• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley ***

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wasn't us who made the game brick. Sometimes you come up against opposition like that and it's difficult.

Teams like that are scared of playing too open as they know we would destroy them otherwise. So it’s a case of keep on playing, creating chances and just working to get that breakthrough. In the past we’ve drawn matches like that. At least today we collected the win.

This kind of game brings me back to one of my pet hates. When commentators call it comendable and great tactics to sit back in a bank of 9 plus the goal keeper and basically play to defend the 18 yard box and have zero ambition to do any much more than that in game. Then when we score its heart break for them.

Lets get this right. In the modern age with super fit players at good levels. To sit back and play every man behind the ball is an injustice to the damn game. It does not take tactical intelligence. It just requires fit players with discipline. This is not to be lauded. Yes its little old Burnley, plucky little Burnley. But they just played anti football and got what they deserved. NOTHING.

One of the things that have impressed me over the last few seasons is that teams coming up from the Championship want to play football. Try to win 3 points. But Dyche is archaic in has managerial style. His team kind of reminds me of Leicester the year they won the prem. Giving away all the possesion and just playing on the break and somehow getting a goal. But this was way worse.

So much time wasting.

Teams like that are scared of playing too open as they know we would destroy them otherwise. So it’s a case of keep on playing, creating chances and just working to get that breakthrough. In the past we’ve drawn matches like that. At least today we collected the win.

Early goal in these games help. The one for Moura in the first half would have changed the game. Or the pen on Kane.

That was so bad.

I’m not sure how we won.

But who cares.

We won because we are a top team.

Back in the dark days how many times did we outplay supposed bigger clubs, only to come away with nothing? How many games did we feel we deserved more but got sucker punched at the end? WE are THAT team now. We are a team that goes right to the death and knows its quality can come through.

A couple of seasons back that was 1 point, now its 3, because of how good a team we really are.

And no, not saying Burnley deserved anything from that.

Early goal in these games help. The one for Moura in the first half would have changed the game. Or the pen on Kane.

Definitely, as either the other team opens themselves up and can be scored against more or we just get the win.

We won because we are a top team.

Back in the dark days how many times did we outplay supposed bigger clubs, only to come away with nothing? How many games did we feel we deserved more but got sucker punched at the end? WE are THAT team now. We are a team that goes right to the death and knows its quality can come through.

A couple of seasons back that was 1 point, now its 3, because of how good a team we really are.

And no, not saying Burnley deserved anything from that.

Burnley deserve relegation after that. I feel for all those at the game. Much as I can understand why Burnley played as they did, it kills much of the enjoyment of the watching supporters. At least our supporters had something to cheer at the end I guess.

Just read the BBC report. It re-iterate all I just said in my earlier post.

"Christian Eriksen's stoppage-time strike broke Burnley's brave resistance "
What is breve about playing 9 in front of your box?

"It looked as if the Clarets had held on to a deserved point"
Why was it deserved. If you dont come to play? and dont try to win? why is it deserved?

Not playing two holding midfielders, playing much quicker also helps.

We seem to be surprised by these tactics still.

We missed serges runs as well

Why was it deserved. If you dont come to play? and dont try to win? why is it deserved?

You have put it better in all of your posts than I could have. They deserved fudge all. They turned up, didn't even try to play a game of football and lost.

It's like sports day everyone gets a certificate because they deserved it ... fudging twits

Why wasn’t it well deserved?

We are a Top 4 team, them a bottom 4 on a terrible run. a point would be a good result.

They have limited players.

Defending is part of football.

fudge off Burnley. What a disgrace they were. That has to be the worst time wasting I've ever seen. And the ref did fudge all about it. He only added time on after we scored ffs. Makes the victory even sweeter.

We are a Top 4 team, them a bottom 4 on a terrible run. a point would be a good result.

Basically you are saying then that you thought a draw would have been a fair result today? That is the only way it would be a deserved point for Burnley. If that is what you think then we watched two completely different games of football.

No one is suggesting they didn’t work their bits off, but as someone said, this isn’t sports day, you don’t get participation medals!!

Well I partially disagree with your comments but also morally disagree with that feeling. I dont think I am alone.
I point out in my earlier post that any team that comes to defend for 90 mins. Plays 10 behind the ball. Wastes time at all opportunities and basically plays
spoiling football does not deserve to get anything out of the game. That is my opinion.

You say they have limited players. But that is a old argument. In the modern game where Burnley get a lot of income from TV and have some international
level players who are also super fit. Their limitations are not as large as in the past. If teams like Bournemouth can play good football and do well in the
premier league then I dont see the excuse.

Yes a point would have been a good result for them with how their season is going. But I personally abhor that kind of approach to the game. So I hope
they go down.

Back