• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT** Barca vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah look it was great in a lot of ways but they had nothing to play for and left Messi and Suarez on the bench. Let’s not lose the run of ourselves.

We left Lamela on the bench, started an academy CM, CF and RB, an AM and and LB signed as kids for very little money from the lower leagues, a CB Southampton were not sure about and a couple of bargains from mainland Europe. Not forgetting of course, the man many would have you believe is the biggest waste of a transfer fee ever.

Any credit we get for tonight is warranted.

We left Lamela on the bench, started an academy CM, CF and RB, an AM and and LB signed as kids for very little money from the lower leagues, a CB Southampton were not sure about and a couple of bargains from mainland Europe. Not forgetting of course, the man many would have you believe is the biggest waste of a transfer fee ever.

Any credit we get for tonight is warranted.

Lamela was on the bench for 3 players bang in form. Harry is more than just an academy kid as is Winks. They’re full internationals and in Kanes case a world class player. Toby was wanted by Man U in the summer.

Tonight was great, I fudging loved it and I fudging love these players and this manager. But we drew with an already qualified and under strength Barca side and needed an unexpected result from PSV to get through. It’s great but let’s not get too carried away.

I thought we only got into 3rd gear. We've played way, way better than that in recent seasons.

And Barca only got into 2nd gear. With their first team they would have beaten us.

It's good to get through, but we need to sort out a LOT of issues, to progress further. I fully expect us to leave in the next round, based on that performance.

Lamela was on the bench for 3 players bang in form. Harry is more than just an academy kid as is Winks. They’re full internationals and in Kanes case a world class player. Toby was wanted by Man U in the summer.

Tonight was great, I fudging loved it and I fudging love these players and this manager. But we drew with an already qualified and under strength Barca side and needed an unexpected result from PSV to get through. It’s great but let’s not get too carried away.
Barcelona needed help from the ref to draw with us so the help from PSV evened itself out.

I thought we only got into 3rd gear. We've played way, way better than that in recent seasons.

And Barca only got into 2nd gear. With their first team they would have beaten us.

It's good to get through, but we need to sort out a LOT of issues, to progress further. I fully expect us to leave in the next round, based on that performance.
Cor blimey, here comes the fun police!!!

;-)

Even accepting all of that, we just went to the Nou Camp and fully deserved a result. Plenty of teams go into matches needing a result and completely combust. Plenty of teams scrape by after getting dominated because quality teams full of professionals are going to give no one an easy game.

I don’t think anyone is over egging it - we didn’t just match them, we cut them apart more than once. Coutinho, Dembele, Rakitic, Messi for 30 mins.....we were seriously seriously good against them.

And it could so easily have been the fact that we needed to score (after being forced to start our 3rd choice, inexperienced right back who made the mistake) that left gaps wide open for a side as good as them to pick off and exploit. But we just kept going and going. Remember where we’ve come from and remember who Barcelona are. This was epic.

Barcelona have put together a massively expensive and talented first team and squad. Their first team beats most teams in the world. They beat Madrid 5-1 recently. So yeah their first team would have probably beaten us especially with the ref helping them. That doesn’t mean we won’t progress in the next round.

Even accepting all of that, we just went to the Nou Camp and fully deserved a result. Plenty of teams go into matches needing a result and completely combust. Plenty of teams scrape by after getting dominated because quality teams full of professionals are going to give no one an easy game.

I don’t think anyone is over egging it - we didn’t just match them, we cut them apart more than once. Coutinho, Dembele, Rakitic, Messi for 30 mins.....we were seriously seriously good against them.

And it could so easily have been the fact that we needed to score (after being forced to start our 3rd choice, inexperienced right back who made the mistake) that left gaps wide open for a side as good as them to pick off and exploit. But we just kept going and going. Remember where we’ve come from and remember who Barcelona are. This was epic.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great performance and result. One of the nights I love being a Spurs fan that completely overrides the heartbreak of some of our rooster ups.

But you can’t just dismiss the fact that they had nothing to play for. You could see at the start of the second half that we hunted them down and wanted it more. But they were effectively playing a glorified friendly.

We did well and achieved a lot to get through. But until we produce performances and results like that when it matters to both teams, Ballague’s comments are a load of hot air.

Winks getting back to his best
If that's close to his best, I dread to think how he is at his worst! I think he was absolute brick! A whole host of misplaced passes in dangerous areas, he stopped tracking his man twice and was extremely lucky to get away with it. In addition his trademark Parker turns completely killed off the attack more than a few times.
I really hopes he's better than that, because he was lost out there today.

Mm, I think you should be the one on the receiving end of such an instruction after your charmless instruction to us all above.
Janssen did very well in the Eredivise.

I still think that there is a player there. Look at how Poch turned Sissoko around.

Back