• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree i would do the same .....someone posted on here today on the number of close ups of the Man ure sky family yesterday,ok a quick glance but yesterday 20/30 seconds,a close up,a big roar,still on solskaer ,still on him,ball fifty yards up the pitch where we last saw it. Why did they cut to Ed Woodward going into a dressing room what was the point of that,implying he could be going our dressing room....sigh....what the fudge!!! Their production has been quite amateurish over the last couple of seasons,and this constant constant discussion of man ure zzzzzzzzzz.....and i find strange how Emirates Marketing Project spending and the impending fine from UEFA has been sought of never mentioned and swept under the carpet....never discussed never mentioned,nothing.

On some rivers you can catch some pundits before the game from other countries,its a breath of fresh air,totally balanced views and no love ins...
I’ve had IPTV for the last couple of seasons and it’s an absolute breath of fresh air being able to listen to foreign (non biased) coverage of the premier league. Really has been an eye opener as to how bad BT and in particularly SKY are.

Has anyone got a link to any articles offering a tactical breakdown of the second half? The way the players came out and the gameplay is fascinating from both sides point of view...
FWIW...

https://betweentheposts.net/tottenh...tch-wembley-win-spurs-chances-premier-league/
The away side implemented a counterattacking strategy that aimed to make use of a dynamic attacking lineup. This created some promising transitions for United, including a move that saw them take the lead on the stroke of half-time. Despite this, it took a fantastic David de Gea performance to keep out a dominant Spurs side and take all three points.

And also

I often go into a massive sulk after a Spurs defeat. I've still not watched the MotD highlights from the Wolves match, for example. But not this time, and I'm not sure why. Is it some sort of self-flagellation? No, that was supporting Spurs in the mid-to-late 90s. I think it's more because I need to understand how the hell we lost that game.

I'm not buying the crap about Solksjaer outsmarting Poch. Yes, our full backs leave gaps, esp. Trippier, and United have the quick skilful attackers to capitalise on that. But how many chances did they really create? Not that many. One goal does not a comprehensive victory make. And that was a good finish, into the side netting just inches from Lloris's far post. When Kane does the same, I don't see too many people blaming the opposing keeper.

Instead, it's a game full of what-if's. What if Sissoko wasn't stuck on his heels as Winks's shot (I'm sure it was a shot) went straight across goal? What if Dele had squared to Son for an (almost) tap-in on that break? What if Llorente's late late scoop towards Kane had been two yards softer?

No. I think that, if De Gea had let just one in, it could have been a rout. As it is, he gained in confidence and our attackers tried to force their shots. Yes, the shots weren't the best, but they certainly weren't tinkle-poor. I think De Gea's good positioning made them look worse than they were.

This is one crazy season where the top two, maybe three, could well break all sorts of points-scoring records. I think we're going to finish third and, you know what, I'm not too displeased. Gutted, certainly, but I'm not going to overreact after an unlucky 0-1 defeat against a decent side. All I can hope is that Solksjaer's United side take a few points off our rivals.

And that we manage a cup. Or at least a run to the CL SFs.

I guess the most irritating thing about yesterday is when I meet fans who say we bottled it and that Solskjaer out thought Pochettino ..

So the definition of bottling now includes totally dominating a game (or rather half a game) and forcing the opposition’s keeper into saves numbered in double digits? In which case yes, we massively bottled it.

I don’t understand how a team that completely dominates Man Utd, controls possession, wins the ball back off of them continually and creates numerous chances can be a squad who look tired?

In yesterday's game all that was off was our finishing. We created enough chances to win 2 games, we just failed to take those changes. If we play that game (minus the finishing) on 10 occasions I think we would probably win 6, draw 3 and lose 1.

Watch the game again

- Not saying we didn't play better
- We didn't completely control the game and retain passion well (as we usually do), they got runners at us too many times, the RB position was targeted and we didn't deal with it well.
- Our tempo was slightly off, I've said it many times, the Spurs that can beat any team in the world plays at a very high tempo, quick passing with interchanging runners.

No way you can say Dele, Son, Eriksen had their best (or close to best) game yesterday. To your point, a 75% performance with more clinical finishing would have been enough.

Poch has said it himself, our players are very fit, they can handle the schedule physically, but sometimes the mental sharpness is harder (little slower, makes you appear tired)

All opinions anyway ...

There’s a massive article on the bbc website by Darren fletcher on how Ole Solskjær masterminded the win v Spurs....

Same way Jose did when he got them to 2nd .. play absolute brick and have the keeper bail them out repeatedly per game, then rely on an individual piece of brilliance from one of their many very expensive players ...

Amazing tactics ...

There’s a massive article on the bbc website by Darren fletcher on how Ole Solskjær masterminded the win v Spurs....
That will be an impartial piece then. Surely supplemented by a Jermaine Jenas argument about how we outplayed Manure for huge stretches of the game and only didn't clobber them because our finishing was not as clinical as it should have been and De Gea had a blinder.

He lucked out big time
He didn’t change the team from the previous game bar one player I believe yet he put in some kind of tactical mastermind...
I like him but his management skills so far haven’t shone anywhere of note

well, de gea was the difference, we were all over them second half but couldn't put them away - I mean, we even had clear cut chances but managed to shoot either straight at him or near him !

Frustrating game, and it's a boost for manure - we need to bounce back, which we should do v fool 'em and another big one v chavs

We missed a chance here - and we STILL haven't drawn in the league this season
Keep this up and we'll go down in history as the undrawables. Let's see another team beat that!

Despite Trips error yesterday he is still the better of the 2 going forward. If I were playing 3 at the back with WBs I'd defo go Trips. Aurier's delivery is nowhere near as dangerous imo.
No, Aurier just puts it in the net himself, and we can't have that!

I do like it when we hem a team back completely and just go at them. Always thrilling to watch even if we don't get our just desserts. Was like that v Juve away last season.

Couldn’t agree more with your point here. We can be relentless at times. Yesterday reminded me of the Bindippers game at their place last season when we murdered them in the second half but Juve is another good example.

In typical Spurs fashion though, we won none of the three games.

Back