• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT** Barca vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is easily our biggest match of the season. Playing against one of the biggest and richest teams like Barcelona at their place must be one of the dreams of every football fan. We got our wish but too bad that we must beat Barcelona to progress to the next round of the CL. Wish we can just enjoy this match instead of feeling under pressure to win. We need to step up our game and give our best performance to have any chance of beating Barcelona. Let's hope Barcelona will get complacent as they are already assured of progressing as the group winners.

I think Kane will be our key player in this match. We play well when Kane plays well and scores ! Since we badly need to score, hope Kane will get a goal or two to help us win this match. Apart from Kane, we need others like Eriksen, Alli, Son, Lamela and Moura to be at their best too. I thin Eriksen can really hurt Barcelona with his defence-splitting passes and crucial goals. Wish Lamela will be fully fit to start this match as his work rate and creativity can really lift us. Alli's run and eye for goal will be usefull to us as well. Son can help us with his long range shots too. Moura has not been at his best recently. I think he can come on later in the match as needed.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We badly need to control the midfield if we want to have any chance of winning this match. Wish Wanyama and Dembele are fit to start this match. Their experience and quality would have been great weapon against teams like Barcelona. Instead, we have to rely on Dier, Sissoko or Winks to stop Barcelona. Somehow, I think Sissoko can be our secret weapon against Barcelona with his work rate and runs. It is going to be tough, but hope our midfield will do their part to help us win this match.

We really need a big performance from our defence. It will help us greatly if our defence can stop Barcelona from scoring in this match. Lloris, Alderweireld and Vertonghen need to be at their best and fully alert for whole match to stop Barcelona. We need to avoid getting too ambitious in defence and avoid giving away any silly freekicks near our goal. Barcelona do have players who can score long range goals. So, we need to stop those long range shots. Ofcourse, we need to be alert of Messi's dribbling, runs and eye for goal. Wish Messi won't be at his best in this match.

It is going to be a tense match for us. Barcelona will be up for this match since they are playing at home. Just hope they won't be at their best since they have already qualified to the next stage. It will help us greatly if PSV can beat Inter Milan away but we cannot fully rely on PSV. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get the much needed and historic win over Barcelona to progress to the next stage of the CL.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players fully fit against Barcelona. No doubt Barcelona won't make it easy for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then get another goal or two to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get the much needed win to progress to the next round of the CL.

We all know how it’s going to end. Badly - and probably in the last 10 minutes, after looking like we might just do it for the previous 80.

We all know how it’s going to end. Badly - and probably in the last 10 minutes, after looking like we might just do it for the previous 80.
I have the same feeling. We'll be 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go, while Inter and PSV are drawing, then we concede and Inter score the winner 3 minutes into injury time.

I'm scared...

After fighting back from the brink ill be gutted if we're demoted to the Europa league.

We have no excuses, it's in our hands but it's a daunting task.

When was the last time you were optimistic we'd win FFS? And how many times in our last twenty matches have we lost?

Sort it out.

I had a look at the last 8 CL seasons and Barca secured the top spot in their group before the last round four times.
On two out of these four games Messi played full 90 mins, once he was subbed on for the last 30 mins and once he was injured.
Usually, they rest the keeper, one of the CB's, the fullbacks (this time no option there) and Busqets.

So I expect this line-up:

Cilessen
Semedo - Lenglet - Vermaelen - J. Alba
D. Suarez - Rakitic - Vidal
Messi - Munir - Coutinho

Really hope I'm wrong.

We fudged it up long before this game. Great to be within a chance still. We put that stupid sign up saying "the only place to watch champions league in London" with a picture of our new stadium. Its just too non Spursey if we got through. To hear the champions league music at the new lane would be immense and i so hope we do it. However, being a pessimist i just cant see it. Our only hope would be Inter slipping up. For all the good things we have done we still cant get past a semi or make significant things happen for us.

I hope im wrong but cant see us progressing.

I had a look at the last 8 CL seasons and Barca secured the top spot in their group before the last round four times.
On two out of these four games Messi played full 90 mins, once he was subbed on for the last 30 mins and once he was injured.
Usually, they rest the keeper, one of the CB's, the fullbacks (this time no option there) and Busqets.

Cilessen
Messi - Munir - Coutinho

Really hope I'm wrong.

Not sure we can hope for a much weaker side than that tbh. They have to put at least some talent out to support the rest of the eleven.

They have quality wherever you look, esp Denis Suarez.

My preference of missing players (based on who could cause us problems / stifle our plan) are:

1. Messi (obviously)
2. Coutinho (just quality)
3. Busquets (to free up Eriksen)
3. Artur (makes things happen)
4. Alba (He'll give KW-P a torrid time and stop us pushing on the right)
5. Pique (makes Kane's life easier)

Sadly think only one of those will be missing, maybe two at best.

Cilessen
Messi - Munir - Coutinho

Really hope I'm wrong.

I dont think the past is any indication of the future though unless the manager is the same. Each has their own approach to this sort of situation

Back