• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Had a shocker, but Jesus Christ his teammates did him no favours.

It makes more sense to me that Poch uses the young uns less than I’d like when you see how much protection the unit has given him and Fyoth lately.
He had a shocking moment of miss-control then lost a foot race with usain bolt, but apart from that and especially after that I thought he did well. Thumbs up from me.

Although I think Sissoko is the best RB at the club.

He had a shocking moment of miss-control then lost a foot race with usain bolt, but apart from that and especially after that I thought he did well. Thumbs up from me.

Although I think Sissoko is the best RB at the club.

Agree with much of the sentiment, he did well after the mistake. That’s the risk you take with young players but I like the fact our manager understands that and won’t throw him to the wolves which is the same way he treated Foyth.

But Aurier is our best right back IMO.

The important thing is that he didn’t hide after his mkstake. He got back on it, started taking ownership of the ball and playing risky passes under pressure into tight spaces. That exactly what Poch would have wanted, and he’ll be all the better for this experience. He should know that he’s faced some of the best players in the world in a huge game and they are just human, he’s more than capable of standing up to them and playing his game.

Mistakes are fine with Poch as long as you don’t hide. He didn’t, so he’ll be ok.

I thought he grew after that shocking mistake, and did very well in the second half until he was subbed. At least now he can breathe a massive sigh of relief and not worry about the consequences of that error. He'll learn from it for sure.
I thought he was a little shell-shocked for a bit after that but he grew into the game. It is a great experience for the kid though and one that will make him a better player, of that I have no doubt.

Just imagine if there was a way we could have had Atouba at left back and Sissoko at right back. Oh the fun....

Sissoko may be fast becoming a legend but he ain’t no Atouba. Until he starts doing Cruyff turns in his six yard box, he shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath.

KWP was solid after that slip. I think that with a bit of physical conditioning he will be ready to step up. Right now he's learning, but he looks better each time he plays.

KWP was solid after that slip. I think that with a bit of physical conditioning he will be ready to step up. Right now he's learning, but he looks better each time he plays.

I thought that he shrunk into himself a bit, in the first half, after the mistake but was good in second half. He will have learnt a lot from last night.

I do wonder whether he is more Kyle Naughton than Walker.

Definitely has more pace and trickery than Naughton did, although I thought he was a solid squad member. KWP could yet become that.

For me he needs to get physically stronger, a preseason in the gym/on the roids will sort him out.

Did well to recover from the disaster start, and decent management from Poch not to yank him at HT.

Still not convinced, my biggest issue with him is what is his strength? (Walker was an athlete with pace & physicality, Trippier has his crosses)

My opinion is the FB positions are an easy target for an upgrade (or upgrade on backup positions)

It was a terrible game for any player with so little game time to come into. He would benefit from a loan where he could get 20 odd games under his belt. It would have been easy for Poch to pull him at half time and showed good leadership from him and will have done much for the boys confidence.

Did well to recover from the disaster start, and decent management from Poch not to yank him at HT.

Still not convinced, my biggest issue with him is what is his strength? (Walker was an athlete with pace & physicality, Trippier has his crosses)

My opinion is the FB positions are an easy target for an upgrade (or upgrade on backup positions)
Agree 101%. Despite that mistake last night he is usually excellent on the ball, especially when attacking down his flank, but he clearly needs a spell in the Championship to acquire that extra steel, physicality and all round experience as well as to work on his crossing.

I think coming through that will be a career builder, like Foyth's penalties

For me the problem was that at the two key moments in Dembele's run he was having to use his left foot - by being kept back for the corner, he was in the LB channel in that situation. Which perhaps reinforces that he needs to only introduce him as a RB.

Back