• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I’m not convinced It is

old-trafford-view.jpg

3 or 4 times bigger going by the above

I’m not convinced It is

The gap between pitch and slope is way bigger at OT than our stadium. I don’t think any weird perspective stuff is happening to make that the case, it just is much bigger.

For the people saying this is a non-issue, just try running up a slope before kicking a ball precisely at the point where the ground turns flat and see how easy that is. Or try rolling your ankle after running at pace in the angle the slope is right by the pitch and tell me it doesn’t hurt.

I am assuming the club haven’t just overlooked the pitch size to slope ratio in all of their very specific planning, of course. But I am also curious as to what exactly the solution is. Having absolutely no run up to take a corner without falling backwards down a hill would be ridiculous, as would forcing us never to be able to take in swingers. Do the slopes rise to pitch level on game day?

I’m not convinced It is

To be clear, I’m not talking about the steepness of the slope itself. It could be ten feet for all I care. I’m talking about the amount of flat space after the pitch before the slope begins. It looks like there is hardly any and I don’t see how any player could take a decent corner. It certainly precludes a long throw in too which would help us, but it’s funny that a stadium is precluding certain football moves by design.

Last edited:
Im sure that it is easily rectified if it causes massive problems. A couple of wedges and platform ...

Why haven't they raised the 'surround' already, see little point leaving as is?
So not entirely convinced its 'crisis over'.

I’m not sure, but it certainly looks in that video that players are walking out onto a flat surface, and that the areas by the corners are raised. I would hope that it is raised and what we saw yesterday wasn’t the match day setup, but until we see a test match we can’t be sure I guess.

I’m not sure, but it certainly looks in that video that players are walking out onto a flat surface, and that the areas by the corners are raised. I would hope that it is raised and what we saw yesterday wasn’t the match day setup, but until we see a test match we can’t be sure I guess.

It’s not a ‘big big deal’ but I would be bloody fuming if I was Daniel and was not correct!

It’s not a ‘big big deal’ but I would be bloody fuming if I was Daniel and was not correct!

Personally I’d be fuming too. Like literally not having space to take a corner on the new state of the art stadium...it would be ridiculous. But there also isnt really space for a lino to safely sprint up the line, so I’m 90% sure they just need to raise the level and it will all be fine.

Sorry pal you are not that important for Spurs to feel the need to convince you. Im sure if the engineers built this stadium they would have got these details right also.

Back