• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don't suppose Levy would let Poch move mid season to any club for whatever fee. And it's not like Poch can (or will) force his way out, so I reckon we're pretty safe here.

problem is, if Poch wants to go then being forced to stay is probably worse for the squad in the long run

Levy should get his commitment this morning or fire him right now

(yes the second one is a joke)

Temp manager until the end of the season. This ones gonna run the long run

A bit afraid you're right about this though. Then again, poch has spoken so sweetly about wanting to win something with us. Would he really leave for the shambles that is United now or in the summer? He'd have to rebuild it all, with lots of pressure on from day one. I'm not so sure he'd go for it at this point.

Poch either goes now or not at all. No way he walks into that stadium as the first Tottenham manager to do so then leaves two months down the line. That would take Cajones the size of Brazil

giphy.gif

Sigh... indeed.

if he feels he has been lied to about funds

If he felt that he would have already gone to Real.

He would need his brains testing to work at the current version of Man U they are a mess and Real also need big changes to revamp the squad.
Both jobs are not secure and come with huge pressures.

He sounds like an honourable person and appears to have full control over the football side, with his project in full flow. Both his sons work at the club and his staff are as much part of the package as him and appear settled in London too. The new stadium is a huge marker in our history which should provide more albeit not bottomless resources to carry on improving the team. Hopefully the combination of these factors means he would prefer to stay and although I don’t think money is a big motivator for him but Levy should be able to make a gesture to show him how important he is to the club. We should do the same (vocally) next home game.
It will be hard enough to lose him under any circumstances but even worse if it’s domestically as we’d have to play him twice a season, our players could still interact with him and woud see a move as a small upheaval and I’m sure he’d make United great again! On a lesser scale I felt the same about selling our best players domestically too.

He sounds like an honourable person and appears to have full control over the football side, with his project in full flow. Both his sons work at the club and his staff are as much part of the package as him and appear settled in London too. The new stadium is a huge marker in our history which should provide more albeit not bottomless resources to carry on improving the team. Hopefully the combination of these factors means he would prefer to stay and although I don’t think money is a big motivator for him but Levy should be able to make a gesture to show him how important he is to the club. We should do the same (vocally) next home game.
It will be hard enough to lose him under any circumstances but even worse if it’s domestically as we’d have to play him twice a season, our players could still interact with him and woud see a move as a small upheaval and I’m sure he’d make United great again! On a lesser scale I felt the same about selling our best players domestically too.

He is already one of the highest paid around, isnt he?

There are a myriad of reasons I think it makes sense for him to stay. The key one for me is the leg work he has already done here.

His way takes time, its not instant impact, and he has his process 4 years in now and gearing up for more progression.

In doing so, he has also earned autonomy (as you say) and holds a great deal of clout at the club. Not something readily available with a move.

A lot will come down to just what potential he sees with us, IMO.

Impossible to argue Utd arent appealing, as much of a mess as they are, they are Utd. Its one of the biggest, richest clubs in the world, theres no way that wont catch someones eye.

Though I agree with you, I feel like there is more to Poch and his decisions than simple kudos.

He will go to Utd I'm afraid. We can't offer him what they can. Bigger club, bigger ambitions and unlimited funds in the transfer market.

We won't be at that level till the stadium is paid for.

This is what happens to us. Make progress and get kicked in the the teeth.

The only way is up for utd so a new manager will look good.

He is already one of the highest paid around, isnt he?

There are a myriad of reasons I think it makes sense for him to stay. The key one for me is the leg work he has already done here.

His way takes time, its not instant impact, and he has his process 4 years in now and gearing up for more progression.

In doing so, he has also earned autonomy (as you say) and holds a great deal of clout at the club. Not something readily available with a move.

A lot will come down to just what potential he sees with us, IMO.

Impossible to argue Utd arent appealing, as much of a mess as they are, they are Utd. Its one of the biggest, richest clubs in the world, theres no way that wont catch someones eye.

Though I agree with you, I feel like there is more to Poch and his decisions than simple kudos.

His method is only because he doesn't have the money to spend so needs to find another way. Utd he can do what he wants.

It seems like the stars will align for Poch at some point to move away, I love to think the project keeps him here but the project needs to yield results otherwise like he said before he is building a clubs legacy for them without anything to show which isnt his job.

I’m not sure at all how this one will pan out. Utd have set their stall out by going with a caretaker - they are going to throw everything at Poch. It’ll come down to if he wants it. I’ve a feeling he’ll stick with us for another 18 months at least.

Back