• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley ***

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reminded me so much of the FA Cup replay at Leicester a couple seasons back. Defend, defend, defend, aaaaaaand - lose. In front of their home support. If I were a Leicester fan I'd have been choked.

Supporters pay good cash and spend plenty of time travelling to enjoy watching a sporting event. I just have to get up at six in the morning, walk the dog and sit in front of the TV with a coffee, and I thought it was dire entertainment.
The idea of sport is not to try to not lose, but to try to win. Burnley didn't and got exactly what they deserved. Nothing.

I, for one, am delighted that that brand of non-football got punished.

TJ

Don't think you can concede several good chances and rely on your opponents missing them and claim to have defended well tbh

Exactly. Like when people claim Chelsea defended well when they won the CL. The other team missing 8 sitters in every game isn't good defending. Restricting the other team to shooting from outside the area IS good defending.

I feared we would suffer from some kind of adrenalin come down after Tuesday and that's what it felt like. Heavy touches, bad crossing, unable to hit the target.
Burnley were awful but it's up to the red to deal with those antics. Not just time wasting, but the pushes in the back, the handballs et. Ref was shocking.

For all that is was a dire watch in the cold there's nothing like that feeling when Eriksen scored! Euphoria and seeing Hart duddenly rushing to collect balls and take quick kicks, to no avail, was immensely satisfying.
3 more points deserved although not pretty

I think also people are missing my point. It can be tactially valid to defend etc. I get that.

I just dont agree with any idea that it should be lauded for being heroic, brave or deserved for effort. Its only in English football a team
can be called these things for basically just sitting back.

I just say call it as it is. They came. They had no intention to attack. They might have gained a much needed point. But at no point
was it brave or a tactical masterclass. Any team can set up like that.

How can a team deserve a draw when they have zero shots on target all match, three less than their opponents. How can a team deserve a draw when the opponents have 11 more shots? How can an opponent deserve a draw when they barely want to leave their own half. No they deserved fudge all

Woeful finishing as usual from us... do we even train these drills?

Seems like we have to miss 8 before 1 goes in.

Other teams seem to finish way more easily.

I feared we would suffer from some kind of adrenalin come down after Tuesday and that's what it felt like. Heavy touches, bad crossing, unable to hit the target.
Burnley were awful but it's up to the red to deal with those antics. Not just time wasting, but the pushes in the back, the handballs et. Ref was shocking.

For all that is was a dire watch in the cold there's nothing like that feeling when Eriksen scored! Euphoria and seeing Hart duddenly rushing to collect balls and take quick kicks, to no avail, was immensely satisfying.
3 more points deserved although not pretty
Dyche was laughing at that himself

Reminded me so much of the FA Cup replay at Leicester a couple seasons back. Defend, defend, defend, aaaaaaand - lose. In front of their home support. If I were a Leicester fan I'd have been choked.

Supporters pay good cash and spend plenty of time travelling to enjoy watching a sporting event. I just have to get up at six in the morning, walk the dog and sit in front of the TV with a coffee, and I thought it was dire entertainment.
The idea of sport is not to try to not lose, but to try to win. Burnley didn't and got exactly what they deserved. Nothing.

I, for one, am delighted that that brand of non-football got punished.

TJ

I heard to experts on the wireless (yes wireless) say it was a brave effort and they deserved something, I suppose you see a different game when you don't pay to watch it!

Back