• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

That's weird. I don't know any Spurs fans that wanted Leicester to win it then. Quite the opposite in fact.
I definitely didn’t want them to win it while we were the media appointed contenders, I’m not sure if we were in our usual 5th spot if I would have rooted for them as a fairy tale / break up of the status quo as I feel them winning has given other clubs another stick to beat us with and I’m think celeberating other clubs being better than us but not winning is small time.

However if they or any other club other than West Ham can prevent our rival teams to a CL spot once we’ve qualified I’d want that to happen.

I'm annoyed, but our early season form cost us and the media made us into the hunters that they needed to make a title race exist. The same goes for the following year with Chelsea.

What really tinkled me off though, were the Spurs fans I knew who wanted Leicester to win it. As if it was the only chance Leicester were ever going to have and that we would have plenty more over the years. Well here we are, still titleless and with Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project playing football miles ahead of everyone else.

Wait wait wait. What? Spurs fans wanting Leicester to win the title? Does not compute. Who the hell wanted Leicester to win? Hardly spurs fans then.

Ones like Harry Hotspur who have a dislike for the club yet still call themselves supporters. The ones that are happier when things go to brick.

My word! So fudging easy! Pathetic defending from Everton! City just walk to the line and dink a cross in for Sterling(!) to nod in, totally unmarked. Incredibly poor from Everton!

What tinkled me off was the narrative of Leicester being the rebels and us the evil empire despite them having the larger net transfer spend across the preceding five years.

I’d have been happier to lose it to arsenal tbh.

Feck off with that brick. Arsenal are clamy clams. End of. Look at how they celebrated winning a league game against us. We would have had endless tweets from "Rambo" and Wheelchair singing anti Tottenham songs and spitting at taxi drivers if they had won the league at our expense. Can you just imagine how much abuse they would have given us in 2004 if social media was as big in 2004 as it is now?

Were we arrogant? I don't remember that at all.. In fact from my memory the media were gagging for us to finish second or lower so they could slap us with the bottlers tag.

Still it explains why Leicester view us as their cup final. fudging 'league winners' still manage to constantly act like sore losers.

Other than the Kane Instagram message (which was hardly offensive) I really can't recall anything sinister as I follow most of our players on social media. Certainly nothing more than banter, both teams had players in the England set up at the same time so they would have mixed during international breaks.

I must say I would have been very happy for them to win it if WE weren't the team chasing. I would have found it hilarious if they had won it at Arsenal's expense. On the subject of scum, they have gotten off far too lightly. They were the ones who were top around the Xmas period as all the other usual suspects at the top were imploding. With their resources it was THEIR YEAR to win it but they bottled it just like we bottled 2nd and handed it on a plate to them.

I must say I have never seen a club and its fans act so bitter after WINNING a title. I think it's quite clear that they were more than a little annoyed that despite being top, the media were praising us for playing better football, and we did. That doesn't mean you deserve to win it however as Chelsea and United have proven so many times over the years. You have to win ugly at times to win leagues. Our points total was nowhere near good enough to win the league so ultimately I can't say that Leicester didn't deserve to win the league.

Forms on the wonk there isn’t it? We’ve won two since losing to A*senal, whilst City lost last weekend to Chelsea.
It’s from after final whistle today.

We’ve won 3 since Arsenal.

But the newest results are to the left.

Got a good feeling about Liverpool dropping points today.

They need something today, last easy game for a while, they have a tricky little run coming against teams they have struggled with in recent years.

They could easily be out of it by the time West Ham roll over for them.

Back