• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Not talking specifically about his latest quotes, the point is a general one. Literally any hint of negativity in something Poch says and you will get told by several on here he means something different (I’m sure these posters know Poch personally so I shouldn’t really question). But role reversal and it’s taken as gospel. Heaven forbid things aren’t always all rosy at Spurs....

I think a lot of the time (and it's kind of what Poch is getting at with the above) is that for most of his tenure, things just have been rosy. No other way around it. So we don't need to assume there's something going massively wrong when we go a window without signing someone. Again, as Poch says, if we trust him then we can see it in a positive way rather than a negative. There were so many people keen to say it was an example of how Levy wasn't backing him / Poch wouldn't be happy etc, barely anyone was considering the notion that it was as much Poch's idea to keep a tight squad together as anyone's.

I think Poch is a genuinely different specimen, and a special character, so it is hard for a lot of people to understand that if he is saying something, it isn't the end of the world, and that he actually means something else. His uniqueness in terms of how he operates and the way he views the world is the reason for his success.

There are obviously times when things haven't been rosy - Rose going to The Sun, needing to bomb out the bomb squad at the start, the capitulation at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the poor start to our time at Wembley - but every time Poch has dealt with it and improved us. He is asking for trust and he has earned it. I think we as Spurs fans are used to the old perception of us as a club, and I think he wants the fans to start taking some pride in what we have, and showing some belief, because if that belief that we fudging deserve everything we can get can filter to the players, it might give us another edge.

Have to say Poch is done brilliantly to rest Kane in two big games (Leicester and Scum) and STILL win both. Hats off to him for managing Kane's fitness.

You two are frankly laughable!

Relax. I don't think it can be argued that all posters on here can be selective when it comes to interpreting Poch's quotes in the media. Anything that can be perceived with the slightest negativity is usually shot down as a misquote or not to take him so literally.

I think Poch is a fairly straight talking guy and whilst I agree he sometimes is not literal with everything he says, he's an intelligent guy and I personally don't find it too hard to make sense of what he is saying. In this case, he wants the fans to back the club more and not freak out if we don't sign anyone in January but to reiterate what I said before, I honestly feel the majority of the fanbase are behind him. If there is any discontent it's a fraction of the fanbase at worst.

Have to say Poch is done brilliantly to rest Kane in two big games (Leicester and Scum) and STILL win both. Hats off to him for managing Kane's fitness.

Relax. I don't think it can be argued that all posters on here can be selective when it comes to interpreting Poch's quotes in the media. Anything that can be perceived with the slightest negativity is usually shot down as a misquote or not to take him so literally.

I think Poch is a fairly straight talking guy and whilst I agree he sometimes is not literal with everything he says, he's an intelligent guy and I personally don't find it too hard to make sense of what he is saying. In this case, he wants the fans to back the club more and not freak out if we don't sign anyone in January but to reiterate what I said before, I honestly feel the majority of the fanbase are behind him. If there is any discontent it's a fraction of the fanbase at worst.
Mate you can keep repeating that line about the way Poch is interpreted all you like, but everyone knows the opposite is true on here.

Trump has a lot to answer for!

By the way which part of those quotes made you talk about the fan base wanting him sacked?

I think a lot of the time (and it's kind of what Poch is getting at with the above) is that for most of his tenure, things just have been rosy. No other way around it. So we don't need to assume there's something going massively wrong when we go a window without signing someone. Again, as Poch says, if we trust him then we can see it in a positive way rather than a negative. There were so many people keen to say it was an example of how Levy wasn't backing him / Poch wouldn't be happy etc, barely anyone was considering the notion that it was as much Poch's idea to keep a tight squad together as anyone's.

I think Poch is a genuinely different specimen, and a special character, so it is hard for a lot of people to understand that if he is saying something, it isn't the end of the world, and that he actually means something else. His uniqueness in terms of how he operates and the way he views the world is the reason for his success.

There are obviously times when things haven't been rosy - Rose going to The Sun, needing to bomb out the bomb squad at the start, the capitulation at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the poor start to our time at Wembley - but every time Poch has dealt with it and improved us. He is asking for trust and he has earned it. I think we as Spurs fans are used to the old perception of us as a club, and I think he wants the fans to start taking some pride in what we have, and showing some belief, because if that belief that we fudging deserve everything we can get can filter to the players, it might give us another edge.
Of course I don’t disagree with any of that, was just agreeing with Jurgens general point about how any Poch quotes are dismissed if negative. In fact it’s like it on here with most things. I remember posting months ago that my hairdresser spoke to a youth coach at Spurs who said test events had been cancelled and it was instantly shot down as nonsense. Low and behold a day or two later the announcements were made. There are countless examples of anything negative being dismissed on here, like we should all live in some la la land where only good things happen to us now because we’ve established ourselves as a top 4 team....

I'm just going to whisper this, because I don't really want to take part in the speculation frenzy, and I reckon Poch will stay with us for quite a few more years still ...

(... but if he does leave - get Jesus Perez in his place, knows the team, the system, everything, and speaks better English than Poch. ;))
Jesus is the real genius Poch is just the front man!

Jokes aside I think Poch and his back room team arrived and operate as a package, which might add some more complexity to any move they make without Levys blessing.

Mate you can keep repeating that line about the way Poch is interpreted all you like, but everyone knows the opposite is true on here.

Trump has a lot to answer for!

By the way which part of those quotes made you talk about the fan base wanting him sacked?

Nowhere, was just a general comment that the vast majority of the fan base are behind Poch even if they do sometimes question some of his decisions. I’ve heard some united fans question Fergie (albeit not very often) but it doesn’t mean they didn’t support him.

Nowhere, was just a general comment that the vast majority of the fan base are behind Poch even if they do sometimes question some of his decisions. I’ve heard some united fans question Fergie (albeit not very often) but it doesn’t mean they didn’t support him.

Any Spurs fan not behind Poch is an idiot to be honest. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but I can’t see how anyone could realistically have done a whole lot better with us than Poch has done.

Even if that person did exist, they’re probably managing a club with limitless resources like Emirates Marketing Project.

Levy got us up near the top table but Poch got us a seat and made sure we aren’t budging.

Doesn't sound like a man wanting to leave, does it? Also a good message for all the naysaying negative nancies on teletext and what have you.

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/totten...have-more-faith-in-me-and-the-club-pochettino

"In this football club, if some bad results arrive the situation is going to turn again," Pochettino said. "All the positives today will be reversed and become negatives, because we're still not solid in our ideas. We believe but don't really believe. We're happy but not so happy. I think there's still massive work to do.

"I'm not talking about inside of the club, I talk about the perception outside, the people outside. We're so fragile. We're still not solid enough as a club to support some good and some bad [periods] because the perception of the people can affect the club.

"I think we're changing a lot and we're going to change, if we have time to do that. But our self-belief is still so fragile.

"We're doing fantastically but if we don't sign in January people say we're going to struggle. It's all negative, rather than saying, 'If Tottenham don't sign anyone it's because they believe that they're going to, or that they have the tools to, perform well and maybe challenge for the title.

"The doubt is always negative, never positive. Maybe that's because of the history, because of what happened in the past. We need to fight with this perception. Of course, we need to read the media, listen to the fans, but in the end, we need to feel free to take the decisions."

"When Ben Davies was going to play as a centre-back against Burnley, the perception is, 'Oh but Ben Davies is not a centre-back,'" he said.

"But after two games, two clean sheets -- a first clean sheet at the Emirates against Arsenal and a clean sheet against Burnley -- and two victories, now the people are like, 'Wow, yes, amazing performance from Ben Davies.' But before it was negative, rather than saying, 'OK we're going to see what happens. Then we're going to criticise or praise.'

"All the decisions are always taken in the negative way, and in that [way] it's so difficult to build something special and a strong structure for the future to win.

"The answer is to win games. In the end, the consequence is going to be to win trophies, to be competitive, always to be proud about your team, about your players.

"I think of the case of when we signed Paulo Gazzaniga. The people criticised: 'Oh we've signed a third keeper.'

"We signed him one-and-a-half years ago from Southampton and the perception was, 'Oh we cannot introduce the player [as our first summer signing] because it looks like we don't have ambition.'

"It's so poor, no? It's so bad. It's a shame because after one year-and-a-half Paulo kept a clean sheet against Arsenal for the first time at the Emirates, and he was fantastic yesterday."

I fudging love this man. :)

Doesn't sound like a man wanting to leave, does it? Also a good message for all the naysaying negative nancies on teletext and what have you.

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/totten...have-more-faith-in-me-and-the-club-pochettino

"In this football club, if some bad results arrive the situation is going to turn again," Pochettino said. "All the positives today will be reversed and become negatives, because we're still not solid in our ideas. We believe but don't really believe. We're happy but not so happy. I think there's still massive work to do.

"I'm not talking about inside of the club, I talk about the perception outside, the people outside. We're so fragile. We're still not solid enough as a club to support some good and some bad [periods] because the perception of the people can affect the club.

"I think we're changing a lot and we're going to change, if we have time to do that. But our self-belief is still so fragile.

"We're doing fantastically but if we don't sign in January people say we're going to struggle. It's all negative, rather than saying, 'If Tottenham don't sign anyone it's because they believe that they're going to, or that they have the tools to, perform well and maybe challenge for the title.

"The doubt is always negative, never positive. Maybe that's because of the history, because of what happened in the past. We need to fight with this perception. Of course, we need to read the media, listen to the fans, but in the end, we need to feel free to take the decisions."

"When Ben Davies was going to play as a centre-back against Burnley, the perception is, 'Oh but Ben Davies is not a centre-back,'" he said.

"But after two games, two clean sheets -- a first clean sheet at the Emirates against Arsenal and a clean sheet against Burnley -- and two victories, now the people are like, 'Wow, yes, amazing performance from Ben Davies.' But before it was negative, rather than saying, 'OK we're going to see what happens. Then we're going to criticise or praise.'

"All the decisions are always taken in the negative way, and in that [way] it's so difficult to build something special and a strong structure for the future to win.

"The answer is to win games. In the end, the consequence is going to be to win trophies, to be competitive, always to be proud about your team, about your players.

"I think of the case of when we signed Paulo Gazzaniga. The people criticised: 'Oh we've signed a third keeper.'

"We signed him one-and-a-half years ago from Southampton and the perception was, 'Oh we cannot introduce the player [as our first summer signing] because it looks like we don't have ambition.'

"It's so poor, no? It's so bad. It's a shame because after one year-and-a-half Paulo kept a clean sheet against Arsenal for the first time at the Emirates, and he was fantastic yesterday."

I fudging love this man. :)

I do too. But he says different things at different times. He says 'I have no money to spend in January', 'it's so, so difficult to build things the way we're doing', and even 'we *can't* continually compete at the top like this' ('we can't keep thinking we are clever', or something).

And then he also says things like this.

I think the fans trust Poch - I do, almost completely. I think he's the best thing that could have happened to this club, short of being bought by more ambitious owners.

But I don't believe he's been backed much. And I believe he's been forced to compete with one hand tied behind his back as a result. Both those things lead me to suspect the worst whenever we go through our record-breaking penniless transfer windows - because Levy has previous for being cheap and risk-averse to the point of harming his own club, and Joe Lewis has form for being utterly uninterested in his 'asset'.

It has little to do with Poch - I absolutely love the guy. But do I think he's being backed? No. And that's why these barren, utterly silent transfer windows will continue to sadden me.

I do too. But he says different things at different times. He says 'I have no money to spend in January', 'it's so, so difficult to build things the way we're doing', and even 'we *can't* continually compete at the top like this' ('we can't keep thinking we are clever', or something).

And then he also says things like this.

I think the fans trust Poch - I do, almost completely. I think he's the best thing that could have happened to this club, short of being bought by more ambitious owners.

But I don't believe he's been backed much. And I believe he's been forced to compete with one hand tied behind his back as a result. Both those things lead me to suspect the worst whenever we go through our record-breaking penniless transfer windows - because Levy has previous for being cheap and risk-averse to the point of harming his own club, and Joe Lewis has form for being utterly uninterested in his 'asset'.

It has little to do with Poch - I absolutely love the guy. But do I think he's being backed? No. And that's why these barren, utterly silent transfer windows will continue to sadden me.

I do think that there is a danger that you can read things and take them in a different context to what their said

The comment about being brave at the end of of last season so many ways it’s scary

I took it as we had to do things different to what we had done previous and for me giving Poch and Kane mega money, long contracts as being brave... others assumed that it meant we were gonna spend £200m on players which may well have been the case, we don’t know !!!!

I see Carragher’s gobbing all over spurs ambition in a Telegraph piece.

Yawn.

Know your place fans in a know your place country.

The divine right of dead Kings.

About as conservative an attitude as it is possible to hold.

Back