• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

10lkUdy.gif

I don’t like being overly negative but I’m not sure he’s any more effective than any other lump we could stick up front. He’s a handful in the air but the two occasions he had the ball facing the goal he couldn’t get a shot off and overhit his pass. Would we be by worse off sticking one of our Centre backs up there for the last 10?

I don’t like being overly negative but I’m not sure he’s any more effective than any other lump we could stick up front. He’s a handful in the air but the two occasions he had the ball facing the goal he couldn’t get a shot off and overhit his pass. Would we be by worse off sticking one of our Centre backs up there for the last 10?
Could be worth a try with Sanchez, as he has the physical attributes to be a dominant CF and looks like he has an eye for goal...

I would like to see this guy given another year, we wont find better willing to be back up to Kane with our budget.

He is a wonderful option of the bench when we're chasing things.

I would have no problem with us doing that, but if we do that we have to use him more often.

I would have no problem with us doing that, but if we do that we have to use him more often.

He'll get the early rounds of the cups and when needs must in the PL and CL.

Both scenarios he's proven very effective this season.

And looks like he may get a few more starts now with Harry injured.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with 3 of our 4 available AM behind him in these next few games.

He'll get the early rounds of the cups and when needs must in the PL and CL.

Both scenarios he's proven very effective this season.

And looks like he may get a few more starts now with Harry injured.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with 3 of our 4 available AM behind him in these next few games.

He is a very good player who has played at the highest level both at club and international football, but he needs to get a run of games to show his worth and we also have to play to his strengths. As you say it will be good to see him hopefully get that chance.

He is a very good player who has played at the highest level both at club and international football, but he needs to get a run of games to show his worth and we also have to play to his strengths. As you say it will be good to see him hopefully get that chance.

Think we need to change to accommodate him.

If in fact we have no Harry & no Son (and potentially Lucas for another game or two)

- I'd play Llorente
- I'd go with 3 CBs (we have them fit now), so we can play the FB's further up without exposing ourselves as much, probably with Trippier given instructions just to bang in the crosses
- One of Dele/Eriksen/Lamela to be given the 2nd striker role, running beyond Llorente

Llorente is a decent striker that can finish, he's just not Kane and the problem we have had with Soldado/Janssen/Llorente is we don't adapt for them, we expect them to adapt to us, and they aren't capable of doing so.

Agree but this is long overdue.
Also We’ve never really tried playing them together as a plan b. Llorente with his aerial ability a few knockdowns and shake it up a bit when things aren’t working out.

Example being vs Chelsea in the cup. We looked knackered yet only gets a couple of minutes.

Worked really well when we played Real anyway but never tried since, very odd.

I agree. Never ceases to amaze me that people expect someone to just be able to come off the bench after not playing for ages and be match fit and sharp. It just doesn't work like that, not in this day and age, not in the Prem.

he's regressed in the same way torres did when he left liverpool/dyed/coloured his hair

Back