• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

They are all silly money now!
Watford would as top money from us!
We won’t spend anywhere near what they would ask ATM.
IMO!
Ah well let’s see. I know you don’t think so, but I still think we can and will go big on the right player....

Today showed again we need at least 1 head in - CM

Winks/Dier/Sissoko can’t do it on their own.

Skipp was ok today, but it was against a rank average side.

Fair play to Sissoko playing a 90 in Spain Tuesday and another today.

I agree. We're crying out for another CM, and the one I had wanted is online at Everton and doing well.

Realistically though, Jan is always difficult to its more a case of hoping that we get someone in rather than expecting us to. I just hope that if we do try to do some business, we approach it sensibly i.e. making market-level offers for players and asking realistic prices for the likes of GKN, Janssen etc. If we do that but fail to do any business then fair enough

Doucoure would be quite nice. I don't think Poch would need 4-5 months to get him ready to play for us.

NB: On the subject of Bowen, I believe they said the other day that Poch wants proven signing and less young Championship stars.

Toby is in solid form for us, I'd rather we lost out on 20m or 30m and kept him until the summer. We're still in every competition, we can only afford to offload fringe players in Jan imo.

20m is nowhere near enough. What if it was 50m? I think we have to keep him until the end of the season especially if verts ad sanchez are out.

He came in to the Prem with a big reputation after the promotion season, I thought he was more of a box to box / AM, but that maybe just because he was that much better than Championship level oppo he could do that role as well. Can’t say I’ve seen too much of Huddersfield or him since they’ve been promoted though.

He used to be more box-to-box. Since going up, though, Huddersfield have used him as more of a classic DM. Given that they press high, though, I'm not sure there's that much of a distinction - Billing tends to play pretty high up the pitch in any eventuality, even for a DM, given that he leads the press in his zone.

From what I've seen of him, he's good - solid, reasonably versatile, technically gifted, and with room to grow as a player. He won't have the same impact Wanyama had when he first arrived, but I think he has a higher ceiling than Wanyama does. Billing's just better technically.

Who we going to get quality wise with out spending big money £50m plus?
Just don’t see it ATM.
I believe Leandro Paredes was being touted as being available for 35m euros a little while ago. Zenit want to keep him, but he wants to leave. AC Milan are interested, apparently.

Not too insane, *if* that quoted price is true. He'd be infinitely better value than the likes of Grealish, that's for sure.

20m is nowhere near enough. What if it was 50m? I think we have to keep him until the end of the season especially if verts ad sanchez are out.

No, I mean 20m-30m is the difference in price between his fee for selling him in January and selling him in the summer. So imo, it's not worth that extra money to lose a player of that quality mid-season. Would rather we sell for less in the summer.

I believe Leandro Paredes was being touted as being available for 35m euros a little while ago. Zenit want to keep him, but he wants to leave. AC Milan are interested, apparently.

Not too insane, *if* that quoted price is true. He'd be infinitely better value than the likes of Grealish, that's for sure.

Grealish will be off the menu now, they will want silly money also. Although a Grealish trained by Pochettino Inc. would be a different prospect from the current version.
I have no idea what they will do transfer wise but my gut tells me ‘not a lot’.

Grealish will be off the menu now, they will want silly money also. Although a Grealish trained by Pochettino Inc. would be a different prospect from the current version.
I have no idea what they will do transfer wise but my gut tells me ‘not a lot’.
The lad at Hull looks more our flavour

Gibbs-White won't be going anywhere for at least a couple of years. He's one of their own, loves the club and only needs minutes in the Prem in a stable club environment, something that Wolves give him. I'd imagine that if he continues to progress on his current path, he'll get bought by a big club for >£50 million, but again that will be in a couple of years unless they get relegated next year (can't see it happening this year).

Jarrod Bowen looks good, but not someone that is going to bring anything to our squad imo.

Our weaknesses right now are in midfield. I'd love to see Eriksen sign a new contract, but we should be looking at someone who can be something close to him in the next few years. That for me was Maddison, but we for some reason pursued Grealish. Then we have the demise of Dembele and Wanyama to consider as well as the upgrade/competition for Sissoko. We could need to make 3 midfield signings this summer. Skipp is only just 18 and whilst talented, shouldn't be expected to carry the burden of our midfield.

Back