• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Tranmere

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice to see the total lack of respect for the competition and our opponents shown on here, similar to the chauvinism prior to the Wolves game. The one think I know for certain after watching football for over 60 years is that you can't assume victory over any team. Rotation has soften the brain of many and they assume that if you leave a player out of a game he will play better in an other game, simply ridiculous, but never mind give everyone something to moan about. Me I'd pick our best and fittest players as I want us to win the Cup.

Its not a lack of respect at all. Its just football.

Tranmere are a long way down the pyramid from us, we wont need to go at them with a full strength 11.

We do, really, REALLY, need to rest some players. So its a no brainer.

Id guarantee though the bench will be strong, just in case we need them. Theres the respect being shown.

Its not a lack of respect at all. Its just football.

Tranmere are a long way down the pyramid from us, we wont need to go at them with a full strength 11.

We do, really, REALLY, need to rest some players. So its a no brainer.

Id guarantee though the bench will be strong, just in case we need them. Theres the respect being shown.

It is also true that, right now, this is our lowest priority competition. We are two legs away from a League Cup final, third in the Premier League and in the knock out stages of the Champions League.

Ooh, good knowledge clownfoot.

Put it like this, should Spurs sign the "proper monster CB who can play" or is he a bit sh*t?

I always want Spurs to win... but I think we have a LOT of injuries and a LOT of other priorities, so right now we should play reserves and see what happens come March

Monthe isn't a player to be looking at as a signing but he is good for this level. He was getting played as a makeshift left back early in the season and the crowd were getting on his back. Since moving to CB he has become a cult hero.

The crowd tonight will mostly be non Tranmere fans, or at least fans that don't go often, so will be a subdued atmosphere

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Monthe isn't a player to be looking at as a signing but he is good for this level. He was getting played as a makeshift left back early in the season and the crowd were getting on his back. Since moving to CB he has become a cult hero.

The crowd tonight will mostly be non Tranmere fans, or at least fans that don't go often, so will be a subdued atmosphere

Why would the crowd not be mostly Tranmere fans tonight?

We used to be record winners of FA Cup with 8 wins. But since we last won the FA Cup in 1991, ManU and Arsenal have overtaken us while Chelsea equaled it last season. It was really disappointing the way we lost the FA Cup semi final to ManU last season. Annoyingly, we have now lost 8 FA Cup semi finals since 1991. We really need to overcome the semi final jinx if we want to win the FA Cup again. Hope we will go all the way to win it this season. Facing Tranmere away in Round 3 will be tricky for us as we don't know much about them. They are mid table in League 2 and will be fired up to prove their worth to PL clubs like us. We do have a great record against Tranmere, winning 4 and drawing 2 of our past 6 Cup matches against them. For the record, we drew 1-1 away with Tranmere in FA Cup Round 3 before winning the replay 9-1 at home in 1953. Let's hope we will do enough to overcome Tranmere in this match to progress to Round 4.

Can see us making many changes for this match. Hope we will have a balanced team to face Tranmere and a strong bench. Can see the likes of Kane, Erksen and Alli rested for this match. I think Llorente and Moura should start in attack. Maybe Alli and Kane should be on the bench just in case we need them.

Our options seems very limited in midfield due to injury problems. Too bad Dembele and Wanyama are still out injured, I think Sissoko needs a rest. Maybe Winks or Skipp and Nkoudou can start in midfield. It will be really disappointing if Nkoudou does not start this match. Really don't want us to start any unknown youngsters in midfield.

Our defence need to be well balanced. Too bad Vertonghen is still out injured. Alderweireld does needs rest but don't think we can afford to start error-prone Foyth and Sanchez together in defence. If Alderweireld doesn't start, then Davies should partner either Foyth or Sanchez. Surely, Gazzaniga should replace Lloris as the goalie in this match. Hope the defence will do enough to keep the clean sheet in this match.

We have never been convincing in any Cup matches under Pochettino. That is mainly due to us making many chances to our Cup teams. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Tranmere and progress to the next round of the FA Cup.

Last edited:
The regular crowd is probably quite small.
Isn’t that the same as every cup tie away to minnows?

Last season away at Newport and Rochdale would have been the same yet the atmosphere was pretty raucous. At least it seemed that way on tv.

Everybody dance now!

Unknown teams like Tranmere always lift their game in Cup matches. Tranmere won't make it easy for us. We need to treat them with due respect. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win to progress to the Round 4 of the FA Cup.

------------------Gazza--------------------

--KWP-----Sanchez---Foyth----Davies--

-------------Skipp-----Winks*------------

------Moura-------Dele------GKN-------

------------------Llorente-----------------

subs: Vorm, Eyoma, Aurier, Sissoko, Oakley-Booth, Parrott, Son

* Winks to play 45 and then Sissoko or TOB 45 mins

I'd go for that too.

I'd like to see TOB given some game time, as he looked a real talent 12 months ago before his injury

Why would the crowd not be mostly Tranmere fans tonight?

It's a reduced capacity and sold out. I know Tranmere fans who didn't get a ticket. Liverpool and Everton are obviously more supported in Merseyside, but people are out priced from going to those games. A game like this gives people a chance to day trip to a match and see a prem team in action.

There will be a lot of complaining from the Tranmere fan base after this game. All on deaf ears, mind, as they will be making money off the game

------------------Gazza--------------------

--Aurier-----Sanchez---Davies----KWP--

-------------Skipp-----Foyth----GKN---

----------------------Moura-----

---------------Parrott----Llorente-----------------

Would love to see that but its unlikely, Would way prefer to take a big risk and rest players considering the current and future fixture congestion

------------Gazza-----------

KWP--Sanchez--Foyth--Davies

----Skipp---Winks*----

--Moura--Son/Dele--GKN

------Llorente--------

*Will probably have to alternate with Sissoko to stop one of them having to play about 10 games in 20 games.

Great news about the injured players coming back. Is Aurier back as well then? Wasn't in the squad against Cardiff but not explicitly mentioned in the team news?

Poch confirmed his availability in the presser.

Wrong Jerry:

bc6e000dba46dd757d5f245506b2086d--uk-actors-british-actors.jpg

Right Gerry:

1493389796-dd9189b126c8b7d054fd49ddf4190695-600x449.jpg

I'd hope we play Foyth and Davies in CB with Sanchez and Alderwiereld on the bench if needed. Plus start with Llorente, Moura and possibly Son.

Not sure we have much leeway in CM though Skipp likely to start you'd think.

Need a very minimalist put-the-game-to-bed-early win like Cardiff then onto Chelsea on Tuesday.

COYS

Please!

Back