• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think Davies played well personally.
Very unfortunate with injuries, all sides have them but to have had 8 or 9 out for long periods ie. 3-4 weeks minimum is just ridiculous.
Sometimes think we're cursed.
And now Kane and Sissy too...

Obviously Tripper shouldn't have tried to make that pass to Winks. It's not the pass itself, it's a fantastic piece of closing by Lingard (?) who see's it sprints back and cuts it out. Winks is calling for it, but Tripper is unsure, looks forward then passes too late inside. Sissoko would have been closer to him to recieved an easier pass. When a player has just come off, keep it tight at the back for the couple of minutes until HT, drop off a little, get a few players back, that has to come from the manager. After the poor pass there is still a lot to do, but we need a scape goat, so Trippier it is.

It's not spacegoating. But his mistake led to their only goal. His defending is just so average, Even the full backs we had 15 years ago; YPL and Stalteri didn't consistently make the number of mistakes that Trippier makes and no disrespect but the club has moved on a lot since the days of those full backs and we wouldn't dream of buying players of that quality with the intention of starting the majority of games for us. Even Cardiff were asking serious questions of him and Rose spent half his time heading cross off the line that came in from Trippier's side. Cariff FFS! That's Cardiff, one of the worst teams in the league.

Just want to add, feel gutted for Winks for not putting away his chance. Been a while since he's scored for us (not since that West Ham match a long time ago, right?). I'd love to see him score again soon. Such a fan as well as a player, must be frustrating to be so close.

I mean at the end of the first half.
Sissoko went off and Poch just left Winks to deal with midfield.

Time and again, United were leaving 2v2 or 3v3 so they could break at speed.
Poch had a big choice to make, bring on an attacker (Lamela) or a more defensive player (Skipp, Sanchez) and he gambled.

He bought on Lamela and left Winks to deal with it.
Seconds later they seized the ball and scored.

In the second half Poch changed formation and we looked fantastic.
But for 10 minutes, when the pressure was on, Poch didn't do the right thing and we conceded.

We concedes because a senior professional made a stupid, stupid error. Not the first this season either. That pass -at that time of the game- is unforgivable. You have a right to expect your experienced players to manage the 4 mins before HT and get into the dressing room to reorganize. Trippier didn’t just play a stupid pass, he played a stupid pass which he had hinted at playing a second earlier, directly square and with the full knowledge we were light on the cover because HE was pushed up and Sissoko off the pitch!

I rarely coat players, but it was fudging TERRIBLE, absolute stupidity, and he has has been rife with that sort of “thinking” this season. I am finding it increasingly hard to forgive his transgressions.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Just want to add, feel gutted for Winks for not putting away his chance. Been a while since he's scored for us (not since that West Ham match a long time ago, right?). I'd love to see him score again soon. Such a fan as well as a player, must be frustrating to be so close.

Thought he was fantastic today. Pogba will get the plaudits but Winks was the best CM on the park for me.

Think Davies played well personally.
Very unfortunate with injuries, all sides have them but to have had 8 or 9 out for long periods ie. 3-4 weeks minimum is just ridiculous.
Sometimes think we're cursed.
And now Kane and Sissy too...

The injury situation (or at least its effects o us) were entirely predictable sadly and self-inflicted when we had the transfer window we had.
there is only so much you can flog the same players and try and stay in 4 competitions

If Tripper has someone to pass to, then he's not forced into that. We were outnumbered at the back, and Sissoko wasn't there to help out. If Poch subs on Sanchez, or tells Alli or Eriksen to sit infront of the back 4 until half time, we've covered, get to HT and regroup. Easy to say in hidsight. I saw Lamela make a woeful pass, it didn't result in a goal against us - but if it did would people be saying 'sell him' etc? Likewise Eriksen misplaced a few.

He did. Directly behind him. Or spray it long to the far touchline. He looked up, saw the action, dummied to pass there, didn’t, then tried it anyway. Keep the ball if you feel you have no options, turn and carry it up the line, invite a challenge, take the contact, there are so many options. He knew his cover was off and we just needed to get in at HT to reorganize, so play smart! For me, he has become a player who believes he can do things he can’t whilst neglecting what he can. What has happened to his early crossing? Invariably he checks inside now.

Look, I will always trust my manager over myself, but he has consistently annoyed me this season more than anyone.

Frustrating day .. probably should stay away from Spurs & media around it ...

My view

- United is quite agricultural, long ball to runners, hoping to hit us with pace (worked once)
- We should have won, partially needed to be a touch more clinical, partially keeper had a blinder

That said

- Another challenge failed ...
- Squad in general looked tired, just that little bit off .. too many games
- Bench was weak, midfield a real problem especially with Sissoko going down.
- Trippier and Davies have just been poor, that and CM have to get invested in.

On to the next game ...

They are undoubtedly tired but it didn't show today. I expected us to be overrun in the 2nd half but it was all us.

If we take that level of performance forward now we will be absolutely fine.

They have, mate - I've never argued that they haven't. But they did it with the club's own money - they redirected it in a semi-competent fashion into infrastructure over the team.

I've made the comparison before, but they're basically following the Arsenal model, without the actual league titles, trophies or success that comes with it. And don't get me wrong, that's competent stuff, but it's just nothing that couldn't have been done by someone who also actually cared about keeping our good teams together, and spending a bit to do it.

And let's be honest - without Poch, would that last bit be valid? Poch himself even admitted that ENIC's plan for him was to stay somewhere in the top six until the new stadium, and then get top four in the season *after* the move.

Poch is the man who revolutionized everything, far surpassing even what ENIC expected from him. The problem now is that this has put our owners in the inconvenient situation where they would actually have to invest to maintain that progress to the satisfaction of the manager and the players, who all want to win things.

And, as we've seen, ENIC has failed on that count, and keeps failing with every passing day. The team needed investment in the summer, needs it more now, and will need it even more next summer - but I expect absolutely nothing from them, because they're more comfortable with the Sahas and Nelsens of the world.

They're not bad owners. But they're not particularly beneficial anymore, either - they're just competent, risk-averse administrators.

I definitely haven't forgotten - even if I'm a bit nostalgic about those years, because every goal meant more and the days were just a lot more expectation-free in general :) . But I also think Spurs fans were very traumatized by the Sugar years and the atrocious 90's - to the point where competence looks like genius, because it's better than what we had before. Anything would be better, after all - and a solid job suddenly looks inspirational and against all odds.

What ENIC have done is a solid, reasonably competent job. But we can do better. And we should be striving to find better, because they've hit their glass ceiling.

That this is such a controversial opinion that generates such rage on the board (not you by any means, but more broadly) always amuses me. :D

I might not agree with all you say but it is excellently stated. Some great points there Dubai.

They are undoubtedly tired but it didn't show today. I expected us to be overrun in the 2nd half but it was all us.

If we take that level of performance forward now we will be absolutely fine.
Agree. I felt that we were gonna be 'light' and up against it when Sissoko went off. Completely the opposite and we dominated all areas second half.

It was just the finishing today. Simples.

It was just the finishing today. Simples.

United had a lot of men back. We often had nine men in front of us. We played some clever stuff to try and get through them but never really got a clear cut opportunity. Everything was a half chance. Not helped by every shot being at de Gea's feet.

Back