• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Somewhere amongst all the press conference news it was mentioned Poch will be meeting with Janssen this week to discuss his future. That must translate as “persuade him to leave”. He’s not even registered for the PL squad never mind CL so it must be in his interest to move on.
It’s a really mystery why it didn’t work out with Janssen. Everything about him when he joined seemed to imply he was focussed and hard working but something clearly went very wrong.

Somewhere amongst all the press conference news it was mentioned Poch will be meeting with Janssen this week to discuss his future. That must translate as “persuade him to leave”. He’s not even registered for the PL squad never mind CL so it must be in his interest to move on.
It’s a really mystery why it didn’t work out with Janssen. Everything about him when he joined seemed to imply he was focussed and hard working but something clearly went very wrong.

It wouldnt surprise me if Llorente left and Janssen came back into the squad. Its not really a surprise that he wasnt registered given he was injured in August and with his last couple seasons

It wouldnt surprise me if Llorente left and Janssen came back into the squad. Its not really a surprise that he wasnt registered given he was injured in August and with his last couple seasons
No - poch seems to really dislike Jansen. It was fairly clear in his book. I can't see any way back

Fair point re the injury and registration.

Another thing from the press conference yesterday - Poch said he was happy with the squad and 95% of the squad were happy to follow the rules and be here.
Theee didn’t seem to be any follow up questions on that. I assumed Janssen and GKN to be the subject matter. And maybe Toby in terms of not wanting to be here?

I was dubious about signing him from the start, because he seemed to be nothing more than a finisher - not a great creator, dribbler or anything else. And you need to be multifunctional to have a chance at starting alongside Kane, never mind displacing him.

However, from what was going around at the time, there was no question about his mental strength - lad seemed to be a good chap, and one who had been through adverse circumstances without breaking. No idea what went wrong there. :(

It would surprise me - Poch really doesn’t rate him.

I’m kind of hoping that with Dembele sold and his wages freed up (he must be mid-upper tier on the pay scale?) plus a couple more going it may see us stretch for one of the more ‘deluxe’ signings Poch surely has his eye on.

Lozano would be a good option, fast and an eye for goal. If we could get rid of Llorente and Janssen and replace them with him. Apparently PSV want 30m for him which seems value in todays market.

Great value, huge talent, but a total diving bellend. At least, specifically, in the first leg against us. He was a bit better in the second.

After the WC I was really excited to see him play, and then really disappointed when I did...

Also - not a striker, is he? I had him down as another for the Son/Lamela/Moura ranks...

Either way, for the talent he has, £30m is a bargain.

I’m kind of hoping that with Dembele sold and his wages freed up (he must be mid-upper tier on the pay scale?) plus a couple more going it may see us stretch for one of the more ‘deluxe’ signings Poch surely has his eye on.

It’s the hope which kills you....

Just posted in the Dembele thread. There's one fella who i really believe could be the missing piece for us.

Dembele out. N'Dombele in.
I just do not see us signing any of the top tier players, who are linked with the City’s & Barcelona’s etc, in the next 5 years. It’s just not how we operate.

I just do not see us signing any of the top tier players, who are linked with the City’s & Barcelona’s etc, in the next 5 years. It’s just not how we operate.

Sadly i think you're right. I believe there was a chance with this guy last season or perhaps even in the Summer, but he seems to have gained further traction since then and now the big boys are circling.
His performances against Emirates Marketing Project alone in CL home and away will have put pay to any chances we might've had. He's firmly on the radars of others now.

Oh well, Sander Berge it is then?

Sadly i think you're right. I believe there was a chance with this guy last season or perhaps even in the Summer, but he seems to have gained further traction since then and now the big boys are circling.
His performances against Emirates Marketing Project alone in CL home and away will have put pay to any chances we might've had. He's firmly on the radars of others now.

Oh well, Sander Berge it is then?
Looks like it!

Back