham are one of those that I think will progress. Friday night will be a great occasion at Tranmere, who are back in the Football League now after some tough times, and are doing well in League Two.

The money Rovers will get for having this tie live on BT will be very much appreciated too and Rovers have definitely earned it after needing replays to get past Oxford City and Southport in rounds one and two.

Tottenham had a bit of a scare in last year's fourth round when they needed a replay to get past another League Two side, Newport County.

This tie will also be far from easy, because Tranmere have only lost once at home this season, and they have got some goals in them from James Norwood and Connor Jennings, but I still think Spurs will edge it.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Tottenham are one of those that I think will progress. Friday night will be a great occasion at Tranmere, who are back in the Football League now after some tough times, and are doing well in League Two.

The money Rovers will get for having this tie live on BT will be very much appreciated too and Rovers have definitely earned it after needing replays to get past Oxford City and Southport in rounds one and two.

Tottenham had a bit of a scare in last year's fourth round when they needed a replay to get past another League Two side, Newport County.

This tie will also be far from easy, because Tranmere have only lost once at home this season, and they have got some goals in them from James Norwood and Connor Jennings, but I still think Spurs will edge it.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

El Twunto has obviously put on weight over Christmas and fat fingered his way to hitting the 1 key.

Tottenham v Man Utd (16:30 GMT)

This is a big test for United caretaker Solskjaer and it will be interesting to see whether he will be as attack-minded at Wembley as in his first five games.

It is quite possible United will not have the same amount of possession they have enjoyed in those matches - if not, they will need a different approach.

Tottenham's methods, meanwhile, are tried and tested.

There was more news about Tottenham's stadium this week but if it is not going to be ready until March, they are better off staying at Wembley until the end of the season.

Moving grounds mid-season is something no Premier League team has done before, let alone one that might be challenging for the title at that late stage of the campaign and also trying to progress in the Champions League.

If Spurs can wait until the summer to move, then they should do.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Fulham v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Things could not have gone much worse for Tottenham last time out, with Harry Kane and Moussa Sissoko both injured in their defeat by Manchester United.

But even without those two, and Son, I still think Spurs will have far too much for Fulham, who have only signed one player - former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel - this month.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Crystal Palace v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Premier League (14th) v Premier League (3rd)

This is a very big game for Tottenham's season after Chelsea knocked them out of the Carabao Cup on Thursday.

As daft as it sounds, though, with the way things are going with their injury list, going out of the FA Cup might be a blessing in disguise for Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino because he is running out of players, particularly in attack.

This will be a tough ask for whatever team Pochettino puts out - I was at Anfield last week, and Crystal Palace were very good against Liverpool, so they are definitely capable of winning on Sunday.

It is just down to whether Palace boss Roy Hodgson takes the FA Cup seriously, and I think he probably will give it a go.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

I’d still like us to win it, if we can do so with a mix of youngsters and senior players who need matches.
But if we lose it’s far from the end of the world.

Back