• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

They don't, that is fan talk only, the money they have spent with Jose is desperation money, they want CL and success instantly.

United is a big draw, the question is, are they a fit?
- Poch will want to dump players with a bad attitude, if Pogba, Sanchez, Lukkaku are those, would he be allowed?
- While the squad has amazing players (add Mata, De Gea, Martial, etc to above list), there are many players who play regularly that wouldn't get into any other top 6 side (Young, most of the CB's, Fellaini, etc.), so a lot of buying to do.

And while they have cash, they are still not 1st choice, City, PSG, Real, Barca are all going to be looking to add over summer.

To me, it comes down to what we do, vs. what United do.

- If Levy convinces Poch there is money to make a significant buy or two that will help the squad actually challenge, then I think Poch will stay.
- If we play the card that for next 3 years, we will be looking only at bargains, it may be hard to resist.

There was a definite theme over the summer of the Utd board resisting Mourinhos desire to sell younger players (Martial, Shaw) and buy older players (Alderweireld etc).

He has been buying younger players since being there, and given his general mistreatment of them and constant bleating for experience Id suggest thats club mandate and not his preference.

Which for me says youth is very much on the agenda, above instant success.

Given the money they have tinkled up the wall these last 5 years it shouldnt come as any surprise they are looking at a more sustainable model going forwards.

Though I do agree with you - that is a MASSIVE rebuilding job. Its not only about which players are top 6 quality etc, but also - which even suit Poch? I think the list is short, which means at least a couple of years worth of rebuilding for him if he went there.

Of course, theres enough quality to make do, but it would be a job years in the making.

I think you're all worrying too much. Father Poch will come in and calm everyone down in due time. :)

I guarantee, right now, that after his next press conference this place will go critical.

Poch wont dismiss it, he will be complimentary about them, and he will say he has a job and work to do here, and probably "this is football" or some such. And people will then read into it what they like, which on here will almost certainly be the worst case scenario.

There's bound to be leading question after leading question about Man U in the presser (and little else, I shouldn't wonder), all of which he'll straight-bat away while leaving the door firmly open. Count the number of times he says, "Look" and "You know" and "In fútbol, anything is possible".

'No, first of all I want to send my best wishes to Jose Mourinho,' he said. 'I feel so sorry, I have a very good relationship with him and he's a very good friend. Sad news, what happened today.

'It is not my business what is happening at another club. I only want to send my best wishes to Jose.

'I think after nearly five years that a lot of rumour happens with my position here at Tottenham. I can't answer this type of question, rumours happen in football.

'I respect a lot the opinion of everyone, when they praise me, say different things. We know very well rumours happen, it is not my business what happens at another club. I am so focused with delivering at this club.'

I can't see why he would want to go there. He has a better squad, Stadium and training facilities here at Spurs. He is paid very well and in with a good chance of CL football next season. As I have said before there is nothing he can achieve there that he can't achieve here.

I can't see why he would want to go there. He has a better squad, Stadium and training facilities here at Spurs. He is paid very well and in with a good chance of CL football next season. As I have said before there is nothing he can achieve there that he can't achieve here.

You are mostly right...but one thing they may offer is more money to spend right now...

#AllEyezOnLevy

Poch spends all this time building a team in his own image, starts sorting the youth system out, great training facilities, and new ground. Still has the challenge of winning something. London pull factor. And then walks away to Man U. I don't see it myself.
I don't think salary will persuade him - and possibly not player money as - providing he keeps squad together -we are only a couple of players off a very very good team.
And even at Man U, are they ever going to compete with the money and set up at Emirates Marketing Project.

I think Poch only goes to a big mainland European team, or possibly Emirates Marketing Project when Pep goes. And not for at least one more season.

They don't, that is fan talk only, the money they have spent with Jose is desperation money, they want CL and success instantly.

United is a big draw, the question is, are they a fit?
- Poch will want to dump players with a bad attitude, if Pogba, Sanchez, Lukkaku are those, would he be allowed?
- While the squad has amazing players (add Mata, De Gea, Martial, etc to above list), there are many players who play regularly that wouldn't get into any other top 6 side (Young, most of the CB's, Fellaini, etc.), so a lot of buying to do.

And while they have cash, they are still not 1st choice, City, PSG, Real, Barca are all going to be looking to add over summer.

To me, it comes down to what we do, vs. what United do.

- If Levy convinces Poch there is money to make a significant buy or two that will help the squad actually challenge, then I think Poch will stay.
- If we play the card that for next 3 years, we will be looking only at bargains, it may be hard to resist.

I agree. There are a handful of players there that I could see buying into Poch's methods and him improving but there is a hell of a lot of deadwood to clear out too. Would he be given a free hand in transfers or would they interfere and force marquee signings on him?

There was a definite theme over the summer of the Utd board resisting Mourinhos desire to sell younger players (Martial, Shaw) and buy older players (Alderweireld etc).

He has been buying younger players since being there, and given his general mistreatment of them and constant bleating for experience Id suggest thats club mandate and not his preference.

Which for me says youth is very much on the agenda, above instant success.

Given the money they have tinkled up the wall these last 5 years it shouldnt come as any surprise they are looking at a more sustainable model going forwards.

Though I do agree with you - that is a MASSIVE rebuilding job. Its not only about which players are top 6 quality etc, but also - which even suit Poch? I think the list is short, which means at least a couple of years worth of rebuilding for him if he went there.

Of course, theres enough quality to make do, but it would be a job years in the making.

I guarantee, right now, that after his next press conference this place will go critical.

Poch wont dismiss it, he will be complimentary about them, and he will say he has a job and work to do here, and probably "this is football" or some such. And people will then read into it what they like, which on here will almost certainly be the worst case scenario.

Agreed with all of that.

He is the perfect hire for United. I just don't know that they are the perfect move for him. We're just about to enter the era that he has been waiting for with us. Why give it up to start again with a club that is on it's knees, will need completely picking up and even then there is a risk that the club doesn't take to him?

The only reason would be to get paid silly money in his contract, and that of his coaching staff. Levy will just have to give him another bump. If Poch does go, it will be a bit of a surprise.

serious answer, I have no idea, but I'd be very surprised if Levy doesn't have a constantly evolving list of who is next

Agreed with all of that.

He is the perfect hire for United. I just don't know that they are the perfect move for him. We're just about to enter the era that he has been waiting for with us. Why give it up to start again with a club that is on it's knees, will need completely picking up and even then there is a risk that the club doesn't take to him?

The only reason would be to get paid silly money in his contract, and that of his coaching staff. Levy will just have to give him another bump. If Poch does go, it will be a bit of a surprise.

Lets be fair, its not just money, its Utd. GLOBAL club.

As much as Spurs are the only club for me, Utd are a mega level club. They are up there with the Madrids and Barcas of this world. That alone has pull.

Back