• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

IF and it’s a big IF Levy caves into United we are back to square one and selling our best players we don’t want to (in this case manager) To clubs like Utd

What message does that send out?

The vultures will circle

I dont think thats true at all.

"Back to square one". It would be the first time in YEARS we will have lost an asset we didnt want/plan too.

YEARS.

When thats the case, its not "woe is me, we are back to the old days of losing anything good...", its simply football. It happens.

There is a chance he'll go. United is a very attractive job because they are a massive club and don't have stupid expectations like Madrid. If it is Poch, I don't see this rumbling on until the summer because 6 months is a long time to have questions at every press conference which he can't deny. It's not a tenable situation. If it is Poch, I'd expect something to happen sooner.

That said, it could be Zidane or someone just as easily. I'm worried because I could see why he'd want it but it's far from a certainty. We are a very attractive proposition too and the best case scenario is that he uses the situation to leverage some funds for the squad out of Levy, Zidane takes the job and gets exposed in the role as being not quite as good as his Madrid stint suggested he was.

Blimey. Is our faith in Poch really that fragile?
I just can't see him wanting to leave at this stage.
Everything he says implies he is happy where he is.
I know that such words are easy, but he is clearly a man of principle.
I may be naive and will be very sad indeed if I am wrong but I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.

I wish I could be so optimistic. I really hope he is here for 20 years. But having lost key players over the past I cant help have a cup half full view on this for a change. We all know even happy players or managers can be turned.

I dont think thats true at all.

"Back to square one". It would be the first time in YEARS we will have lost an asset we didnt want/plan too.

YEARS.

When thats the case, its not "woe is me, we are back to the old days of losing anything good...", its simply football. It happens.

If he goes I’m certain a couple of players would follow.

Sadly not nkoudou and Llorente haha

If he goes I’m certain a couple of players would follow.

Sadly not nkoudou and Llorente haha

Remember all the fuss about the "genius" Liverpool deal when selling Coutinho to Barca? Something like a £150m premium/penalty if they come back for another player anytime soon.

You think if Poch goes goes Levy wont leverage every last concession he can out of it?

First refusal on their players, protection against sales to them, massive compensation - you name it - if Poch does go (IF) it wont be clean and easy, and Id guarantee it wont be so simple for them to follow up with bids on our players.

IF and it’s a big IF Levy caves into United we are back to square one and selling our best players we don’t want to (in this case manager) To clubs like Utd

What message does that send out?

The vultures will circle

I disagree, managers are always temporary, we are in a good place, if we hire the correct person the progress will continue

I am going to try and look at this from an outside point of view.

Man United are a massive club. They hire the best managers around. Apart from Moyes who was Fergies recommendation
they normally would go for a manager with a proven winning record? So surely that would rule Poch out for now?

BUT. They also want to develop some of their own players. And Poch is proven at doing that. And he has us punching above
our weight. The press are going to run with this one for a very long time now. I hope they target someone like Zidane or
the Juve Manager.

I really hope we dont lose poch. But if we do we need to bring in someone who works well with youth players and plays
a similar system to us. I would want Eddie Howe that is for sure. But I hope Levy does all in his power to keep Poch
forever. Now is the time to continue to back him. I believe we can pay Poch Top Dollar. We just need to show we can
get him over the top with our team.

They don't, that is fan talk only, the money they have spent with Jose is desperation money, they want CL and success instantly.

United is a big draw, the question is, are they a fit?
- Poch will want to dump players with a bad attitude, if Pogba, Sanchez, Lukkaku are those, would he be allowed?
- While the squad has amazing players (add Mata, De Gea, Martial, etc to above list), there are many players who play regularly that wouldn't get into any other top 6 side (Young, most of the CB's, Fellaini, etc.), so a lot of buying to do.

And while they have cash, they are still not 1st choice, City, PSG, Real, Barca are all going to be looking to add over summer.

To me, it comes down to what we do, vs. what United do.

- If Levy convinces Poch there is money to make a significant buy or two that will help the squad actually challenge, then I think Poch will stay.
- If we play the card that for next 3 years, we will be looking only at bargains, it may be hard to resist.

Whatever way you look at it it's good timing from United.

They sack him now and make the unhappy players happier just before the january transfer window.

They unsettle Pochettino and the Spurs players which could result in a dip in performances from us, which ultimately helps push United's hopes for 4th qualification - but unlikely still.

Gives them a lot of time to poach Pochettino and persuade him that the grass is greener at United.

TBF it's a step up, as they are the bigger club. Let's see what Poch's reaction is in his press conference today.

But, you cannot blame him if he does go. He signed a new deal recently but did Levy promise him signings and he ended up not getting any? We don't know that for a fact but we all know the money isnt there for him whereas it would be at United.

They sack him now and make the unhappy players happier just before the january transfer window.

They unsettle Pochettino and the Spurs players which could result in a dip in performances from us, which ultimately helps push United's hopes for 4th qualification - but unlikely still.

Gives them a lot of time to poach Pochettino and persuade him that the grass is greener at United.

TBF it's a step up, as they are the bigger club. Let's see what Poch's reaction is in his press conference today.

But, you cannot blame him if he does go. He signed a new deal recently but did Levy promise him signings and he ended up not getting any? We don't know that for a fact but we all know the money isnt there for him whereas it would be at United.

What are you like in daily life ... I despair

Don't you want Pochettino gone pretty much every week until we score to go ahead?

I just wonder whether this is how the SCBC fans felt a few years ago.

I really hope the new stadium and continued CL football is enough of a carrot to keep Poch, at least this time. Big clubs will come knocking on his door again and again and again. Like Bale, we have someone at the club who could walk into any just about club in the world.

It's the hope that kills you.

Or..it gives us a lot of time to make them as unattractive as possible, compared to us;)

I just wonder whether this is how the SCBC fans felt a few years ago.

I really hope the new stadium and continued CL football is enough of a carrot to keep Poch, at least this time. Big clubs will come knocking on his door again and again and again. Like Bale, we have someone at the club who could walk into any just about club in the world.

It's the hope that kills you.

I agree and fair points.

It's all in OUR hands though:cool:

Back