• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That can't be right, can it? @SteveAWOL usually comes up with the stats via twitter, over to you statto!

I'm trying to think of 5 occasions he did that. 2nd half we just seemed mostly in their half, maybe he turned it over when we attacked and they broke a couple of times, not sure though.

I can think of a couple of times he gave it away including the goal.

Crazy. Poch just left Winks to deal with midfield on his own.

Until he took him off as well, to leave no one dealing with the midfield - or at least at CDM!

And Winks did. We crushed United in attack, midfield and defence. We forgot our finishing boots.

I mean at the end of the first half.
Sissoko went off and Poch just left Winks to deal with midfield.

Time and again, United were leaving 2v2 or 3v3 so they could break at speed.
Poch had a big choice to make, bring on an attacker (Lamela) or a more defensive player (Skipp, Sanchez) and he gambled.

He brought on Lamela and left Winks to deal with it.
Seconds later they seized the ball and scored.

In the second half Poch changed formation and we looked fantastic.
But for 10 minutes, when the pressure was on, Poch didn't do the right thing and we conceded.

I'm getting brick from gooners now all of a sudden, have they forgotten they lost to fudging wet Spam?

Ask them how many points they’ve got while playing every game at home. Also, who do they play next in the CL?

After Sissoko went off we still had a ton of great chances. The lack of goals was nothing to do w poch decisions.

Agree. Kane, Dele and Llorente missed really great chances to score, other occasions our players messed up the final pass to put someone in. Poch can't finish the chances for them, we had enough of the play to win this game. Tactially, what else can Poch really do with the players he has fit and available? Not much imo, he set us up as well as possible today and 9 times out of 10, that 2nd half performance gets 3 points.

If I have any criticism, it's maybe that we were too cagey at the start of the game. MAYBE, Poch could have sent them out to be more aggressive from the first whistle, but even then, we should be going in at ht 0-0 if not for a poor individual error.

Where to start....

Worried about fielding our slowest back line possible although delighted to see Jan back, maybe one game too early (and I fancied Rose and David instead but ok), I don't have access to the medical records or see them in Training.... Once Sissoko went off I actually felt Skipp should have come on instead of Lamela who I really don't think added enough and actually gave balls away at the wrong times too often.

Trips made a mistake, their back line didn't and DeGea was in imperious form and at 70mins for me it was a game we'd never get a thing out of, a rusty Jan and then Lloris letting one in that I personally feel he should be keeping out with his experience. I will put this game down as DeGea's moment who imho was man of the match. We've seen games where the opposition keeper is on fire, Krul vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine anyone and lost points before, will happen again...

I am worried about Kane limping off but I did notice what appeared to be Llorente and Shaw offer to support him however Kane waved them away.

Another positive is that the Manure media circus can focus on Smoegol rather than Poch now and perhaps Uncle Joe and Levy will find a suitcase of cash to bring in a player or two.

Roll on the next match... COYS!!!!! :)

Dw0EKGoWkAAqSpE.jpg
Typical Dele diving again!

Don't see why not, it was those two at the start of the season that was winning us games

I think it's the best we got. I also think Lamela was pretty good today, he's probably the player I want to get on the ball the most when we are 20 yards from goal and it seems there's nothing on. Plays those class little passes that nobody else is looking for.

If it wasn’t man united it would be talked about being a smash and grab by a far inferior team. Rashfords finish was excellent and certainly no easier than a hatfull we missed. United will think they’ve turned the corner but they won’t get away with conceding that many chances / trying to score a 2nd in injury time and we won’t miss that many chances again.

It’s not the points or the imaginary title challenge that concerns me, it’s the potential loss of Kane and Sissoko for a few games
it was in all fairness a fantastic finish - pacey forward with a killer finish, I like Rashford but not too sure if he is always composed

Back