• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So all he needs is comparable minutes and he'll deliver like Harry does? Let's hope that's the case, as Harry might be missing a few games and we've no Son either.
No I’m saying a striker usually needs a run of games to get in the groove, most players do but especially strikers. There are a few super sub types but in general you need games - he’s obviously not going to get that here....

No I’m saying a striker usually needs a run of games to get in the groove, most players do but especially strikers. There are a few super sub types but in general you need games - he’s obviously not going to get that here....

To be fair to the man, playing every week at Swansea he had a very decent record. Think I've talked with others before about our need for a forward who thrives as a sub/backup (because with Kane, nobody is going to get regular minutes ahead of him). Chelsea have two forwards who are good at that (Giroud and Morata) but neither is any great shakes when starting all the time. Hopefully Moura can turn into that type of player for us.

Poch “For Moussa, it was his groin, a small thing in his groin. We hope it’s not a big issue too”

Fnar fnar.

Titter titter.

To be fair to the man, playing every week at Swansea he had a very decent record. Think I've talked with others before about our need for a forward who thrives as a sub/backup (because with Kane, nobody is going to get regular minutes ahead of him). Chelsea have two forwards who are good at that (Giroud and Morata) but neither is any great shakes when starting all the time. Hopefully Moura can turn into that type of player for us.

He scored his goals there in pairs a lot
His numbers looked good but I think he scored 2 goals a game in about 8 games which made his numbers look good

Don’t get me wrong he was a key player

Last edited:
Another positive is that the Manure media circus can focus on Smoegol rather than Poch now and perhaps Uncle Joe and Levy will find a suitcase of cash to bring in a player or two.

Don't live in hope, mate. Trust in Poch, and in the players - I have zero trust in Levy doing anything to help the aforementioned two at the moment.

We'll find a way out of this, and we'll go again - we always do. :)

Don't live in hope, mate. Trust in Poch, and in the players - I have zero trust in Levy doing anything to help the aforementioned two at the moment.

We'll find a way out of this, and we'll go again - we always do. :)
Big bad Levy taking us from nobodies to CL regulars all whilst giving us state of the art, literally best in class, training facilities and soon to be stadium. What a C!!

So, just watched the game and that was bloody turgid. Poor finishing and great goalkeeping was the difference between 0-1 and 4-1 really. We dominated them in the second half, but how we couldn't take a single one of those chances, is beyond me.

Can't believe the time wasting Manure got away with either. De Gea spent 30 seconds on each goal kick since the late first half, and the ref didn't even bother to warn him. At least that should end the speculations he's a closet Spurs fan.

Sky commentators, fudge me they're full of brick. Took every opportunity they could to give Solskjær and Pogba verbal blowjobs. To be fair, Pogba was good and Solskjær clearly has improved Manure quite a bit, but from the commentators you'd think this was the second coming of Ferguson/Jesus Christ.

Also; that first half dig at our lack of squad depth when our fifth choice central midfielder (who has been playing alongside our fourth choice central midfielder for the last, largely successfully month) was injured...well, what is there to say about that? It's insulting, it’s completely amateurish and it really makes you wonder if being a Sky commentator actually requires any sort of competence and knowledge about BOTH the teams you're commenting on. Or perhaps you just need to be a good actor, following the script you're given.

Sky production, fudge me sideways, what a mess. They showed more footage of Solskjær than Kane this second half, and that's not because Kane wasn't much involved in play, it was because the producer kept cutting back to Solskjær again and again and again. Look, Solskjær is thinking! Look, Solskjær runs to the sidelines! Look, Solskjær talks to Carrick! Look, Solskjær sits there watching the bloody game - LIKE I WANT TO DO, fudging SKY! Slow motion De Gea might not be the most interesting thing to see, but it sure beats endless close ups of a manager. For large parts of that second half I had no idea what was happening on the field, how we lined up, who marked who, where our runs went, who was knackered, who hid, who wanted the ball, etc. etc. You know, all the small parts that a football match consist of, that makes the game interesting to watch. Amateurs. At least I now have detailed knowledge of Solskjær's facial hair.

Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest. It was an annoying loss, meaning the title is now definitely gone, but I'm not particularly worried about either Manure or our play. They certainly didn't impress me much, despite being much better than at Old Trafford. We lost this game by not taking any of our numerous chances, on a day that we weren't particularly good either. Time to lick our wounds and continue to play football matches after this mishap in the Manure/Solskjær media circus.

So, just watched the game and that was bloody turgid. Poor finishing and great goalkeeping was the difference between 0-1 and 4-1 really. We dominated them in the second half, but how we couldn't take a single one of those chances, is beyond me.

Can't believe the time wasting Manure got away with either. De Gea spent 30 seconds on each goal kick since the late first half, and the ref didn't even bother to warn him. At least that should end the speculations he's a closet Spurs fan.

Sky commentators, fudge me they're full of brick. Took every opportunity they could to give Solskjær and Pogba verbal blowjobs. To be fair, Pogba was good and Solskjær clearly has improved Manure quite a bit, but from the commentators you'd think this was the second coming of Ferguson/Jesus Christ.

Also; that first half dig at our lack of squad depth when our fifth choice central midfielder (who has been playing alongside our fourth choice central midfielder for the last, largely successfully month) was injured...well, what is there to say about that? It's insulting, it’s completely amateurish and it really makes you wonder if being a Sky commentator actually requires any sort of competence and knowledge about BOTH the teams you're commenting on. Or perhaps you just need to be a good actor, following the script you're given.

Sky production, fudge me sideways, what a mess. They showed more footage of Solskjær than Kane this second half, and that's not because Kane wasn't much involved in play, it was because the producer kept cutting back to Solskjær again and again and again. Look, Solskjær is thinking! Look, Solskjær runs to the sidelines! Look, Solskjær talks to Carrick! Look, Solskjær sits there watching the bloody game - LIKE I WANT TO DO, fudging SKY! Slow motion De Gea might not be the most interesting thing to see, but it sure beats endless close ups of a manager. For large parts of that second half I had no idea what was happening on the field, how we lined up, who marked who, where our runs went, who was knackered, who hid, who wanted the ball, etc. etc. You know, all the small parts that a football match consist of, that makes the game interesting to watch. Amateurs. At least I now have detailed knowledge of Solskjær's facial hair.

Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest. It was an annoying loss, meaning the title is now definitely gone, but I'm not particularly worried about either Manure or our play. They certainly didn't impress me much, despite being much better than at Old Trafford. We lost this game by not taking any of our numerous chances, on a day that we weren't particularly good either. Time to lick our wounds and continue to play football matches after this mishap in the Manure/Solskjær media circus.

De Gea took 4.8% of the game taking goal kicks according to a stat on twitter earlier

Big bad Levy taking us from nobodies to CL regulars all whilst giving us state of the art, literally best in class, training facilities and soon to be stadium. What a C!!

Yes, yes, been through all this before. Significant achievement - took him two decades to do in the richest league in the world, but he managed it in the end. No joke, that was a solid, 6/10, respectable job - well done, good effort.

And now he's reached his glass ceiling. Truthfully, that's been the case for a while, given his severe limitations in terms of going beyond Nelsens and Sahas to actually preserve great teams, when they arise. So hopefully, we part ways amicably at some point, and then we can actually look forward to a few signings to push this team over the line - if it's still together by then.

Until then, we go again, and make do with what we have - because it's all we'll have.

Yes, yes, been through all this before. Significant achievement - took him two decades to do in the richest league in the world, but he managed it in the end. No joke, that was a solid, 6/10, respectable job - well done, good effort.

And now he's reached his glass ceiling. Truthfully, that's been the case for a while, given his severe limitations in terms of going beyond Nelsens and Sahas to actually preserve great teams, when they arise. So hopefully, we part ways amicably at some point, and then we can actually look forward to a few signings to push this team over the line - if it's still together by then. And hopefully Poch can keep it together until then, barren transfer windows be damned.
Pretty much disagree with everything you’ve said on this subject. I know you’ve been through all this before but the more you say something doesn’t make it true. You can say something’s black when it’s actually white all you like, but you’re only making 1 person look a fool. Sorry.

Pretty much disagree with everything you’ve said on this subject. I know you’ve been through all this before but the more you say something doesn’t make it true. You can say something’s black when it’s actually white all you like, but you’re only making 1 person look a fool. Sorry.

And the more you blindly support something doesn't make it any more true, either. Sorry.

Still, if you disagree, you disagree. I'm just chilling and waiting for ENIC to leave - hopefully amicably, with a farewell that befits their above-average stewardship.

And the more you blindly support something doesn't make it any more true, either. Sorry.

Still, if you disagree, you disagree. I'm just chilling and waiting for ENIC to leave - hopefully amicably, with a farewell that befits their above-average stewardship.

Loads of clubs would love ENIC

Where would the money come from for the players to improve the squad?

... Sky production, fudge me sideways, what a mess. They showed more footage of Solskjær than Kane this second half, and that's not because Kane wasn't much involved in play, it was because the producer kept cutting back to Solskjær again and again and again. Look, Solskjær is thinking! Look, Solskjær runs to the sidelines! Look, Solskjær talks to Carrick! Look, Solskjær sits there watching the bloody game - LIKE I WANT TO DO, fudging SKY! Slow motion De Gea might not be the most interesting thing to see, but it sure beats endless close ups of a manager. For large parts of that second half I had no idea what was happening on the field, how we lined up, who marked who, where our runs went, who was knackered, who hid, who wanted the ball, etc. etc. You know, all the small parts that a football match consist of, that makes the game interesting to watch. Amateurs. At least I now have detailed knowledge of Solskjær's facial hair...

A thousand times this.

They’re more interested in showing close ups and replays than actual live action.

Increasingly, TV companies are trying to direct football match coverage like a Michael Bay film... cut, cut, cut, zoom, close up, cut.

90% of the shot should be from the wide angle so you can see the space, the runners, the context.

Close ups and alternative angles used judiciously and largely for replays.

And for the replay, we don’t need a time wasting close up of the protagonist pre and post replay footage.

We don’t need an extended slo-mo zoom of a player’s facial reaction. You don’t need to cut to him every time the commentator says his name; I know what he looks like.

Just show the fudging game.

Loads of clubs would love ENIC

Where would the money come from for the players to improve the squad?

Someone with money, presumably. Hopefully an FSG type which boosts the team to title-winning levels, and not a murderous Sheikh type.

We don't actually need that much money - but we need more than what ENIC's willing to spend, which is 0.00.

As for loads of clubs salivating at the thought of having ENIC as owners, sure - no argument there. There's a lot of badly run clubs that could really benefit from stolid, above-average management.

But there are quite a few better-run clubs out there for whom the prospect of an ENIC stewardship would be a severe downgrade from what they have. We play one of them in the Champions League next month, actually.

Someone with money, presumably. Hopefully an FSG type which boosts the team to title-winning levels, and not a murderous Sheikh type.

We don't actually need that much money - but we need more than what ENIC's willing to spend, which is 0.00.

As for loads of clubs salivating at the thought of having ENIC as owners, sure - no argument there. There's a lot of badly run clubs that could really benefit from stolid, above-average management.

But there are quite a few better-run clubs out there for whom the prospect of an ENIC stewardship would be a severe downgrade from what they have. We play one of them in the Champions League next month, actually.
Do you think the FSG Model is sustainable? If they don’t win anything this year, still a big possibility, how many years will they carry on pumping in £100m per year? And when they stop what will happen to the debt etc?

FSG haven’t spent a penny of their own money
No American owners invest in clubs, they take the money out. Look at the figures for pool

For us to improve we either need some very lucky cheap signings or some £50m to £80m players

Two of them would be £140m maybe....

The only clubs throwing money at it are ones with either stupid debts but huge incomes (United) or oil money in city

Even Chelsea aren’t anymore as they can’t gamble

Do you think the FSG Model is sustainable? If they don’t win anything this year, still a big possibility, how many years will they carry on pumping in £100m per year? And when they stop what will happen to the debt etc?

FSG haven’t invested anything
What they haven’t done either is take money out yet

FSG haven’t invested anything
What they haven’t done either is take money out yet
I may be completely wrong, but I thought Liverpool’s net spend in the last couple of seasons was about 150m? If that is true? Then that’s what I’m basing my comment on. If those numbers are not true then I take it back.

Back