• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Give me a player that gives a brick every day of the week over the modern vanilla players we seem to try to breed now

The characters have been taken out lf the game and it has IMO affected the passion on and off the pitch. We’re lucky to have kane as one of our own as there are no other player in our team IMO who connect with the fans on the same level

We had it with Dawson, Robinson, Van der Varte... strangely it was never with the real top players

I think Son cares a lot too. He connects with the fans, describes playing for the club as an honour and is always happy. He works hard, scores great goals. I’d put him up there as one who connects with the fans.

I think Son cares a lot too. He connects with the fans, describes playing for the club as an honour and is always happy. He works hard, scores great goals. I’d put him up there as one who connects with the fans.

Yeah he does care
He is a really passionate player that shows it
I do think most players care but for me it comes down to how is expressed

I've said the same about the ability of young players coming through now. They all seem to come from the same mould. Good passers and technical abilities, but absolutely zero imagination or any stand out/special qualities.

That’s Chelsea’s academy for you
They create identikit players who win youth tournaments but lack the brains at a higher level as it’s not been coached in them

Give me a player that gives a brick every day of the week over the modern vanilla players we seem to try to breed now

The characters have been taken out lf the game and it has IMO affected the passion on and off the pitch. We’re lucky to have kane as one of our own as there are no other player in our team IMO who connect with the fans on the same level

We had it with Dawson, Robinson, Van der Varte... strangely it was never with the real top players
I agree Dawson and Robbo had a great relationship with the fans, to the point where even when I knew they were no longer good enough I wanted them to get a move and do well at their next clubs. Vdv was a top player IMO though, the fact he couldn’t run just meant we managed to get him, it was like time stood still when he got the ball. Under redknapp it was the perfect marriage, he was given a role where covering ground was not his priority, something most coaches don’t / can’t give nowadays. I know it’s part of our overall philosophy but sometimes I think Eriksen would benefit from being able to stand still around the edge of the box rather than covering the most ground in the team.

Also agree on Kane who really is a throwback in so may ways. Dier seems to ‘get it’ but the test is when a player rejects a move out out of loyalty. This is why I’d like to see Jan get a new deal, he may not beat his chest but his long service and current performance levels make him the sort of player I’d like us to keep around, someone to set the standards for newer players.

Last edited:
That was lovely to watch. Just need a right back with similar abilities now. Davies is a good player but Rose gives us a different dimension and he had the pace to not get embarrassed by Dembele too.

Immense tonight. Really, really good. If we can get a run of games into him, we will be laughing.

Seemed to have found the burst of acceleration that he hadn’t really demonstrated in a long time. So up for the battle. Just please don’t get another month of injuries now.

Showed us what we’ve missed from him at times when he’s been injured/dropped. Quality performance. Brings a different dynamic to our play imo.

MOTM for me. He was solid in defence, didn't look rusty and bombed on so often.

This is the one area he is heads and shoulders above Davies. Explosive going forward and always poses a thread to the opposing fullback.

Feel like Davies is a more comfortable option, usually more defensively sound but certainly not as dynamic.

Both great options though.

Back