• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Dt_izKGWsAA5KTw.jpg

Dt_izKHX4AELpni.jpg

Dt_izKFWkAAJW1y.jpg

NAxYP5i.jpg

InW1ndB.jpg

I hope it's not Man Utd now
I've just had a date come through for my knee arthroscopy
Its the 7th January with being off my feet for 2 weeks meaning I would miss it !!

You won't need that. You won't even need crutches. You might be a bit unsteady for a day or two. But full return to sport is only 4 weeks. I've had 3 arthroscopies. I was clubbing the night after one of mine!

You won't need that. You won't even need crutches. You might be a bit unsteady for a day or two. But full return to sport is only 4 weeks. I've had 3 arthroscopies. I was clubbing the night after one of mine!
Would be amazing
I've only got to have a simple clean up, am also getting a PRP injection to speed recovery up too (Plasma Rich Platlet) nice that my private heath care is paying for that as it's £1,800 alone

Was up in London over the weekend, so decided to have a wander up to the New Lane ,lovely walk to the ground as no over ground trains running from Seven Sisters anyway,still loads of cosmetic work needs to be done,you can see from outside scaffolding,boarded up windows,contractors still working away inside,plus loads of bits and pieces need to be done outside.....still can't see it being opened in January unless it be a reduced capacity game(4th round of Fa cup perhaps end of Jan).

Club shop very impressive some nice gear but some prices for the Nike stuff mmmmm a tad over the top....£100 for a training top...really !!!....
Did you go to any home games in the Lanes last season?

Would be amazing
I've only got to have a simple clean up, am also getting a PRP injection to speed recovery up too (Plasma Rich Platlet) nice that my private heath care is paying for that as it's £1,800 alone

The anesthetic is much better these days too. It's like an hour long nap and then you are wide awake straight afterwards. No days of grogginess, like it used to be after operations.

My last one was about 3 years ago. It was on a Thursday afternoon and I was fit to go to work on the Friday, except it was icy, so I just left it till the Monday.

By 13 Jan I maybe wouldn't try the Seven Sisters walk, and braking in a car might still be too difficult, but if you can get a lift/taxi/bus to within half a mile or so, you should be absolutely fine. New WHL is going to have escalators too isn't it.

Obviously people in front row seats can see over the advertising boards and see the pitch! But the level of the front row seat, where your bum is, appears to be lower than the pitch - unless this is an illusion?

Correct, it's an optical illusion. The advertising boards that you can see the back of are higher than the pitch. There is a slope downwards as you go from the pitch onto the flaps when in football mode, but it's not as pronounced as it it seems from that video.

For example, see the North Stand elevation here

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?attachments/22818/

Last edited:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...aying-at-new-stadium-until-february-w6btb5tzw

Test event delays may stop Spurs playing at new stadium until February

exclusive
Matt Hughes, Deputy Football Correspondent

December 10 2018, 5:00pm, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F6a8b2544-fc91-11e8-9a88-fa81ced0c139.jpg

Spurs are having difficulty staging the test events needed in order to gain a safety certificateJOHN WALTON/PA WIRE
Save
Tottenham Hotspur face a further delay to the opening of their new stadium because of difficulties staging test events over Christmas. The club must hold several events to gain a safety certificate and are preparing to welcome 6,000 fans selected by ballot for a tour of the ground on Sunday but are struggling to fit in larger events in time to meet the preferred opening date of the Premier League game against Manchester United on January 13.

Tottenham had scheduled test events for successive Sundays on December 30 and January 6 but the first date is proving problematic because of a shortage of staff and police resources in the build-up to the new year. The London derby between Crystal Palace and Chelsea taking place that day is already stretching Metropolitan Police and it is understood that Tottenham have altered their plans.

The Times has seen photographs from the club’s operations room at the new stadium, including a seven-week daily planner detailing the work that needs to be done by contractors starting on November 26 and leading to the proposed opening date of January 13. That is now being revised.

Tottenham are making good progress after numerous setbacks but the inability to open against United could result in the opening being put back to the following month.

The club’s next Premier League home game after United is not until the visit of Watford on January 30. However, because that is a Wednesday night on the eve of transfer deadline day, it is hardly the ideal date for such an occasion, so the opening could be put back farther. Tottenham are at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the following Saturday, February 2.

The club have not publicly confirmed their plans for home matches beyond the Wolverhampton Wanderers game at Wembley on December 29 and they are expected to issue an update later this week. Being drawn away to Tranmere Rovers or Southport in the FA Cup third round has helped them, although a home fourth-round tie on the weekend of January 26 and 27 could present another dilemma.

Back