• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT** Barca vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They had nothing to play for. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. That doesn’t mean they phone in the performance but it did give us an edge.

We should enjoy the result and the performance. We did fantastic. But let’s not pretend that this is the game we’d have gotten if Barca needed a result.

I think if they needed a result, we showed we would be capable of giving them a game. Which, given they are one of the best teams in the world, is damn impressive and all we can really ask for.

They had nothing to play for. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. That doesn’t mean they phone in the performance but it did give us an edge.

We should enjoy the result and the performance. We did fantastic. But let’s not pretend that this is the game we’d have gotten if Barca needed a result.
No one is doing that. They would have played their first team and it would have been difficult, not impossible as Milan showed but more difficult. I am pointing out to the posters whose perennial narrative is that Poch and the team are bottle jobs ( not you btw), that we had a job to do and we did it, end of. No need to look for deeper reasons don't understand fans that do. I certainly don't believe Barcelona didn't try to win. I think that's nonsense tbh.

We don’t know what result we would have achieved if both ourselves and Barcelona had full strength team and were trying with equal motivation. That game didn’t happen. Let’s instead enjoy what did happen.

We don’t know what result we would have achieved if both ourselves and Barcelona had full strength team and were trying with equal motivation. That game didn’t happen. Let’s instead enjoy what did happen.

I agree 100%. We would give them a game under any circumstances. I don’t doubt that at all. And I was thrilled the other night with how we played and the result we got. One of those evenings I really loved being a Spurs fan. I just wouldn’t equate it with a result in the Nou Camp under normal circumstances.

Haha, I saw a lot of people react to Guilleme Ballague on Twitter yesterday, who said he hadn't seen Barca that dominated at home for many years - lots of Chelsea fans saying they had dominated Barca in that 2-2 draw of their's back in 2012. Sure enough, it was a full strength Barca, but my word, Chelski got butchered and away with murder in that one! :p

It is great to progress to the next round of the CL by drawing with Barcelona. But we really missed a great chance to get our first ever win over Barcelona as they played a weak team. We played well and dominated the match but failed to take our chances. We made it hard for us by conceding the early goal but recovered to control the game. We really should have won comfortably as we wasted at least 5 goal scoring chances. Instead, we had to thank PSV for drawing with Inter which enabled us to progress ahead of Inter. We really need to get more clinical in front of goal regardless of which team we play in Round of 16.

Well done to Moura for coming on and scoring our crucial goal to force this draw. But we really should have scored more as Son, Kane, Eriksen, Moura and Rose all had chances which they should have done better. Son's miss is the most unforgivable one as it was a one-on-one chance and he had all the time in the world to go round the goalie or chip it into goal as there were no defenders near him. Instead, he shot it direct at the goalie. It is really annoying how Son can score great goals but miss easy ones like these. Kane did well to assist the goal for Moura but he also wasted a good chance to score earlier. I think Lamela should have started this match as he came on and made positive impact for us. In fact, it was Lamela who started the attack from which we scored our only goal. Thought Alli would inspire us with a goal but he was largely ineffective while Eriksen too was not at his best.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Both Sissoko and Winks had a part in us conceding the early goal. It was Sissoko's back pass to Walker-Peters which resulted in us conceding the goal. Winks too should have done better to tackle the Barcelona player instead of diving in too early. Winks was really naive to get fooled by the Barcelona player like that. Maybe Dier should have started instead of Winks. Apart from that, thought our midfield did well. Sissoko helped us to stop Barcelona including making a brilliant tackle to stop Messi.

Our defence did well for most of the match. But it was really annoying to concede the goal so early in the match. Our defence went missing as they scored the easy goal. Walker-Peters was fully at blame as he lost the ball stupidly in midfield which helped them to go on and scored the goal. But Alderweireld and Vertonghen should have been more alert to cover our defence as well. Also felt Lloris could have done better to stop the goal too. Apart from that goal, we also rode our luck as they hit the post 2 times.

We have done well to progress to the CL Round of 16 despite starting poorly this season. But we need to improve our performance and finishing if we want to go further than that. Let's hope we will get a favourable draw in Round of 16. Apart from that, we also need our best players fully fit by then.

What a fudging GREAT outcome and performance. It would have been heartbreaking if it wasn't rewarded by going through.

Our finishing is bleeping woeful though...

Looking forward to the draw on Monday:cool:
"Spurs at the Bernabeauuuuuu, Arsenal watching Emmerdaaaallleeeee" :D

COYMFS

Haha, I saw a lot of people react to Guilleme Ballague on Twitter yesterday, who said he hadn't seen Barca that dominated at home for many years - lots of Chelsea fans saying they had dominated Barca in that 2-2 draw of their's back in 2012. Sure enough, it was a full strength Barca, but my word, Chelski got butchered and away with murder in that one! :p

...and that's what happens when you don't take your chances.

Bastards.

What a fudging GREAT outcome and performance. It would have been heartbreaking if it wasn't rewarded by going through.

Our finishing is bleeping woeful though...

Looking forward to the draw on Monday:cool:
"Spurs at the Bernabeauuuuuu, Arsenal watching Emmerdaaaallleeeee" :D

COYMFS
It doesn’t rhyme though? :-(

Back