• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I guess a lot of people (myself included) more or less thought to themselves "it would simply be too amateurish if there wouldn't be enough space to take corners", and looked to bridge the gap between the perceived lack of space in the photos we've seen with any rational explanation that would make sense - be it optical illusions stemming from those photos or a missing piece of the puzzle (like the video you posted showed). Did anyone claim to speak with authority on the matter? I just read a lot of suggestions for what might be the case, as it would simply defy belief that the designers of something so magnificent would miss an essential detail like that.

This. @BrainOfLevy the way you're carrying on about this makes me uneasy.. You're usually something of a "voice of reason" around here. What's happened? Have you been infiltrated?

The constant banging on about this non-issue is way over the top I'd say.

Will this be ready for when you play us?

Will I be able to get Beavertown beer in the away end?

Please don't be at Wembley.
There has to be some rigorous testing before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game -for example is there enough beer being brewed onsite to cope with a visit from Mike Ashley...

This. @BrainOfLevy the way you're carrying on about this makes me uneasy.. You're usually something of a "voice of reason" around here. What's happened? Have you been infiltrated?

The constant banging on about this non-issue is way over the top I'd say.

I always said I’m sure there was something else to it and the video that I posted myself had reassured me.

But out of interest, let’s say the slopes were actually as they appeared, and we genuinely had to take corners with such little room, would you really be happy? Would you really consider it a non issue? It would bug the hell out of me, and as the football pitch was out to be shown off yesterday (not the NFL pitch) I think it was reasonable to assume that’s what it would look like on match day, and to question why it looked that way. The fact that people were trying to justify the tiny space before the video I posted suggests that this line of questioning was a worthwhile fact finder / reminder if you ask me!

All I was doing was asking the question while assuming we had the workaround, and sought out the information to back that up. I’m still reasonable, honest!

How have you worked that out?
using the height of a person as reference?
The radius of the corner marking is 1m. Looks about 2-2.5m excess area at OT, and about 1.5m at our stadium before the flaps, which might not be in fully raised position.

Last edited:
The radius of the corner marking is 1m. Looks about 2-2.5m excess area at OT, and about 1.5m at our stadium before the flaps, which might not be in fully raised position.
The solution is obvious. Just make the radius of the corner quadrant 2 meters. Sorted.

I doubt the flaps around the pitch can raise higher. Remember we need to fit in 1 or 2 rows of removable seating at the south end (and maybe north, not sure) and also the enlarged advertising hoardings for European games (which render the first 3 rows at some other grounds unusable as fans can't see over them) so I don't see how we can lift the flaps AND fit these things in.

Definitely looks a bit tight to me. I don't mind if corners are slightly impaired, because our "low flat trajectories" are a pain in the backside, usually hitting the first man in the thigh. So it is fine to give it a more normal delivery trajectory. But it does look like very little room for player run-off / the linesman / warming up.

We shall see once we get to see some ACTUAL football being played there, of course.

Back