• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

It's only overseas players. We have 19 for EPL and 20 for CL (where Davies counts as foreign too), but can only name 17

As Vorm and Dembele are nearly out of contract, I'd leave them two out, plus Janssen and Nkodou, to bring one in.

Janssen and Nkodou can't be on the CL surely ahead of Foyth? I think next summer we will get rid off:

Janseen
Nkodou
Llorente
Dembele
Vorm

Possibly Wanyana as well.

We will obviously need to replace some of those but I think we can have 1 English GK and at least 1 English midfielder.

I would give Vorm a free transfer in Jan if there was interest - gets a OS space back without damaging the squad.

Might be some resale value there. When’s his contract up? Does seem mad to waste 3 OS spots on Goalkeepers. Either use a kid as the 3rd choice or get an old player like Chelsea have in Rob Green. It’s why Stuart Taylor was at Emirates Marketing Project for years.
If Stoke don’t go up this season, it’s unlikely, then I’d imagine a few might be in for Butland.
Also especially if they go down I’m sure Heaton or Pope would rather be 2nd/3rd choice at us than fighting for similar positions at Burnley.

I can't see us letting Toby go in January unless UTD offered upwards of £70 million. We need him to get through this season and we should just write him off as a loss come the summer. I'd rather see us take the hit than end up fudging up our season just as our players are starting to hit form. I don't doubt that Poch has probably already said similar to Levy and Toby, nor do I think that Toby would agitate for a move during the window.
KWP is on the B list, so no advantage to loaning him.

We surely have to swap a GK out for Foyth, as we have two English keepers in the B list anyway. Bye Vorm! X

Llorente could go if we signed an attacker I feel.

If one of Wanyama or Demeble is perma-crocked, then swapping him out early for his own replacement could work too.

Janssen and Nkodou can't be on the CL surely ahead of Foyth? I think next summer we will get rid off:

Janseen
Nkodou
Llorente
Dembele
Vorm

Possibly Wanyana as well.

We will obviously need to replace some of those but I think we can have 1 English GK and at least 1 English midfielder.

So, we only have a named A list CL squad of 22 players!

17 foreign lads (inc Dier & Davies)
5 HG (Kane, Dele, Winks, Tripps & Rose

+ 3 HG spaces not taken.

Foyth, GKN & Jansen are unnamed.

We then have a B list of yoots, which includes KWP, Skipp, Whiteman, Austin, Eyoma, Amos, Marsh, Bowden & Sterling.

I suspect we will be on look out for right time/place deals like Lucas last year, gives us 6 months to settle them in, potentially cover a few games this year.

Lots of places we could improve on now, either FB position, potential replacement for Wanyama (club would know more), cover for Eriksen, an attacking type that can play with/without Kane, an English keeper to replace Vorm.

Could see a few early releases as well

I suspect we will be on look out for right time/place deals like Lucas last year, gives us 6 months to settle them in, potentially cover a few games this year.

Lots of places we could improve on now, either FB position, potential replacement for Wanyama (club would know more), cover for Eriksen, an attacking type that can play with/without Kane, an English keeper to replace Vorm.

Could see a few early releases as well

We don't need to buy a new 3rd keeper when Vorm goes. Just promote Whiteman. With the emergency loan system for keepers, you never need 3 senior ones

Ive nothing against him.

I think its fair to say the move has been a flop, but not in a way other than "these things happen".

I thought it was a very smart transfer at the time.

My thoughts as well, he may not have played as much as i thought he would but a player with his vast experiance of playing at the top table would have been a great help to Kane in training.

My thoughts as well, ne may not have played as much as i thought he

It was a bit out of left field, but as soon as I gave it some thought I thought it was a really smart move.

Had 14 goals the year before (I think), has won everything, has genuine quality in the box, can play as a target man - all things that would be really useful for us. Who better to bring in if Kane is injured?

Well, turns out with hindsight the answer is "Son", but at the time it made a lot of sense to me!

The Mirror:

Danny Rose doesn’t expect January arrivals at Spurs.

Mauricio Pochettino was quiet last summer as Spurs failed to make a single addition.

And Rose doesn’t see there being any new signings in January either.

"It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than what we have.

The manager did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any signings in January.

For him to do what he has done and what he is doing now speaks volumes of him. It’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him. We hope he stays for a really long time."

Telegraph, in the middle of an article about how we are trying to keep Pochettino

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will do everything he can to keep Pochettino and the club could provide Everton with competition to sign midfielder Andre Gomes from Barcelona.

Gomes is on a season-long loan at Everton, which they would like to make permanent in January, but the 25-year-old may wait to see what his options are in the summer when Tottenham would be interested.

Tottenham’s head scout Steve Hitchen attended the recent Merseyside derby, when it is understood he was watching Gomes.

He is becoming as bad as "rent a quote" he must be on the speed dial of all of all " rent a quotes mates" in the press.

Might be some resale value there. When’s his contract up? Does seem mad to waste 3 OS spots on Goalkeepers. Either use a kid as the 3rd choice or get an old player like Chelsea have in Rob Green. It’s why Stuart Taylor was at Emirates Marketing Project for years.
If Stoke don’t go up this season, it’s unlikely, then I’d imagine a few might be in for Butland.
Also especially if they go down I’m sure Heaton or Pope would rather be 2nd/3rd choice at us than fighting for similar positions at Burnley.

Out of contract in the summer, but we need to start unloading players like this to free up space.

Heaton/Pope is a good shout.

Back