• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Again - and not trying to be argumentative - I disagree.

After 3 years of Mourinho sucking the joy out of football, dire football, and watching the team go backwards year on year - for him to go, that alone would make me hopeful for the furture.

Seriously, if Mourinho ever took over at Spurs my interest in the club would go on hiatus until he was gone. I dont think I could go through it.

To then have someone like Pochettino come in, known for building fudging good teams, competitive, hard to beat, exciting to watch teams - Id be so elated the rest of the season would simply be exciting for me. I honestly dont believe Id be expecting anything other than to see the improvements in the team, the new shape, and be excited by the work taking place.

EDIT: Now, if it was following Fergie - I wouldnt be arguing with you. But you need to put it into perspective, Moyes, LVG, Mourinho - after that run youd be nothing but grateful for someone like Poch!

Fair enough mate, we’ll agree to disagree. I can see your point, I just think you don’t get a completely free ride at a club like United even if they are more patient than most.

The thing is, they talk about youth promotion, but even Poch had admitted that with the expectations at Spurs increasing year on year, so has the chances of promoting youth decreased.

His first and second season with us was an exception as he had the time. I'd imagine that at UTD he'd get a years grace where their youth would have a chance to impress. After that it would be a summer of heavy spending.

I'm also thinking that UTD will need a complete overhaul. Matic, Shaw, Herrerra, Rashford, Martial and perhaps Lingard are Poch players. The rest don't convince me.

In spite of all that, I expect that he will go. No doubt he's looked at their squad and worked all this out in his head. The only thing will be whether or not he risks it as it's gonna be realistically 2 years before they challenge.

GNev is right, Poch is the best manager in the league, why would you not want him, same as Madrid and loads of other teams

I 400% think Poch is staying

Think Pep and Klopp would disagree. They’ve both won trophies and have done better in the CL than Poch.

As to whether he stays or not, I think the next few weeks will tell us more. If we make no signings then I can see Poch getting fed up and walking away, especially if a bigger club like United come calling. At the same time he seems happy here for now so there’s no immediate need to panic.

Manchester United paid a staggering £537,000 to put Jose Mourinho up in the Lowry hotel during his two-and-a-half year spell as Red Devils boss.

Pretty damning, really. Even he knows he wont last anywhere long enough to make it worth settling there.

Manchester United paid a staggering £537,000 to put Jose Mourinho up in the Lowry hotel during his two-and-a-half year spell as Red Devils boss.

Pretty damning, really. Even he knows he wont last anywhere long enough to make it worth settling there.

That was for family reasons wasn't it?

Would have cost twice as much to buy him a decent house.

It's not an unreasonable proposition, even if meant as a joke. The two worked very well together and they haven't done as well without the other since. But human pride being what it is we will never know if they still have the chemistry.

I most certainly did not mean it as a joke.

Id really love to see Mourinho take over a mid table team.

Have to work with limited players, limited budget, more tooth and nail week to week.

Its the thing thats missing from his resume. He has never built a team up, developed a side beyond its standing. Not really.

Never developed players, never been canny in the market, never had to adapt his methods to suit what he has to work with.

If he could do that, he would really prove something.

I suspect he cant, and I suspect thats why he'll never do it - but Id love to see him try.

Back