• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I see more to football than pace and strength. It's simply not enough at our level (nor the level to which we aspire) to have other skills but not "on the ball" skills. Those days are long gone, it's just that plenty either don't see that or don't want to.
The only one who doesn't want to see, is you.

He has improved massively, but he's not a footballer and never will be. That's fine for Stoke or Saudi Sportswashing Machine, it's not for a team with our ambitions.

...which I guess explains why - like me - you are typing behind a keyboard whereas the hottest managerial property in current world football puts Sissoko in the heart of our team - in the biggest games, against the likes of Barcelona in the Nou Camp - and obtains outstanding results as last Tuesday's.

And again, the scary thing is you actually do sound like you are being serious, and that you aren’t joking, and that you can actually watch Sissoko regularly take the ball in tight spaces against one of the best teams in the world and drive at them, push them back, and give useful passes to our players further forward, and still conclude he is ‘not a footballer’. I think you present like an intelligent guy who should be able to appreciate the wider context into why players like Sissoko have their place given the overall strategy of our Manager and why comparisons to Modric or Parker aren’t apt or so easily black and white...but I think backfire effect is right.

It is like seeing Trump argue something that the whole world can see is now nonsense. There is no longer an interesting debate to be had when your position is entrenched in one that doesn’t in any way tally with that is happening in reality.
He has pace and he has power. I don't think anyone even vaguely serious could suggest he has ability on the ball.

Obtains results despite him.

I would hope that the comment was said in jest - or at least half so. Because if serious, you are implying that the coach who has us in third place without buying a single player in the summer, who has masterminded one of the greatest escape acts in recent Champions League history and who would walk into the managerial hot-seat of practically any team in the world is simply a lucky dunce and unable to identify the effective contributors in the team; or, at the very least, his knowledge of football pales in comparison to your exalted footballing nous. That would be a level of arrogance that transcends even the most ridiculous drivel, that is so often written on message boards...

I would hope that the comment was said in jest - or at least half so. Because if serious, you are implying that the coach who has us in third place without buying a single player in the summer, who has masterminded one of the greatest escape acts in recent Champions League history and who would walk into the managerial hot-seat of practically any team in the world is simply a lucky dunce and unable to identify the effective contributors in the team; or, at the very least, his knowledge of football pales in comparison to your exalted footballing nous. That would be a level of arrogance that transcends even the most ridiculous drivel, that is so often written on message boards...
All managers make mistakes.

He has pace and he has power. I don't think anyone even vaguely serious could suggest he has ability on the ball.

@BrainOfLevy: you have your answer. Sissoko's consistent ability this season to (as you rightly say) "regularly take the ball in tight spaces against the likes of Barcelona and Chelsea and drive at them, push them back, and give useful passes to our players further forward" is not due to any inherent ability on the ball. He must have found a combination of both Moses' staff - instead of parting the Red Sea, he parts opposition players - and Harry Potter's wand, to make the ball move - at pace - without even controlling it.

Last edited:
Indeed... but, of course, you never do! ;)
I've made mistakes before. They're rare, but they happen.

I didn't think Kane was good enough at any one thing to be a top level striker once. I thought Levy was too intelligent to appoint the likes of Sherwood as manager.

Rare though.

I think the hyperbole for Sisokko is in danger, or has, gone the completely opposite way now. He’s either the worst player ever, or amazing. He’s a good player for us at the moment. He has put in some good performances. But he also runs the ball out of play, and looks very unconventional at times when running with the ball. Mousa Dembele shows true technique running with the ball, whilst Sisokko looks ungainly, although he does somehow retain possession many times.

Overall, he’s a good player, far from a World beater, but in the absence of last seasin’s Dembele, Sisokko has worked hard and played an important role in our positive results. So well done Sisokko for the improvement, hope it keeps going, but let’s not go over the top in our praise.

Back