• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Could easily say the same about Kane albeit not a RB. Not many thought he would make it when younger as he doesnt have any real outstanding qualities - no real pace, skill etc but has worked really hard at his game and his mental strength means he scores so many goals because no matter how many chances he misses he doesnt go hiding....

People who think Kane doesn't have outstanding abilities don't watch him closely enough … his balance and shooting (Kane puts a very high percentage of shots on target, very rarely hits row z type shots), his passing (very underrated) and his positioning (the main attribute of any great striker, being in the right place at right time).

To GB's point, yes pure defensive nouse is a quality, is someone saying they see that in KWP? not trying to put the kid down, all the success in the world to him, just don't see it yet.

People who think Kane doesn't have outstanding abilities don't watch him … he's balance and shooting (Kane puts a very high percentage of shots on target, very rarely hits row z type shots), his passing (very underrated) and his positioning (the main attribute of any great striker, being in the right place at right time).

To GB's point, yes pure defensive nouse is a quality, is someone saying they see that in KWP? not trying to put the kid down, all the success in the world to him, just don't see it yet.
Yes I do watch him thank you, and I stick by what I said. Im talking about Kane as a youngster, as this is what we are looking at with KWP. Kane didnt have any outstanding attributes and has improved greatly due to his mental strength and willingness to work hard. Theres nothing to suggest KWP wont do the same, and he has a good base to start from.....

Imagine if we had got him a pain move... we would have been playing Dier right back vs barca

KWP has all the attributes to be a success with us IMO

Give me a player who doesn’t excel at anything but is consistent at everything every day of the week. Players who have one big strength have bigger weaknesses to target

Imagine if we had got him a pain move... we would have been playing Dier right back vs barca

Give me a player who doesn’t excel at anything but is consistent at everything every day of the week. Players who have one big strength have bigger weaknesses to target

So he’s the James Milner of fullbacks.

I agree, that is one of the reasons i believe that Davies is such a good player.

With his talent and Trippier and Aurier at the club I'm sure we could have gotten a decent loan move for him this season if Pochettino saw it the same way. Apart from the mistake he looked ready for first team football against Barca in difficult circumstances. Winks and Dier didn't need a loan, Foyth seems fine despite no loan. Will be interesting to see how what Pochettino's plan is with KWP.Thought he responded very well after that mistake. Didn't shirk responsibility on the ball assigns and didn't become entirely risk averse. Showed some of his quality on the ball and defended well up against Coutinho, a better player than he'll face in just about every league game.

Deserves another start if Trippier and Aurier aren't available.

Yes I guess Poch didn’t see a loan as a good idea. I just feel that he’s only getting opportunities as 3rd choice i.e in a game with low importance or when both the others are injured. Think someone mentioned Dier had first team experience before he came, I’ll grant Winks has been an exception but he can come on on games as a centre mid to either see out or try and change a game whereas a full back is less likely to be that choice, especially when there are 2 senior full backs for each side at the club. Winks has probably got more games due to injuries too but I’m not saying ever young player needs one. Even if he had to drop to championship level to get it, I think regular competitive first team football would help his development.

The thing I’ve observed with KWP in his fleeting appearances is that he can be bullied physically so possibly something he can learn how to cope with by regular exposure or perhaps it just isn’t part of his make up as a footballer.

I’d need to see a lot more consistency from Aurier before making him the notational number 1!

I think Trippier is coming to that age where selling him for (hopefully a nice profit) while his stock is high is quite prudent.

Seen enough from KWP to see the standard if we had those two wouldnt drop at all.

We dont need three RBS
I’m a big KWP fan.
Aurier just still gives me the willies every time he’s on the ball and last man. Needs the ‘Sissoko Injection’!!

I think Trippier is coming to that age where selling him for (hopefully a nice profit) while his stock is high is quite prudent.
Definitely a case for that. I’ll trust Poch to pull the trigger at the right time though, as I still have a lot of time for Trips - when on form.

Back