• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

For all the latest ITK Tottenham transfer news, just ‘@‘ @greatwhitenorf

You know it makes sense.

Clangk! Dead end there, Jonny. Other than a single Facebook account needed strictly for business purposes, I don't run a single social media account.

When you have the internet exposure my work brings, you want to run away from it asap.

To small, dark burrows like GG.

But for all my naysaying on transfer matters, I like the possibility that we might get Barcelona's bench barnacle, Malcom, over on loan. Makes abundant sense.

I think we have very limited opportunities to resolve the absence of Kane and Son. Kane is an unique player and I dont believe there is an other type of player like him so he's irreplaceable, we can try signing someone to replace his goals but it will be very expensive or a loan which will also be difficult. In house we have Llorente, Jannsen or raw untried talent like Sterling or Parrott, to try filling the gap. I hope we bring someone in as none of our current players have yet shown they can provide the answer to this problem. If we don't find a quick effective solution our season could be over by March. I dont like to think this way but the situation looks grim.

We have dealt with kane being out every season since he became WC. This season has dropped deeper at times and we have seen the benefit of his passing and creativity

It makes sense for us to invest in another 9 who is mobile but can lead the line. I still think that kane and Jansenn could have linked up but Poch knows best

I’d the press rumours are to be believe we have £50m to spend on a striker now and that’s enough to get us one of Werner or Piatek who really fit the ball from what I’ve seen

I think we have very limited opportunities to resolve the absence of Kane and Son. Kane is an unique player and I dont believe there is an other type of player like him so he's irreplaceable, we can try signing someone to replace his goals but it will be very expensive or a loan which will also be difficult. In house we have Llorente, Jannsen or raw untried talent like Sterling or Parrott, to try filling the gap. I hope we bring someone in as none of our current players have yet shown they can provide the answer to this problem. If we don't find a quick effective solution our season could be over by March. I dont like to think this way but the situation looks grim.
Son will be back at the start of Feb, he’ll miss Fulham and Watford in the league (maybe Saudi Sportswashing Machine on 2 Feb as well?) and Chelsea and Palace in the cups. We have an excellent record in the last couple of seasons when he’s deputised whilst Kane’s injured. So effectively we’re talking about buying someone to cover for 4 games. I personally think Llorente and Moura are about as good as we could possibly hope get to cover those games. It’s not like we’re going to be able to pick up the next Mbappe in the next couple of weeks.

CM is way more pressing a concern and we need to get someone in in Jan to fill the gap Dembele and Wanyama are leaving.

We have dealt with kane being out every season since he became WC. This season has dropped deeper at times and we have seen the benefit of his passing and creativity

It makes sense for us to invest in another 9 who is mobile but can lead the line. I still think that kane and Jansenn could have linked up but Poch knows best

I’d the press rumours are to be believe we have £50m to spend on a striker now and that’s enough to get us one of Werner or Piatek who really fit the ball from what I’ve seen

If we have 50m knocking around id rather we bolstered CM if it's one or the other

If we have 50m knocking around id rather we bolstered CM if it's one or the other

I know I’m unique in saying this but our CMs are IMO better than most spurs fans think

Whereas our alternative striker options really are limited

And I know some people claim we have conceded more because of the midfield but actually when you look at it we have made more individual mistakes defensively this season which have really cost us

I also see Skipp taking a squad place in CM now however by there is no one coming through immediately as a striker

Likewise not taking the chances vs united and wolves have cost us

It’s horse for courses in reality and Poch will do what we he needs

Clangk! Dead end there, Jonny. Other than a single Facebook account needed strictly for business purposes, I don't run a single social media account.

When you have the internet exposure my work brings, you want to run away from it asap.

To small, dark burrows like GG.

If your the cnut that sold me xanax last week. It was not xanax, xanax does not make you go and sit in the shed at midnight because that is the only place your safe from the nasties.

Je sais tout les mots mauvais.

Et suffi Francais a trouves des problemes, mais pas de suffi pour echapper la meme.

Ouai, je reconnais votre situation. Moi, j'apprends le Francais. Pour le moment, c'est tres difficile - mais je sais aussi les mots mauvais, en raison de mes amis. :)

So, here's the thing.

If we have a plan, and we have targets, something is preventing us from acquiring those targets - we've broken records with our utter inactivity.

The argument that it's because of squad strength seems flimsy to me, because there are clubs all around us with stronger squads (I.e, everyone in the top six) that still manage to bring in players who would ostensibly face competition for a first-team slot.

Yes, you argue - that is because they spend more money. Well, that's my point - where is this magical backing to pursue Poch's number-one targets? Okay, Poch only wants his first choices, fine, no arguments. But that approach seems destined to result in record-breaking levels of inactivity, because he won't get the money for those first choices - Levy won't allow it.

So, personally, if we have a plan but can't execute it because we have 0.00 to spend and aren't willing to go over it, that's the same as just being reactive. We just sit on our hands, and wait, and wait, and maybe in five years we'll see one of Poch's first choices also made available on a free - and *that* is when we'll finally move, because it fits within our price range.

I think it is very, very important to acknowledge how much Poch likes a tight squad with no filler, and how he feels some of our activity in the past has hampered us more than helped. It is a connected picture. If we can buy (say) a Frenkie De Jong for 70 mill, we will. The biggest problem we have is that we are competing with elite sides for elite players, and that we already have 5 ourselves anyway!

Viva Spurs!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think it is very, very important to acknowledge how much Poch likes a tight squad with no filler, and how he feels some of our activity in the past has hampered us more than helped. It is a connected picture. If we can buy (say) a Frenkie De Jong for 70 mill, we will. The biggest problem we have is that we are competing with elite sides for elite players, and that we already have 5 ourselves anyway!

Viva Spurs!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

But that's just it - will we actually spend 70m on the likes of De Jong? If we could, I am 100% sure that, at 70m, we would have managed to land at least *one* of Poch's targets this summer - or even now, in January. People will bite at that price, doubts about their place be damned. It shows ambition, and investing so much in them might give them a better view of their chances of claiming a starting place (whatever the reality turns out to be).

But we haven't - we've done the square root of f*ck all. :(

As for those five elite players you mentioned, whom are you referring to? I think we've got more than five, personally. I'd put Kane, Eriksen, Son, Dele, Toby, Jan and Lloris up there as players who could fit into any side in world football - even Lloris, despite his recent fragility.

The problem isn't with them (although it will be when Toby and Eriksen leave, and Jan ages). The problem is with the rest of them - the central midfield (and the yawning gap therein), the sub-standard full-backs, and the lack of good backups.

But that's just it - will we actually spend 70m on the likes of De Jong? If we could, I am 400% sure that, at 70m, we would have managed to land at least *one* of Poch's targets this summer - or even now, in January. People will bite at that price, doubts about their place be damned. It shows ambition, and investing so much in them might give them a better view of their chances of claiming a starting place (whatever the reality turns out to be).

But we haven't - we've done the square root of f*ck all. :(

As for those five elite players you mentioned, whom are you referring to? I think we've got more than five, personally. I'd put Kane, Eriksen, Son, Dele, Toby, Jan and Lloris up there as players who could fit into any side in world football - even Lloris, despite his recent fragility.

The problem isn't with them (although it will be when Toby and Eriksen leave, and Jan ages). The problem is with the rest of them - the central midfield (and the yawning gap therein), the sub-standard full-backs, and the lack of good backups.
Agree with a lot of what you said, but I was thinking the other day when everyone was being down on our full backs - how many have better than us? You call them sub standard, I think thats really harsh. I dont see many of our rivals having better full backs than us at all, with the exception of Walker at City I dont even see any of theirs as an upgrade. Im not suggesting ours are perfect by any stretch, but I think there arent many top class full backs around and all in all whilst not being the complete package ours are are more than good enough....

£11m for Dembele is peanuts in today market. He must be well crocked!
Levy won't panic that's for sure.
Still will be the summer for incoming IMO and that's an IF there are any!
If a good player is available for peanuts does he end up going to China?

6 months left of his contract. If reports are true they're paying £11m for having him there for half a season extra as they could sign him on a pre contract and have him for free. That's not peanuts imo.

If a good player is available for peanuts does he end up going to China?

6 months left of his contract. If reports are true they're paying £11m for having him there for half a season extra as they could sign him on a pre contract and have him for free. That's not peanuts imo.

I’d argue that’s an amazing Deal for us

£11m for a broken player pretty much out of contract

Back