• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CL Round of 16 Draw: Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
..hitting corners..

This is one of those pet peev things for me. When players run the ball into the corner, then try and hold it and waste time.

Invariably, within a few seconds they are dispossessed and their team is then trying to win the ball. It had proven to be a pointless thing. Surely if you want to just kill time you would play keep ball where you have some space and let the other team run themselves out? Who knows, maybe they leave a bloody great gap in their defence and you get to kill the game off!

But no, always with the "run in the corner, try and back off the players tackling, give away a free kick/lose the ball/make my team have to defend now..."

This is one of those pet peev things for me. When players run the ball into the corner, then try and hold it and waste time.

Invariably, within a few seconds they are dispossessed and their team is then trying to win the ball. It had proven to be a pointless thing. Surely if you want to just kill time you would play keep ball where you have some space and let the other team run themselves out? Who knows, maybe they leave a bloody great gap in their defence and you get to kill the game off!

But no, always with the "run in the corner, try and back off the players tackling, give away a free kick/lose the ball/make my team have to defend now..."

I didn't mean that but pleased that's the only part of the post you chose to comment on.

upload_2018-11-9_16-15-7.png

So my read of this table is that IF we beat Inter at home, we go level with them on points (7) therefore it's between us and Inter going into the final game.

Assuming Inter will beat PSV at home, we will have to beat Barca away. Tricky, however you'd assume Barca have already qualified in first place by then so surely won't care or play the big dogs like Messi.

Thank you. I don't get this routine either. Just play keep ball. It seems to be one of those things that teams just seem to think they're supposed to do, for whatever reason. As you say, you usually just lose possession after a few seconds anyway. Such a weird strategy.

Thank you. I don't get this routine either. Just play keep ball. It seems to be one of those things that teams just seem to think they're supposed to do, for whatever reason. As you say, you usually just lose possession after a few seconds anyway. Such a weird strategy.
We all know the correct thing to do it this:

View attachment 5227

So my read of this table is that IF we beat Inter at home, we go level with them on points (7) therefore it's between us and Inter going into the final game.

Assuming Inter will beat PSV at home, we will have to beat Barca away. Tricky, however you'd assume Barca have already qualified in first place by then so surely won't care or play the big dogs like Messi.
My one concern is that Messi may actually play, if he needs gametime coming back from his injury, but yeah, without him we do stand a chance.

Group winners
Dortmund (GER)
Barcelona (ESP)
PSG (FRA)
Porto (POR)
Real Madrid (ESP)

Group runners-up

Atlético (ESP)
Tottenham (ENG)
Liverpool (ENG)
Schalke (GER)
Roma (ITA)

Through, position to be confirmed
Bayern (GER)
Ajax (NED)
Man. City (ENG)
Lyon (FRA)/Shaktar (UKR)
Juventus (ITA)
Man. United (ENG)

• No team can play a club from their group or any side from their own association.
  • Seeded group winners are away in the round of 16 first legs on 12/13 and 19/20 February and at home in the return matches on 5/6 and 12/13 March.

Does that mean our opponent will be one of these:

Dortmund (GER)
PSG (FRA)
Porto (POR)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Bayern (GER)
Ajax (NED)
Lyon (FRA)
Shaktar (UKR)
Juventus (ITA)

Dortmund (GER)
PSG (FRA)
Porto (POR)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Bayern (GER)
Ajax (NED)
Lyon (FRA)
Shaktar (UKR)
Juventus (ITA)

It's Ajax vs Bayern in group E. Ajax can win the group if they win the game.

City will win group F unless they lose to Hoffenheim at home and Lyon win in Donetsk.

Juventus will win their group unless they fail to beat Young Boys away AND United win in Valencia.

What with the Legends game at new WHL having to be cancelled, surely it’s destiny that we face Bayern!

Dortmund (GER)
PSG (FRA)
Porto (POR)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Bayern (GER)
Ajax (NED)
Lyon (FRA)
Shaktar (UKR)
Juventus (ITA)
Porto, Ajax, Lyon or Shakthar then please. They’ll all be tough but at least these should be less tough!

Group winners
Dortmund (GER)
Barcelona (ESP)
PSG (FRA)
Porto (POR)
Bayern (GER)
Emirates Marketing Project (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Juventus (ITA)

Group runners-up

Atlético (ESP)
Tottenham (ENG)
Liverpool (ENG)
Schalke (GER)
Ajax (NED)
Lyon (FRA)
Roma (ITA)
Manchester United (ENG)

• No team can play a club from their group or any side from their own association.
  • Seeded group winners are away in the round of 16 first legs on 12/13 and 19/20 February and at home in the return matches on 5/6 and 12/13 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back