• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I’m not sure at all how this one will pan out. Utd have set their stall out by going with a caretaker - they are going to throw everything at Poch. It’ll come down to if he wants it. I’ve a feeling he’ll stick with us for another 18 months at least.

The caretaker thing doesn't mean anything, it could be just something to tell the press today.

It’s going to be ZZ

he’s been learning English for a while now, why would he want to do that unless he has something lined up.....

I imagine he wants nothing to do with this season thus the delay.

Saying that mopo should be asking for a football player shaped Xmas present

His method is only because he doesn't have the money to spend so needs to find another way. Utd he can do what he wants.

I disagree.

Spending money, no matter how much, doesnt automatically foster the bond he does with and between his players, its doesnt make them instantly understand his pressing tactics, nor does it mean they will simply be to his fitness standards.

There is a lot in how he works that simply takes time.

Poch either goes now or not at all. No way he walks into that stadium as the first Tottenham manager to do so then leaves two months down the line. That would take Cajones the size of Brazil

It took cajones the size of Brazil to see the team needed some fresh blood in the summer and sign no-one...:p

I am going to try and look at this from an outside point of view.

Man United are a massive club. They hire the best managers around. Apart from Moyes who was Fergies recommendation
they normally would go for a manager with a proven winning record? So surely that would rule Poch out for now?

BUT. They also want to develop some of their own players. And Poch is proven at doing that. And he has us punching above
our weight. The press are going to run with this one for a very long time now. I hope they target someone like Zidane or
the Juve Manager.

I really hope we dont lose poch. But if we do we need to bring in someone who works well with youth players and plays
a similar system to us. I would want Eddie Howe that is for sure. But I hope Levy does all in his power to keep Poch
forever. Now is the time to continue to back him. I believe we can pay Poch Top Dollar. We just need to show we can
get him over the top with our team.

I am going to try and look at this from an outside point of view.

Man United are a massive club. They hire the best managers around. Apart from Moyes who was Fergies recommendation
they normally would go for a manager with a proven winning record? So surely that would rule Poch out for now?

BUT. They also want to develop some of their own players. And Poch is proven at doing that. And he has us punching above
our weight. The press are going to run with this one for a very long time now. I hope they target someone like Zidane or
the Juve Manager.

I really hope we dont lose poch. But if we do we need to bring in someone who works well with youth players and plays
a similar system to us. I would want Eddie Howe that is for sure. But I hope Levy does all in his power to keep Poch
forever. Now is the time to continue to back him. I believe we can pay Poch Top Dollar. We just need to show we can
get him over the top with our team.

Paying poch top dollar is immaterial; only Jose and Pep are/were being paid more.
It's paying for players that Poch WANTS that's the key.
I agree with your general sentiments; as along as Poch gets a player or two that he WANTS/NEEDS in January then all will be fine imo

I disagree.

Spending money, no matter how much, doesnt automatically foster the bond he does with and between his players, its doesnt make them instantly understand his pressing tactics, nor does it mean they will simply be to his fitness standards.

There is a lot in how he works that simply takes time.

You telling me if you could speed up the process by buying the "right " players you wouldn't ? In fact. Maybe he doesn't mind not buying players as this gives him less pressure.

It’s going to be ZZ

he’s been learning English for a while now, why would he want to do that unless he has something lined up.....

I imagine he wants nothing to do with this season thus the delay.

Saying that mopo should be asking for a football player shaped Xmas present

I hope so but he's better off coming in now. Has half a season and a preseason to put things right. If they wanted him they would be after him now.

Where is the new united guy (whoever he is) going to get these 'better' players?
They are now as rare as rocking horse poo.
They can no longer outbid teams and as a club.

Wait till Danny see the dollar signs. If we do sell, can see us getting Chris Hughton in

Its an interesting point, who would be on Daniels short list of managers in case we lose Poch.

Id guarantee Hughton isnt on it, but who might be?

Silva at Everton would have some interest, IMO.

You telling me if you could speed up the process by buying the "right " players you wouldn't ? In fact. Maybe he doesn't mind not buying players as this gives him less pressure.

Possibly? Thats a different point to suggesting he only works as he does because he has his hands tied in the market, and that things would be different at Utd though.

Which, personally, I think is nonsense. He has clear and distinct values and ideas in how a team should play, which take time to bed in regardless of resources.

IF and it’s a big IF Levy caves into United we are back to square one and selling our best players we don’t want to (in this case manager) To clubs like Utd

What message does that send out?

The vultures will circle

Blimey. Is our faith in Poch really that fragile?
I just can't see him wanting to leave at this stage.
Everything he says implies he is happy where he is.
I know that such words are easy, but he is clearly a man of principle.
I may be naive and will be very sad indeed if I am wrong but I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.

Back