• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT** Barca vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over the two games it was good to see that we had the character to come back from an early mistake to gift a goal. If there was a massive gulf between the sides you’d expect that to be difficult. Re weakened teams the history books won’t refer to the fact we had played midweek in CL before the Goons game or that arguably we had 3 injured players who would have started and a couple only
Just returning from injury yesterday. I’m all for not getting carried away but sometimes you can enjoy the moment too.

Thing I noticed yesterday was how much space was in behind their defence, which we breached a few times - I took this as a little arrogance on their part and a testament to our ability to impose ourselves on their play which I think rarely happens domestically.

What a game and i am still buzzing, the second half is the best i have seen us this season and we deserved to get through. The crowd scenes at the end were amazing and the hugging, kissing etc went mad. There have been a couple of occasions i have been lucky to be part off when the crowd after a game went crazy ( Parkes save in the UEFA final, the final whistle at City when we made the CL) but last night was up there with them.

Not been to bed yet, lost my voice, forgot how many fans i have danced along the rambla with, what a night.

What a game and i am still buzzing, the second half is the best i have seen us this season and we deserved to get through. The crowd scenes at the end were amazing and the hugging, kissing etc went mad. There have been a couple of occasions i have been lucky to be part off when the crowd after a game went crazy ( Parkes save in the UEFA final, the final whistle at City when we made the CL) but last night was up there with them.

Not been to bed yet, lost my voice, forgot how many fans i have danced along the rambla with, what a night.

I’m a broken man tonight

Got back at 2

Haven’t really held a conversation since

Got budget meetings all day tomo so hopefully a chance to sleep

Whatever about it being Barcelona’s first or second team doesn’t matter so much although taking Messi and Suarez out of any team is massive. They had nothing to play for and you could see the difference in hunger levels after half time.

We did great. The whole squad should be proud and so should the manager. But let’s not overstate our achievement. If this was Arsenal or Liverpool, we’d be quick to bring them back to earth.
They had nothing to play for? Mate have you been to the Nou Camp and taken in the atmosphere? The crowd do not let the team just turn up and go through the motions. Did you see Coutinho's shots or Dembele's goal? They brought Messi and Busquets on, they had Rakatic and Coutinho already on the pitch. I agree we should have won, and with a little luck we would have but equally they could have won too.

They had nothing to play for? Mate have you been to the Nou Camp and taken in the atmosphere? The crowd do not let the team just turn up and go through the motions. Did you see Coutinho's shots or Dembele's goal? They bought Messi and Busquets on, they had Rakatic and Coutinho already on the pitch. I agree we should have won, and with a little luck we would have but equally they could have won too.

Dead right, when we play a weaker side do they not try? Do we accept they dont try? Are Barca a club with no pride? The answer to all of those questions is no. I dont agree with going over the top but the negativity after an historic result is sad, why do people bother following such a poor side like us when their are plenty of great clubs in London.

Great to go through, and a very good result away from home even against a weakened Barca team. Some real maturity from our players even though there were plenty of situations to nitpick.

Not much to add but to say that as is becoming standard in Pochettino seasons, the players fitness levels seem to be getting to their best at this time of the season. We usually the season slowly and build from there.

And important late goals against Inter, Barcelona, and PSV now in contrast to our late collapses in the Inter & PSV matches seems to reflect again that the match condition of our team is nearing top level again. Good to see. Let’s hope it holds well for us over the Christmas period.

Nothing worse than the commute to work feeling like a zombie (possibly looking like one) after the last 3 days in Barca

But thanks to the joys of social media I can relive the game and goals

They had nothing to play for? Mate have you been to the Nou Camp and taken in the atmosphere? The crowd do not let the team just turn up and go through the motions. Did you see Coutinho's shots or Dembele's goal? They bought Messi and Busquets on, they had Rakatic and Coutinho already on the pitch. I agree we should have won, and with a little luck we would have but equally they could have won too.

They had nothing to play for. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. That doesn’t mean they phone in the performance but it did give us an edge.

We should enjoy the result and the performance. We did fantastic. But let’s not pretend that this is the game we’d have gotten if Barca needed a result.

Back