• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He did. Directly behind him. Or spray it long to the far touchline. He looked up, saw the action, dummied to pass there, didn’t, then tried it anyway. Keep the ball if you feel you have no options, turn and carry it up the line, invite a challenge, take the contact, there are so many options. He knew his cover was off and we just needed to get in at HT to reorganize, so play smart! For me, he has become a player who believes he can do things he can’t whilst neglecting what he can. What has happened to his early crossing? Invariably he checks inside now.

Look, I will always trust my manager over myself, but he has consistently annoyed me this season more than anyone.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's funny. I'm the opposite. I never particularly rated him, always thought others were better than him. But now everyone is slagging him off, I think its unfair. If Lamela's woeful misplaced pass, where he was under less pressure and had more options, resulted in a goal against us, would you say the same against him?

For me Trippier gets done by pace, and his positioning can be off at times maybe. He's not outstanding defensively. But i think it is unfair to heap all the blame on him for this defeat. Poch, the forwards, Verts, Lloris, Sissoko's injury, Winks not moving to make an easier pass maybe (need to see it again)...in otherwords the team. Last season I favoured Aurier over Trippier, thought he offered more fizz in attack. But truth is, Trippier has been steadier and he was on great form at the begining of the season. But lately he's become the new whipping boy since Sissoko turned good. That is unfair.

Dembele looked past it even last season, most people would agree.

I love Wanyama but the poor guy hasn't been able to get back to consistent fitness for well over a year and even when he has played he looks a shadow of the player in the 2016/17 season when he and Dembele bossed it.

That's fine that you rate Dier highly but many others don't. He's a very effective destroyer and offers great versatility. His passing is rather limited and thinks he is better than he is like Lloris does and gives the ball away in dangerous positions.

We have world class/borderline world class players in almost every other position (certainly in the spine of the team) with the exception of right back and CM. The players we have in both positions aren't even close to being world class. Even with a fit a healthy Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko and Skipp, CM is the key position that we need to upgrade on this window or in the summer but I'm skeptical that we will sign anyone in either window.

Winks bossed it today against supposedly WC players

Who played CM when we beat madrid

Who played whe we played against Rakatic in the Nou Camp

Who played against Chelsea’s supposedly WC midfield

Dembele put in some worldie last season, performances I’ve not seen many form the EPL do against top sides. Juve awyay was unreal

People really have short memories

I also think people think the grass is greener with players. Just look at those who thought Aurier could replace walker (I was one).

Diers passing gets criticised yet people forget it was him who passes to Ali for the goal vs Chelsea
It was his pass that took out the Brighton players to set up Lamela and yet in that game I even heard people say he can’t pass
People say he gives it away in dangerous positions yet the only one that cost us was pool away

It's funny. I'm the opposite. I never particularly rated him, always thought others were better than him. But now everyone is slagging him off, I think its unfair. If Lamela's woeful misplaced pass, where he was under less pressure and had more options, resulted in a goal against us, would you say the same against him?

For me Trippier gets done by pace, and his positioning can be off at times maybe. He's not outstanding defensively. But i think it is unfair to heap all the blame on him for this defeat. Poch, the forwards, Verts, Lloris, Sissoko's injury, Winks not moving to make an easier pass maybe (need to see it again)...in otherwords the team. Last season I favoured Aurier over Trippier, thought he offered more fizz in attack. But truth is, Trippier has been steadier and he was on great form at the begining of the season. But lately he's become the new whipping boy since Sissoko turned good. That is unfair.

People are criticising Trippier because his performances haven't been good enough for the last couple of months. Off the top of my head I can name 4-5 games where he was below average; Emirates Marketing Project, today, Cardiff, Wolves home and away.

67A1CFD9-E87E-40D4-9638-6577195F7AF0.jpeg

Tahsnit my photo or scribble by the way

Trippier took a bad call when he didnt need too and wasn’t under pressure

I don’t remember him making those mistakes before this season

The issue with him is that his main feature is his crossing but that isn’t enough now

Dembele put in some worldie last season, performances I’ve not seen many form the EPL do against top sides. Juve awyay was unreal

I also think people think the grass is greener with players. Just look at those who thought Aurier could replace walker (I was one).

Diers passing gets criticised yet people forget it was him who passes to Ali for the goal vs Chelsea
It was his pass that took out the Brighton players to set up Lamela and yet in that game I even heard people say he can’t pass
People say he gives it away in dangerous positions yet the only one that cost us was pool away

Winks is very good but he's not world class, he may turn out to be but he's not there yet.

Dembele was awesome against Juve but that's one game. I'm talking about the entire season.

It's easy to cherry pick Dier's great passes but there have been many times where his passing has put us in trouble, just because they didn't lead to a goal doesn't mean they should be ignored.

Look, our CM's are all of a decent standard (and I include Sissoko in that) but none of them are world class or elite players. We have elite players in pretty much every other position; GK (Lloris), LB (Rose), CB (Toby and Verts), AM (Eriksen, Son and Alli), FW (Kane). It doesn't take a forensics expert to realise that RB and CM are the two weakest positions in the team.

View attachment 5760

Tahsnit my photo or scribble by the way

Trippier took a bad call when he didnt need too and wasn’t under pressure

I don’t remember him making those mistakes before this season

The issue with him is that his main feature is his crossing but that isn’t enough now

I've never thought he was as good as many seem to think on here. But in your photo above, there is only one pass. The cross field balls you need a moment to see them, step back and strike the ball. Time he didn't have. He went for the open pass, and it was intercepted. It wasn't great, but on here it is as though no one's ever seen that happen before. Lamela made a worse pass, but it didn't result in a goal so no knee jerk.

As I said, Poch should set the side up to contain for a couple of minutes until the break. Trippier had Sissoko supporting him all game, then suddenly he's got no options. @thfcsteff wants to heap all the blame on one guy for not playing it long to get to half time, when the manger, verts, etc are also part of the equation, its a team sport.

Trippier has become the new Sissoko?

Last edited:

In Order:

- Winks and Dier started vs Madrid before Sissoko had to come and Dier replace Alderwiereld in the back 3
- Winks and Sissoko, and sometime Eriksen at Nou Camp. Barcelona played a semi-B team. When they played their A-team at Wembley we saw what happened. In fact, you cold argue the one goal they scored at the Nou Camp doesn't happen with our old cm axis..
- Dier and Sissoko. We played it perfectly that day; not sure we could say that on Tuesday when we could barely keep the ball and control posession. We won only on a penalty and dogged defensive work not because our cm controlled things.
- Dembele did indeed put in some worldies but from about March onwards you could see the physicality of our league start to catch up with him and he was starting to actually be dominated at times.

The grass is indeed not always greener, but as a club you give yourself the best chance by planning to push on and give yourselves more options to keep yourselves ahead of your competitors or try and reign some in who are ahead of you...obviously within reason.
I think it was within reason to give ourselves some cm options to slowly transition away from the Dembele-Wanyama axis that has been declining before our eyes.

And speaking of our cm options again here: we have now lost 6 games by early January. I'm not sure of the last time we've done that, perhaps Poch's first season? Ironically, when our (then porous) cm was similarly a cause for concern...

Last edited:
I've never thought he was as good as many seem to think on here. But in your photo above, there is only one pass. The cross field balls you need a moment to see them, step back and strike the ball. He went for the open pass, and it was intercepted. It wasn't great, but on here it is as though no one's ever seen that happen before. Lamela made a worse pass, but it didn't result in a goal so no knee jerk.

As I said, Poch should set the side up to contain for a couple of minutes until the break. Trippier had Sissoko supporting him all game, then suddenly he's got no options. @thfcsteff wants to heap all the blame on one guy for not playing it long to get to half time, when the manger, verts, etc are also part of the equation, its a team sport.

Trippier has become the new Sissoko?

Not sure that's fair re 'the new Sissoko'..Trippier has now consistently made mistake that have directly led to goals. I don't think anyone else in the team is making as many as him now? Happy to be corrected.

Of the top of my head: Emirates Marketing Project, Wolves, getting caught too far up the pitch vs Barca, Wolves home. The troble also is that he has stopped crossing first time with as much confidence so he is stratiung to even stop doing the tthings that negatied his bad traits...
Tbf, it's likely he is n=only startung because it seems Aurier wasn't available.

Right on. Baffled to discover his name is missing from the MotM shortlist. What game were others watching? For sure he has his limitations - not least when shooting from range :( - but that aside he was excellent.

Today he showed us what our future playmaker might look like.

I think the 3 chances early on were the good and bad of Winks. Lovely pass and move, but he needs to get those shots on target.

Someone better would need to throw In Excess of a billion ££££ at the club.

That’s before investing in players

We will shortly have a stadium worth about £800m and we have playing squad worth somewhere in the region of £500m upwards
And a training ground worth £100m upwards
And other assets
Anyone contemplating buying spurs would need more money than any club has ever gone for and we have t win a trophy in a decade...

Whether people like it or not ENIC aren’t selling up unless someone has mega pockets full of cash to buy they out and pay off the debt

And before people say we’re in debt currently so someone buying can keep that debt running, of course they could. But would ENIC sell to someone else to just have debt? I doubt it

Right, but all this is illustrating why anyone who buys us will need to be extremely rich. I'm not disputing that, mate. But we need to be bought, because ENIC's usefulness to the club is coming to an end - and I think both ourselves and ENIC have earned the right to an amicable parting of ways, with them taking their giant profit and leaving.

And besides, it doesn't have to be all at once. We could be sold in chunks - 500m for half the club (for example) which would also allow for some funding for the actual team, hopefully.

I believe FSG have done this as well - sold a chunk of Liverpool to some Chinese consortium, and generated a nice chunk of change to use on transfers and the stadium.

As I said to someone else, it just frustrates me that we are chasing a goal, missing chances, and he comes on and misses some more. And I pick on him because he never does anything, as opposed to Kane and Dele who have actually won big games for us in the past.

I agree to disagree or whatever coz it's a silly thing for us to go on and on about. Today was a phucking annoying day, we never should have lost this game, but there we go.
He never does anything? He saved us at PSV and Burnley, and that's not bad considering he's played just a few minutes!

You are so fudging far off in your slanting of Llorente of all. It's ridiculous. Go take a cold shower and some chill pills. You seem to need it!

Not sure that's fair re 'the new Sissoko'..Trippier has now consistently made mistake that have directly led to goals. I don't think anyone else in the team is making as many as him now? Happy to be corrected.

Of the top of my head: Emirates Marketing Project, Wolves, getting caught too far up the pitch vs Barca, Wolves home. The troble also is that he has stopped crossing first time with as much confidence so he is stratiung to even stop doing the tthings that negatied his bad traits...
Tbf, it's likely he is n=only startung because it seems Aurier wasn't available.

I've heard the same said of Aurier - gets caught too far up the pitch. Its the system we play. I don't think Tripper is all that great. I've always thought Aurier offers more if he could. But Aurier was worse earlier in the season don't forget. Short memories. Trippier hasn't played as badly as those with an axe to grind about the defeat would like to make out. Davies stays back a lot more, whereas Tripper takes responsibility to get forward, and he did that. First half he was providing width and he got a fair amount of the play.

The way we setup is for Sissoko to fill in when Trippier is providing that width going forward, and for Sissoko to play 1-2s with Trippier to get around the press. With Sissoko off, we didn't adapt. I don't think Tripper, Davies or Winks are CL quality however. On their day all are excellent professionals and we're lucky to have them. But they are have lapses. Aurier too, he needs to kick on and show greater aweness defensively. He has the committment, tanacity, and seems to do well getting forward. But can he be stable in defence?

Last edited:
Also was Alli tasked with playing CM when Sissoko went off? No one seemed to shift accross to fill Sissoko's spot. Winks stayed where he was and Alli just moved forward. So Sissoko's place wasn't filled. Second half we setup better.

I've heard the same said of Aurier - gets caught too far up the pitch. Its the system we play. I don't Tripper is all that great. I've always thought Aurier offers more. But Aurier was worse earlier in the season don't forget. Short memories. Trippier hasn't played as badly as those with an axe to grind about the defeat would like to make out. Davies stays back a lot more, whereas Tripper takes responsibility to get forward, and he did that. First half he was providing width and he got a fair amount of the play providing width.

The way we setup is for Sissoko to fill in when Trippier is providing that width going forward, and for Sissoko to play 1-2s with Trippier to get around the press. With Sissoko off, we didn't adapt. I don't think Tripper, Davies or Winks are CL quality however. On their day all are excellent professionals and we're lucky to have them. But they are have lapses. Aurier too, he needs to kick on and show greater aweness defensively. He has the committment, tanacity, and seems to do well getting forward. But can he be stable in defence?

the system certainly needs FBs who have both physicality to get up and down and also defensive sharpnes. I'm not surte Aurier was worse at the beginning of the season actually (perhaps save the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game) but he wasn't playing at that time due to injury IIRC.
The thing with Trippier is now the same mistakes are happening again and again and we are being punished for it.

There is only so much the stem can be blamed for giving the ball away in dangerrous areas when the team are in the most vulnerable positions for the lapses to be exploited

Back